Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2002 5:10:59 PM EDT
the other day I happened to glance up at the black board, and notice somthing very intersting. in large block letters it said "nco's" quote of the day. after doing a little asking around I found out it was the idea of our sergeant major. unfortunately the last nco rank I have held was first sergeant, and have since come to be a captain. anyway I decided that some of the other officers would like to get in on the action so I created the officers quote of the day. so what I am asking for is some suggestions for famous quotes from officers

all help is appreciated
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You can find the valiant quotes of Officers in any history book. Its the colorful language of the NCO, that encouraged the men to go up the hill, That is most often left out of those sacred tomes of history.

Fearandloathing37...you may quote me on this.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I know this I was an enlisted man for a large chunk of time.

personally I think any officer who leads from the rear is a peice of shit. my only reasons for becoming an officer were so that the good men of the nco ranks wouldn't have to suffer any more of the ocs butter bar bullshit.

personally I don't but into all that "officers are special and different than nco crap"

my senior nco call me by first name as do my junior officers when we are not around other senior officers. the way I look at it I might be an officer but you ain't gonna do shit for  me if you don't respect me. sure I could threaten you with punishment and harrasment of untold perportions, but I preffer to get you to do what I need you to do because I am a good leader and motivate you to do it even if you are terrified. I hate those officers who rule purly through threats and tourture.
ps. you want colorful speachs you otta hear mine [:D] I make the senior sergeants cringe.

ps I suppose what I am really asking for is your favorite officers quote. I can find plenty of good ones but I want your favs
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought you said you were in high school ROTC last year.  Is this an error on my part?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:32:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:42:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I thought you said you were in high school ROTC last year.  Is this an error on my part?
View Quote

The way JROTC normally works is that juniors are sword-bearing NCOs with seniors as cadet officers.

JROTC, in my opinion, was a joke.  I experienced 4 years of it at a military school (4 years that I will cherish forever).  The reality was that seniority (ergo, how long you had been at the school) was far more important in terms of leadership than actual rank.  I was a cadet corporal for 3 years simply because my SAI was a raving shithead who I would never suck up to for rank.  Because so few of my rat brothers remained, most of my company and battalion staff was made up of 2nd year cadets (most of whom were fucking tools).  I normally ended up being the one doing report, forming the company, drilling, etc simply because the "leadership" couldn't lead a horse to water.

For ah1z:  Are you actually in the military or are you JROTC/ROTC?  If you are rot-see than you take your shit way too seriously.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top