Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2002 3:23:17 PM EDT
I was listening to talk radio on the way home from work this afternoon.  The host is is obviously a bleeding heart left winger was talking about a bill in the Missouri House that would limit CCW to counties of less than 250,000 if passed.  A guy called in to say he was a cop and didn't like the idea of "citizens" carring guns. He continued to say that it was because of his vast experience and training that he could carry a hand gun safely.  He then went on to say that if he left the force he would be in favor of concealed carry because he would want to be able to continue to carry!!! What a FU*KING HYPOCRITE. Guys like this give cops a bad name, regardless of what else they do.  All of his training my ass. I'll bet I fire more rounds in a month than most cops do in a year.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:58:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Its May 15th, we don't bash cops on May 15th.  If you don't know why just go up to a cop and thank him for being there.
View Quote

Thank you for remembering.[usa]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Its May 15th, we don't bash cops on May 15th.  If you don't know why just go up to a cop and thank him for being there.
View Quote

???? please explain.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#6]
hey guys, how about a "i hate cops" forum, where you can sit in an angry little circle and whine about all the mean things police do and your subconscious resentment over anyone who can exercise authority over you, because you got your hand slapped or a ticket once 10 years ago in this "nobody tells ME what to do" society.
quite frankly, the cop bashing is played out, tired, and old.   get over it.
today is the day i remember my partner who got killed in the line of duty for people like you, tell it to his kids.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#7]
shotar,
Thank you for remembering! I've been at one memorial service today and will go to one tomorrow. Lots of LEO, firemen, EMS, and politicians attend. Not too many citizens attend. But I will say that I try to thank the ones who do and will definitely remember those that take the time to come to the services.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#9]
It has been my experience,  (In the field since 1983)  that police do not listen to, much less call in to, left wing talk radio shows.  I think somebody was spinning a tale. As for  poice memorial day:

Drew Bolin.  run down by a drunk driver at an accident scene. 1999.

Lee Jones.  Shot three times in the throat with a .380 on a traffic stop. 2000.

Rick Hunter. Purposely run over by a felon fleeing other officers. 2001.

Keith Ruiz. Shot between the vest panels trying to make an arrest of a Salvadorian illegal dealing Meth. 2000.

Randy Vetter. Shot in the head by a lunatic with an assault rifle over a traffic violation.

Jerry Carrico. Off duty and on his way home, run over by a drunk driver walking through his apartment complex. Disconnected from life support after 4 months in a coma at wife's request. 2001.

All of them known to me, All from Austin except for Randy and Jerry.   All of them good people, good shooting and hunting  partners, and people you would certainly want by your side. There are lots more,  but these were my friends and co-workers.

God Bless you all.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Johninausstin, why don't you come right out and call me a lier?  I was here in Kansas City listening to the radio and heard the call. I don't give a fat rats ass what you have been doing since 1984. It is people like you and your holier than thou attitude that led me to make this post anyway. Too bad I can't cry with you and all your buddys over May 15th, you knew the price of admission when you bought the ticket young man. I have known lots of cops in my life, most of em have been pretty good people, and a few have been really good friends. None of em have had your elitist attitude. You need to pick a profession where you don't have to deal with people that are beneath you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I simply stated that the caller may have been making it up.  Read the post again,  and take a chill pill. BTW:  I'm 44.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Ummm
dmuldrew.....Read Johns post again!!!!!

You have missunderstood his post BIG TIME and owe him an apology!!!

He is saying that the caller you heard was spinning tall tales NOT YOU!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It is people like you and your holier than thou attitude that led me to make this post anyway. Too bad I can't cry with you and all your buddys over May 15th
View Quote

Holier than thou?  Really?  It isn't that at all.  They have EARNED the right to some respect.  Have you?

Be glad there is somebody watching out for you so you can sleep comfy at night and wake up the next day to complain.  God knows I don't understand why anybody would want to do a job with crummy hours, lousy pay, scumbags that want to kill you, and a public that disrespects you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 5:42:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
. Too bad I can't cry with you and all your buddys over May 15th,
View Quote

AWW, YOU FUCKING PUNK.!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I wasn't bashing cops, read my post again, and I'm not apologizing either.  Anyone who thinks they should have a right carry, when everyday people should not, while stating that the right to carry would be ok if he were an ordinary citizen is a hypocrite. I have been posting on this board since it was the old AR15 forum,and I have never jumped in on any of the LEO bashing that has gone on here.  Lots of jobs are dangerous with long hours and crappy pay. Respect is earned, not handed out when you get your badge. BTW, I'm 47.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

i would just like to say, i have seen lots of LEO "stuff" on today, and i belive police are not appreciated enough. I would try to buy a police man lunch at a restrant, but 1: they get it free usually anyway and 2:they would prob. be wondering what i was up to.  I also like to do this for Military vets.  While i was on the cruise i had a hour or two conversation with a WW2 and Korean war vet.  he was very interesting.  on formal night he was wearing his medals, and one side of his jaket was sightly sagging due to the weight of them.  there were many.  he was also MIA for a while.  thankfully he wasnt KIA or a POW.  anyway, i would like to thanks all our service men from Police to military, they all give great sacrifice(sp) to us.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Be glad there is somebody watching out for you so you can sleep comfy at night and wake up the next day to complain.  God knows I don't understand why anybody would want to do a job with crummy hours, lousy pay, scumbags that want to kill you, and a public that disrespects you.
View Quote

