Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2002 8:17:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question, yes, it's bound to happen.

But, is that a bad thing? [:\]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Robert Heinlein wrote a couple of neat novels on this subject:

"The Moon is a Harsh Mistress"
and
"Red Planet"

The latter is aimed more at young people, but it's still a good read.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#3]
[i]Martian Chronicles[/i], Ray bradbury. Great book. One certain chapter of that book,(I won't spoil it, but those who have read it can probably guess), gave me nightmares for years.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]
lets make mars into a prison and every so often when the prison gets to full, the air bubble which sustains life pops and they die.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Red Planet is also a very pro-gun book.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
"Red Planet" doesn't have anything to do with the movie does it?
View Quote

They got my hopes up. I thought there was a third Robert A. Heinlein movie coming out. That Val Kilmer flop has NOTHING to do with Heinlein's book, except a stolen title...

Scott

P.S. I recommend Red Planet as required reading for all gun-owners and their kids...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top