Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2002 1:07:40 PM EDT
Looking for a FFl to do an out of state transfer for a Kali legal M1A.  

Had a great FFL guy for years but for some reason, I think he's out of buisness.  He doesn't return my calls.
Bought quite a few guns from him and had great prices. (he still made a profit and I didn't mind paying more to support his buisness) Took me years to fing this guy and now I'm on the look out again.  

Every Gun store, FFl person I call all wanna charge 10% or a 100 bucks. I wouldn't mind the gouging if the folks I talked to were nice decent people, but every time I talk to someone about this, they talk to me with a huge attitude.

I don't blame them for acting this way because of the way things are in Kali but why take it out on a fellow gun owner and a possible buisness relationship.  

Thats my sob story.    
Looking for a honest, nice, easy going FFl/dealer who I can do some buisness.  

I seriously have to move out of this state.
Any help would be great.

Email me at [email protected]

thanks

BTW, I tried most gun stores within a 30 mile radius.  Got ripped off at a few too.

Link Posted: 5/13/2002 1:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 1:30:52 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.krausewerk.com[/url] says he'll do it for $30 to $50 plus PRK sales tax if its a dealer to dealer sale, or same thing less tax if it's a private sale.

-hanko
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you all for your replies.  Email and posts.

Will try with the info given.

For your info, the transferis from a FFL dealer into Kali.

Please keep the good info comming.  Could always use a number of backups.

Link Posted: 5/13/2002 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 7:19:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Shadowblade, you don't live in CA do you.  We in the occupied areas there are no "kitchen table FFL's".  If you don't have a store you don't get an FFL.  Thus the folks around here need to charge a fee to stay in business and nobody can begrudge them that.  The fee to the dealer for the backround check in CA is $25.00, or so I've been told be every FFL in me area.  Most of the shops charge a percentage of the price because by you buying a gun from somewhere else and they doing the heavy lifting on the paperwork side you are taking business from them.  They have to do the transfer per state and federal law but the fee is not regulated.  They're in business to make money and that's fine with me, if I don't like the fees they charge I don't by the gun or go somewhere else. Isn't America's great.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 7:38:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#7]
KNIGGE FIREARMS CO.
7046 VILLAGE PARKWAY
DUBLIN, CA 94568
PHONE 925-244-1660
[email protected]
[email protected]

I found this guy to be great. He's one of the good guys trying to help us out. No, he's not a dick either.

Link Posted: 5/13/2002 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll second the recommendation for Mr Knigge. Nice guy, very helpful, odd hours (in a good way), unusual shop. If you use his services, you'll see what I mean.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:29:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Keep the faith Kali guys.  I'm just glad I'm not alone.  

Thanks to all who replied.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top