Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2002 9:52:14 AM EDT
[url]http://www.masslive.com/business/unionnews/index.ssf?/business/pstories/biz512sn.html[/url]

Sounds like good news to me...
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Springfield company lay suffering from largely self-inflicted wounds.
View Quote

One year later, Smith & Wesson is once again popular with its customers
View Quote

is this true,?

Is the boycott over..?

is it once again cool to buy from them...

just realized.. I havent "wanted" for a S&W product in a long while...
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Boycott over for S&W? Have they publically renounced the HUD Agreement that they publically signed? Don't think so. Piss on 'em until they tear up the "agreement".
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 6:06:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, they renounced it.  Called it unworkable, unenforceable & unusable.  Don't have a handy link, but I remember reading this about a month ago.

Link Posted: 5/16/2002 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes, they renounced it.  Called it unworkable, unenforceable & unusable.  Don't have a handy link, but I remember reading this about a month ago.

View Quote

NO, they have not. I e-mailed them about 2 months ago asking about it & they replied the "current administration is gun friendly, yadda yadda yadda".  IOW, they're taking their chances on the NEXT administration as well.

The boycott is still ON.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 10:38:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

NO, they have not. I e-mailed them about 2 months ago asking about it & they replied the "current administration is gun friendly, yadda yadda yadda".  IOW, they're taking their chances on the NEXT administration as well.

The boycott is still ON.
View Quote

You may have written then [b]2 months [/b] ago but [b] last month [/b] the decree was totally dropped by Boston . Here is the link below :
[url]http://www.masslive.com/business/unionnews/index.ssf?/business/pstories/biz512sn.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You may have written then [b]2 months [/b] ago but [b] last month [/b] the decree was totally dropped by Boston .
View Quote

Only one not-so-tiny flaw there. That agreement is with **Boston**. The Boston agreement didn't do spit to or against TN.

The other, the shakedown by Cuomo (sp?) was by the Klinton administration's HUD Dept. This was the FEDERAL agreement.

No flame, just pointing out the possible smokescreen by S&W.
Link Posted: 5/17/2002 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top