Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2002 10:34:58 AM EDT
I installed the sprinkler system and drip system in my back yard (not too bad but I wont do it again anytime soon.) Now all I need to do is install a mist system for the dogs.  I want to run it to the back porch.  Can anyone help?  I have the following:

Back yard stub, put a compressor on that and ran the sprinkler and drip off it, I also have a Rainbird class E 6 station timer, if that means anything...

wondering if I can run the mist off the existing sprinkler pvc or am I way out of my league here?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#1]
You should be OK.

But look in the phone book for someone that does misting systems. They are usually very helpful, even to the do-it-yourselfers (they will be more than happy to sell you the parts).

I would stay away from the misting systems from HellDepot, Lowesers, etc. They just have the right pressure to work properly.

From what I have been able to gather, professional misting systems run with their own compressors. Standard city water pressure isn't enough to create a really good mist. Also the typical do-it-yourself kits, don't use the right size nozzlel. The mist is to large, so you get drips and standing water under the nozzles.

Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you wanting run the mist system on the timer as well?

You should have no problem running it off of the sprinkler main. I'm assuming that it's going to be a small system with a small amount of output and that you have didn't try to over drive the normal sprinkler stations in regards to the amount of water/pressure you have available. If that's the case, you should probably be able to run the mister and the sprinklers at the same time with little change in output, should you desire.

Normally, here in Texas, the systems run early in the morning and later of evening, unless more is needed, and you probably wouldn't have the mister running at those times anyway.

Email me if you need more help or have any other questions. I know a little bit about this stuff.

Ponyboy
Licensed Irrigator

LI6860 TX
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top