Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2002 10:45:11 AM EDT
I just read in my local newspaper (was either the Tampa Tribune or St. Petersburg Times) that the NCAA will be switching to synthetic basketballs next year, because the animal rights groups are complaining about the leather balls.

Anyone else feel like going out and killing a couple cows?

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Sir,

Our fellow animals have rights too.

One world!

Thank you
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/5/15/00734.shtml[/url]
You think that is nuts read what happens to a billion dollar project when a garter snake gets killed...
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Animals are here for our use and survival [kill]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:02:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sir,

Our fellow animals have rights too.

One world!

Thank you
View Quote

And they have every right to turn me into a basketball, if they can.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#5]
That's it!

JUST because of what these animal-rights/animal-worshiping/pagan/druids are doing I'm going to the "Outback" steakhouse tonight and ordering TWO 16oz prime rib cuts.

I always order two anyway, my wife just eats the crableg add-ons.

Hmmmmm... dead cow meat - medium rare.

[b]Poor, defenseless, dough-eyed little cow - [red]BLAMM![/red], flop, rip, chop, cut, flame, EAT!![/b]

Mmmmmmm... more please!!

Dead furry animals... Dead is good. Cooked is better!

Mo' meat, mo' meat, mo' meat...

Chewing on prime rib dead cow meat... Oooooooooooohhhhh!

[b]Meat Is Food!![/b]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#6]
GOOD!!!

Maybe the decreased demand for leather will make the leather seat option in my next car less expensive.[:)]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#7]
BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
(as dasani water exits my nose)
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:52:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Seriously, does leather demand even affect the slaughter of cows?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Many cows gave their hides to very nicely upholster the interior of my Excursion.  I can only wish that I could have eaten them too...
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:12:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Can someone tell me which car maker, offers the Animal Rights Activist hide seats?  I'd love a set of those!  

....ABS, CD Stereo, Power Lock, Power Windows, AC, PETA seats, Loaded!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Seriously, does leather demand even affect the slaughter of cows?
View Quote

No,

Leather production is just a side function of meat production. If leather damand increases, prices simply go up, more cows are not slaughtered. If meat prices go significantly up, then yes, more cows are slaughtered.

(yes, I am in the meat biz)

-legrue

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Leather production is just a side function of meat production. If leather damand increases, prices simply go up, more cows are not slaughtered. If meat prices go significantly up, then yes, more cows are slaughtered.
View Quote

I always assumed that's what happened, just didn't know for sure. It's funny, it seems like most of the time these groups aren't even helping their causes, just making things more difficult for everyone else. Someone needs to give these people a clue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top