It's a power-trip thing, sort of like the new federalized airport security screeners groping 16yo babes instead of searching psychotic-looking Middle Eastern dudes.

I sleep just fine thanks to Gaston Glock having done his job.  I think we'd be safer without cops around, since people would then be forced to take responsibility for their own safety, just as they did during the Albiquirky police strike back in 1974.
[url]http://www.ncpa.org/pub/st/st176/s176d.html[/url]
[url]http://www.ncpa.org/pub/st/st176/s176notes.html#32[/url]

Relegate the cops to a post-incident investigative role.  Which is 90% of what they do now, anyway, it's just that they and their masters propagandize people into thinking that they're around for peoples' "protection".

Fire, of course, is a different matter, since the capital costs of owning your own fire truck are so high.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:03:44 PM EDT
[#19]
My undergrad is in criminolgy.
The Kansas City study clearly showed that if the public does not know the difference, an extremely proactive patroling force is no different in terms of overall crime rate than a strictly reactive force ala Europe.
It is the knowledge of the public that makes the difference.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Muldrew you missread johninautins post,he is for the police.    And my thanks to all you in law enforcement,allthough this probably is in the wrong forum.

Bob  [8D]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Amen Johninaustin.
May our brother LEO rest in peace.

BTW, 71-Hour_Achmed, your village called and they want their idiot back, so buh bye!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Too bad I can't cry with you and all your buddys over May 15th...
I have known lots of cops in my life, most of em have been pretty good people, and a few have been really good friends. None of em have had your elitist attitude.
View Quote

Bullshit you liar!

If you REALLY have been "good friends" with ANY cops, you would NOT have pissed on them like you did by mocking their Memorial day - [i]"I can't cry with you and all your buddys over May 15th".[/i]

I'll bet you got an arrest record don't you?

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Guys,  mellow a bit please.  Muldrew, it's been a very very bad day for a lot of folks here, and an even rougher one tomorrow. I just don't have the urge to give you the fight you are apparently looking for.  I tell you what.  I give up.  You win. I'm going to go check on my troops, catch you all tomorrow evening.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
next time you are y/attacked/dogbit/robbed call someone besides the LEO's you disdain so much.  [      ]
View Quote

ya, what you gonna do?  call the other police?  
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Dmuldrew, there wasn't a goddamn thing in Johninaustin's post that was 'holier than thou'.  You made the assumption that the caller was really a cop, and then assumed that John was talking about you, not the caller.  All John did was recite the names of a few of the fallen.  But I guess it's okay that they died, since they were just on a power trip, anyway.  "Too bad I can't cry with you and all your buddys over May 15th, you knew the price of admission when you bought the ticket young man."  You arrogant fuck.  As far as I'm concerned, you and Achmed aren't worth the sweat off a rookie cop's balls.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:08:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
BTW, 71-Hour_Achmed, your village called and they want their idiot back, so buh bye!
View Quote

71-hours has a great idea, and makes a good point.  
I bet [i]he[/i] doesn't run with scissors.[;D]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Johninausstin, why don't you come right out and call me a lier?  I was here in Kansas City listening to the radio and heard the call. I don't give a fat rats ass what you have been doing since 1984. It is people like you and your holier than thou attitude that led me to make this post anyway. Too bad I can't cry with you and all your buddys over May 15th, you knew the price of admission when you bought the ticket young man. I have known lots of cops in my life, most of em have been pretty good people, and a few have been really good friends. None of em have had your elitist attitude. You need to pick a profession where you don't have to deal with people that are beneath you.
View Quote
                                                                                           Hey Demoldy, Go to sleep tonight and hope your loved one (or your pathetic twisted self) is never a victim of some heartless,mindless, depraved thug. Hope to hell no one that matters to you ever gets attacked or taken HOSTAGE in a bad situation gone worse. Then you may have to call on the "elitist" types like us that don't "shoot lots of rounds" like YOU, to yank your fat from the fire. All the while, you/loved one are cowering in a corner dialing 911 and wondering why the cavalry response time is SOOO....long. From the traffic officer to the most combat ready SWAT/HRT Agent, we come when called to selflessly do the best we humanly can. Show some respect, or clam up.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a power-trip thing, sort of like the new federalized airport security screeners groping 16yo babes instead of searching psychotic-looking Middle Eastern dudes.

