Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2002 7:46:08 PM EDT
Been watching "The Shield" for the last month or so on TNT, Tuesdays at 9pm central. I usually spend most TV time watching Speed Channel, Discovery Wings, etc., this show has drawn me in.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#2]
See [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=109948[/url]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#3]
i do.  havent missed one show yet.  the last thread on this show didnt go so well. o-well.  its better than most of the other garbage on tv imo.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I love this show for the pure entertainment value.

It is not very realistic though.

The things that happen in this show could not happen in reality.

Thats Hollywood though.

For entertainment it gets a 10 in my book.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#5]
It's my new show.
Missed the first one, but, I've seen the rest.
Vic Mackey is quite the rule bender.
He's got more shit goin' on and ways to deal with it than I've seen in a long time.
Great TV.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 8:40:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't really like cop shows, but the Shield is awesome. I've seen every episode.

What is up with the guys on Vic's crew ? They are all stupid as hell. Vic is always cleaning up their fuck ups. Strike Team is supposed to be elite. The only one who is any good is Vic.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a synopsis of last week's episode...

A member of the Strike Squad unjustifiably shoots an unarmed guy in front of his sister.  They plant a gun on him (while the dude's awake and lucid) and arrest him for attacking a cop.  Afterwards, they figure out that he's one of the good guys and want to let him go (once he gets out of the hospital).  However, the gun (that they planted on him) will be used as evidence against him.  

SOOOOOO...the strike squad holds up the evidence van, steals the gun, and plants it on the guy that they were after in the first place.

Meanwhile, the guy that did the unjustified shooting holes up with the guy's sister to protect her from the real bad guy and in the meantime looks to get his dick wet with said sister.  After learning that the guy hitting on her is the guy that shot her brother she pulls a gun on him.  But after learning that the Strike Squad was trying to make things right, she goes to bed with him.

I MEAN COME THE F--- ON!  

Who the hell writes this crap?!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#8]
I think it's an entertaining show, even if it might stretch plausibility pretty far. It actually seems more realistic then the usual cop shows where the hero gets into 5 gunfights in every episode. I didn't like killing the cop in the first episode much, though I figure they did that for shock/ratings.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, not too bad. I'm still partial to "Hill Street Blues" when it comes to cop shows.

I just wonder what real LEOs think of the TV shows about cops, which one is most "real to life"?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't really like cop shows, but the Shield is awesome. I've seen every episode.

View Quote

It is the only show I make a point to watch.  Makes me want to become a corrupt cop [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top