Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2002 9:50:21 PM EDT
[b]Crazed cat terrorizes Nova Scotia family[/b]
Angry Siamese attacks owner; police called in to subdue feline

DARTMOUTH, N.S. (CP) — A frenzied feline took on a babysitter, a family and the police in a nasty scrap that sent people scurrying out of their home.

Cocoa, the family cat, went on a rampage Sunday evening, forcing a family in Dartmouth to call the police for help.

Staff Sgt. Mike Burns said the Siamese chased the family out of the house and on to the lawn.  "This was a Siamese cat with an attitude problem," said Burns.  The cat had attacked its owner, tearing the man's pants and giving his leg a few nasty bites.

It took two officers a half hour to catch the cat using a blanket.  Burns says the cat would run and hide and then launch itself at them.  The capture could have gone much quicker, but the officers were trying not to hurt the crazed animal.  Burns says the last the officers saw of the cat, its owners were taking it to an animal hospital.

Link: [url]http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1021295409685&call_page=TS_News&call_pageid=968332188492&call_pagepath=News/News[/url]

I wonder if the blanket the LEO's used was a pre-ban/LEO version...
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn!  If that little furry terror had been at my house, the story would have ended like this:

"...Burns says the last the officers saw of the cat, its owners were taking it to an animal cemetary."

The only thing that keeps our remaining cat alive is that it knows when to quit pushing its luck.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
What, no Animal Control?
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Those siamese cats just suck plain an simple. If don't like cats as it is one of those things will really set you off. They're like the assh*le of cats, your pal one sec then tryin to chew your leg off the next.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:07:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Those siamese cats just suck plain an simple. If don't like cats as it is one of those things will really set you off. They're like the assh*le of cats, your pal one sec then tryin to chew your leg off the next.
View Quote

That's one of the things I like about Siamese cats. LOTS of attitude. [}:D]

I agree with prk, though. Cops wouldn't have been called. Except by neighbors for gunshots heard. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Gunshots? Thats what that Aguilla SS is for!! I shot some yesterday and the stuff is quiet as can be. I would recomend a revolver for it though as it will not cycle my MkII.

[beer]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:23:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Hell yeah, that Aguilla is awesome.  In my 10/22, all you can hear is the bolt.  Killed a rabid coon in the backyard the other day with one.  You have to be pretty close to them though.  That cat would have been dinner!
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 7:57:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmmm

We already register dogs here in Canada...

Now they want us to register our guns......

WE NEED TO REGISTER CATS!!!!

Do it for the children!
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 12:52:00 PM EDT
[#8]
You have to assume that a family that has a cat loves cats in the first place -- much like a family with a dog loves dogs in the first place. But if your dog went wild and tried to kill you, of course you'd have to shoot it.

Cats, on the other hand, seem generally harmless right up until one decides to kill you. That's when you need a Super Soaker and a blanket.

Final disposal is up to the owner, I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top