Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2002 2:02:37 PM EDT
its citizens.[url]www.epic.org/privacy/carnivore/army.html[/url]and the military. this sh^t makes me mad.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#2]
BTW - we the people own the network not the military. sir
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:13:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I must be missing the point. If the government wants to secure it's networks from "the bad guys", what is wrong with it? Every time I log in or use the phone at work (USN) there is a sign on the phone/computer that states, Use of this equipment constitutes consent to monitoring. I take that to mean that if I use it they can (and probably do) monitor my conversations and emails. There is also a 2 page form that I signed that states I would not use any equipment except for government business.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:46:05 PM EDT
[#5]
KS4, the military is the reason that we have an internet in the first place.
As for the topic, guess what, people in the military give up most of their rights, and know it when they join.
I cannot publicly speak out against the President, nor can I publicly endorse him, or any other person, or entity.
The use of military computers means that you give up the right to privacy when sending or reciving information.
People who live in the barracks or base housing are subject to searches, and any vehicle on base is subject to search while on Federal property.
I guess that you have never been on any government property, becasue if you have been, you would have seen the signs posted at teh gates.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#6]
"...would assist this office's mission in investigating criminal incidents of intrusions involving United States Army networks."

Seems to me that they're wanting this to prevent hackers and such ilk from penetrating DOD computer systems.  How is that sinister?  Unless, of course, you believe that somewhere in the Constitution, people are granted the inalienable right to hack into the DOD computer networks.  Geez, get a grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top