Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2002 8:20:48 PM EDT
What's the point? Their not that different from say football fans. They'll paint themselves up, stand out in some cold ass weather and generally raise hell about something they enjoy(although the football fans aren't out in the weather as long some of them do tend to wear less clothing). I just think theres alot of crazy fans for alot of different things in the world and unless what their interested in is hurtin someone theres no reason to bash em. How many people here have went out an plinked in the dead of winter and how many people would think that was crazy? We are fans of firearms and we get bashed all the time and i don't enjoy that at all. Now enraged soccer fans.....thats a little different.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#1]
How about spending tens of thousands of dollars on guns, magazines, and ammunition to spend 10 hours getting sunburned while [i]other people[/i] shoot your full auto hardware?  Any of the guys at the May 11th shoot know just what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Star Wars. I am a science fiction fan in general. Will I camp out for months to get movie tickets? NO! The bloody thing will be showing for months.

Scott

Link Posted: 5/13/2002 10:26:33 PM EDT
[#3]
In the 1970's and 80's when I was a kid, the Star Wars movies were cool.  All special effects were claymation or miniature type effects.  Now they use this CGI (Computer generated imagery) crap which looks like cartoons.  We went to see the Phantom Menace when it was at the theater and it was so obvious that it was marketed for an 8-12 year old kid(so they can keep them hooked for all 3 movies over 6-8 years) that It was annoying.  I would have left if my wife hadn't wanted to stay.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In the 1970's and 80's when I was a kid, the Star Wars movies were cool.  All special effects were claymation or miniature type effects.  Now they use this CGI (Computer generated imagery) crap which looks like cartoons.  We went to see the Phantom Menace when it was at the theater and it was so obvious that it was marketed for an 8-12 year old kid(so they can keep them hooked for all 3 movies over 6-8 years) that It was annoying.  I would have left if my wife hadn't wanted to stay.
View Quote

No flame,But the 70's and 80's Star Wars were
marketed towards8 to 12 year olds too.Hell,I
was 5 when I saw it for the 1st time in 1976.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Lordtrader?
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:50:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What's the point? Their not that different from say football fans.  
View Quote

I bash them equally as well [:D] For me, the the whole Star Wars phenomena has reach a saturation point. The movies have steadily become worse, with less awe and wonderment. The Empire strikes back was the last great film. (Although revealing Darth Vader's face at the end was a bad decision. Now, when I look at the original, I can't help but think of Curly from The Three Stooges.)
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 12:00:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Well Mach i guess if a person is gonna bash em all then bash with abandon. Everybody has their little interests an hangups an I laugh an poke fun at some of em to, i'd just seen some posts that were downright hateful about it sometimes an it made me wonder. Makes a lot of people come across as being very unhappy with their lives(i'm not implying this about you).
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 1:29:11 AM EDT
[#8]
How about those 2 dopes that were camped out in front of the theater for 4 MONTHS just so they could be the first to get tickets? That is just plain ridiculous!
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 2:06:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How about those 2 dopes that were camped out in front of the theater for 4 MONTHS just so they could be the first to get tickets? That is just plain ridiculous!
View Quote

Hey, I resemble that remark! (Just kidding. Obviously, that pair has/had no lives, no jobs, no other reason to live. Can you say, "Pathetic"?)
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:23:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Imbroglio, your just pissed because you didn't think about that first.  You could have been (Like they have been) on Letterman, Leno, and tons of radio stations.  They can probably write a book about it and make millions.  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Welcome to Seattle.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 9:19:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Mac-Daddy said:
"Hell,I was 5 when I saw it for the 1st time in 1976."

That was a neat trick since it didn't come out until 1977.  [;)]

- CD

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 9:26:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Actually it screened in a lot of theatres in 1976. If a person went to the trouble to look you would see 1976 on some of the merchandise, mainly promo stuff I think.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Their not that different from say football fans.
View Quote

Star Wars is two hours of escapism. Football is months of hero worship (false idols for you christian types). So I find Football fans much worse.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Star Wars is two hours of escapism. Football is months of hero worship (false idols for you christian types). So I find Football fans much worse.
View Quote

But, the Football fans can beat up the Star Wars fans [:)]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#16]
I was just trying to point out the extremes of all sorts of fans, didn't intend a real direct comparison. As for the christian hero worship thing i don't know where the hell that came from but i'd appreciate it you wouldn't f*ck up my post by trying to incite any religous members. Post your own topic if you want to do that.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

No they can't!!!  Star Wars fans have lightsabers and blasters and the Force and stuff.  They can flip out and kill you just by looking at you.  They don't have to chop off your head, like wimpy ninjas do.

Jedi are so cool.[:E]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#18]
...depends on which football fans you are talking about.  Bills fans couldn't beat up Rosie O'Donnell fans, much less Star Wars fans!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I was watching the Special Edititon of the ESB last night. I saw AR-15's, AK's, and of course the obvious Broom handled Mauser that Han uses and the British Sterling SMG that the stormtroppers use.

Look more closely at some of the "blaster" rifles of the troops of Echo base, the front site of the AK is pretty obvious, and some had dressed up AR-15's, look for the shorty handguards in one of the beginning scenes before the General Veer's ground assualt.

lib
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Not when we have our lightsabers and blasters!
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Not when we have our lightsabers and blasters!
View Quote

Hahaha there ya go.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:03:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

No flame,But the 70's and 80's Star Wars were
marketed towards8 to 12 year olds too.Hell,I
was 5 when I saw it for the 1st time in 1976.
View Quote

I don't really remember any plots from the trilogy that involved kids.  I am not saying that kids didn't enjoy th trilogy, it just seemed like there were more adult themes to the scripts.  No flame intended here either.  Later.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 2:02:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not the football fans I've seen.  I don't think the grotesquely obese can beat up much of anything, other than a bag of pork rinds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top