I sleep just fine thanks to Gaston Glock having done his job.  I think we'd be safer without cops around, since people would then be forced to take responsibility for their own safety, just as they did during the Albiquirky police strike back in 1974.
[url]http://www.ncpa.org/pub/st/st176/s176d.html[/url]
[url]http://www.ncpa.org/pub/st/st176/s176notes.html#32[/url]

Relegate the cops to a post-incident investigative role.  Which is 90% of what they do now, anyway, it's just that they and their masters propagandize people into thinking that they're around for peoples' "protection".

Fire, of course, is a different matter, since the capital costs of owning your own fire truck are so high.
View Quote

I love you man! Let me find you Adeen Rooskaya v zhiva!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Randy Vetter. Shot in the head by a lunatic with an assault rifle over a traffic violation.
View Quote
Good you mention this one, JIA.  DPS Trooper Randy Vetter was shot by an old man he pulled over for wearing no seatbelt.  The old man had a grudge against the police and the government.  He refused to wear his seatbelt because he said it was unconstitutional to make such a law.  He also refused to pay property taxes, for the same reason.  IIRC, the old man stopped, exited his vehical holding a Mini-14, gave the Trooper a chance to disengage and retreat, and when the Trooper did not do that, the old man shot the Trooper in the head with the rifle.  The old man then called on the police radio and waited for other units to arrive.
DM and Achmed, your attitude reminds me of this nut.  You give us a bad name, just like that old man did.
View Quote

He's not a nut. He just really doesn't want to wear his seatbelt. I knew a guy that had been through hell with Michigan court over that. He had a hiatal hernia. its not a crime to not wear a seatbelt, Stormtrooper.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
A guy is so insistent on disregarding his own safety......
View Quote

Thats no ones business.  He was allowed to "disregard his own safety" all he wanted to as long as he didn't disregard someone else's in the process. (i just didn't like the way you worded that [;D])
.....that he shoots an LEO, but he's not a nut.
View Quote

Yes, he's a filthy murderer for killing someone, but I understand the frustration he must have felt.  Many here feel the same frustration at the mention of the name sarah brady, janet reno or billy klinton.  
FWIW, I despise laws of this type.
View Quote

"click-it or ticket", thats the BS they're starting here in WA.  I wear my seatbelt when I'm driving, and I wear a helmet when I ride, but NO ONE should tell me I have to.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 1:46:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Too bad I can't cry with you and all your buddys over May 15th...
I have known lots of cops in my life, most of em have been pretty good people, and a few have been really good friends. None of em have had your elitist attitude.
View Quote

Bullshit you liar!

If you REALLY have been "good friends" with ANY cops, you would NOT have pissed on them like you did by mocking their Memorial day - [i]"I can't cry with you and all your buddys over May 15th".[/i]

I'll bet you got an arrest record don't you?

View Quote

Sorry to inform you that I don't have an arrest record, a few tickets for exceeding the posted limit, most of em deserved. And I might point out that I am one of the few people on this board that actually post with my name, not some made up moniker to hide my identity, and I have always stood for what was right and legal in my posts despite some bashing from other board members.
As for having friends that are/were cops, one was a police sargent that went on to become a Fire Marshal for the State of Missouri, another is Police Detective Randy Strong. We were partners when I was a paramedic and he was an EMT.  You can read an article about one of his cases that the Kansas City Star wrote, [url]http://www.kcstar.com/projects/justice/randy.htm[/url], or perhaps you caught the story about this case that the Discovery Channel did?

And you probably won't know the dozens of local police officers, highway patrolmen, sheriffs, deputies and dectives I have known over about 30 years of working EMS, ER's and Trauma Surgery units.
People die every day, it is a fact of life. I don't get misty eyed over most of em, and that includeds a whole bunch of cops that I don't know. It's not because of lack of respect, I have none for them cause I don't know em. Most do an honerable job I am sure, but as in all walks of life there are some that don't garner respect, be it by their actions or their words.
This whole thread has gotten blown out of proportion by people who think my aim was to slam cops. That is simply not what the post was about.  The post was about the hypocrisy of someone claiming to be a police officer and his views about concealed carry. I don't agree with his viewpoint, and I doubt that many  of you do either, but that didn't stop any of you from jumping in to try and kick my ass.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#36]
This is to remember Chuck Devurney.  The teenager who taught me how to ride a bike.  Became an exceptional cop in Gahanna Oh.  He was killed as a volunteer, in an accident, directing traffic for our church, during our annual festival, by a guy coming over the hill.  Nothing could be done, guy was sober, just a blind hill.

What a loss.

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#37]
double tap

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top