Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2002 4:59:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
#1 they have the authority to do this
#2 yes it is legal
#3 does your dad know you're on his computer?
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#3]
i'm sorry dude, just playin' [:)]

BTW, how did you know i was an LEO????
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bet you would be barking up a storm if that happened to US Citizens but since it doesnt affect you you dont care. It wouldnt be illegal to this to us citizens either.
View Quote

it DID happen to me,and the reason i know is that MY high school had the same rule.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Get em trained while their young.

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:20:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Im sorry, if I came across as an ass. [:D]

But whats up with all these nazi school prinicipals, we have the thong police and the id card patrol whats next the einsatzgruppen?
View Quote

you're young, things like this will seem trivial by the time you reach your thirties, follow their stupid rules, silently flip them the bird and enjoy life.(noone can tell you what to think and feel)
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I bet you would be barking up a storm if that happened to US Citizens but since it doesnt affect you you dont care. It wouldnt be illegal to this to us citizens either.
View Quote

Ha, the kid's got you there, Shoez, lol.  And he's got a good point, too.  Just because something is legal doesn't make it right, or necessarily even acceptable.

[%(]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I teach at a Vocational High School and we have school ID cards there, and yes students are required to carry them while on school property. I could go on about all the negative aspects of the cards, but it hasn’t come to be a big problem, they were instituted to keep non-students off the grounds back in the late 80’s/ early 90’s when there were major problems at the school.

Yes, students can be sent to ISS (in school suspension) if they do not show the card when asked. The only time I’ve asked for the card is when a student is giving me a hard time about something, kind of like driving barefoot, not a problem even when pulled over unless you start giving the LEO a hard time.

The students that I have talked to about the cards say they use them mostly for cashing checks either on campus or at a bank out in town, it’s a picture ID until they get their driver’s license.

If you don’t want to wear the ID then get on of those single strap backpacks with the ID holder with the clear plastic on the strap.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Im a sophmore in hs and they do the exact same  to us to the point of stupidity...I dont have that big of a problem with them, but they only allow you to wear them around your neck on these lanyard things, not on those clip on badges. (until or shopteacher spoke up, the principal who does a combat patrol of the school made us wear the things in shop...it was just asking somebody to get their head spun into a lathe).  When we questioned why we had to wear them, the moron tells us they will protect us from getting shot..a few of us went home and put a few rounds through them, making sure they werent kevlar.  Its mostly a rebel against authority thing though....

edited because I slept in english class
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#12]
i think the reason school administrators are going to the extreme on the id card issue is that it's something "visible that they are doing for safety"  in the post 9/11 world, everyone wants to be able to say "see what we're doing, no terrorists will infiltrate OUR school"  yeah, like THAT would ever be a problem.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#13]
it DID happen to me,and the reason I know is that MY high school had the same rule.
View Quote

[b]me too,[/b]

Think of it as pre employment conditioning.
Many of us working stiffs are required by our employers to wear photo badges.

It dont get any easier once you out in da workin' world.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I know it cause I am a member of ar15.com and spend to much time on the computer reading posts and have noticed you say it before like in the ever used your ar in defense post.
View Quote

you must have the posts confused, i think you mean the "have you ever been shot at"  yes i have, but i never used an AR, but i get your meaning, seriously, i WAS just fucking with you.
[:)]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
When we questioned why we had to wear them, the moron tells us they will protect us from getting shot..a few of us went home and [b]put a few rounds through them,[/b] making sure they werent kevlar.  Its mostly a rebel against authority thing though....
View Quote

LOL… Wonder if I could make a few bucks off a new fashion trend? $10 per person to let the students come to the range and put a couple of rounds of .22 through their cards, $25 for a .44 magnum, $30 for a .30-06. And while I’m at it I can teach them firearms safety, something I’m not supposed to do in the classroom [rolleyes]. Though I have done it on a case-by-case basis w/o the handling part.

Here’s a quick question for ya’ll that attend/ work in a school: ever walk down a hallway and have a spent .22 case fall out of the waffle of your boots?
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#16]
someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the only "right" that students have (in public school, anyway) is the right to due process.

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#17]
In my old high school in SC we had to always have school id's but we were not required to have them visible (IIRC). At my new school here in SD they have no such stupid rule.

A rule that really sucked ass was in middle school> We had some crazy assed Nazi bitch as a principal for one year and the dress code was changed to require ALL students to tuck in their shirts. I think this was mainly done to try and prevent the stupidass wanna-be-gangster's asses from showing. Wearing pants around their damn knees. Fucking retards.

SCHOOL SUCKS!
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#20]
SuperChicken:

It’s five to ten and $500 for each person that doesn’t report them (the .22 casings) in the Peoples’ Republik of Massholia

Don’t know what I would do if I caught someone with spent brass at school, probably the same thing one of my English teachers did to me one time: ignore it and told the class what would happen if someone came into class after doing something they shouldn’t have behind the school.

Sometimes I only have to be told once.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Back when I was in high school, we had no ID cards until senior year (1989 for anyone who cares) when all that started. We were issued litte paper non laminated cards with our names on them (no photos) and our "student number" (funny but true, my last name began with an A and I was seventh in alphabetical order in my senior class so my student number was 0007). To make a long story short we used them as bookmarks. I went back to visit some teachers last year and now my old school has metal detectors, laminated photo IDs with lanyards the kids wear around their necks, hall monitors in uniforms and it seemed that all the lockers had the same type lock (guessing the principal has a "master key"). I agree with the kids that it seems "security" has run amok and caused a lot of kids to get the Fuher treatment. Just more proof that like gun laws, it only takes one or two "incidents" to ruin it for everyone.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Superchicken or Klink: Your Federal Education Penitentiary is probaly alot like mine..do you guys have a person who sits in the bathrooms all day? Apparently this guy is supposed to make sure nobody smokes in there, but its pretty freaky to have some guy in there asking you another word for a trench while he fills out his crossword puzzle while your taking a piss.  I find it hard to believe taxpayers actually employ this guy or even know these are the kind of jobs they pay for.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#23]
School sure has changed since I went.
I remember having fist fights with some of the teachers. They even started them 50% of the time unprovoked.
One day, the woodshop teacher punched me in the face for no reason causing the inside of my mouth to bleed (Showing off to an underage girl in class). I did a triple combination on him and bloodied and bruised him up a bit because he made me mad.
All that happened was, he threw me out of the class for the rest of the day, I just wandered around in the desert across the street.
In high school, I even had some teachers that cared so little, we never had to show up for class. They just marked everyone present everyday, No one cared. I even remembering going to rival campuses and sometimes even getting in fights, no security, nothing.
I seldom even showed up for any detention.
Now, you poor guys have to have your paperwork in order.
But then again, it doesn't sound as bad as the corporal punishment they use to give out.
I have been swatted and had black bruises laid across my ass by the vice principal more than once for nothing too offensive.
I'm an official member of the ash board 3/4"x2"x14" swat team.
Sheesh, what fear they put into kids these days, denention for not having your paperwork in order?
What are they holding over your head,,, your future?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top