Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2002 7:45:58 PM EDT
I just picked up a new in box Atmalite AR10A2 .308 rifle for $950.  I didn't know that much about these rifles, but it seemed like a fairly good deal.  The only downfall too the rifle is that it has the Camo finish on the plastic parts, but I will change them with black and put the Camo stocks and grips on EBAY or here.  Haven't had the time to shoot the rifle, but how do you guys think I did?

Here is what it looks like with the ugly realtree camo furniture.

[img]http://www.youngsguns.com/gunpicS/ARMALITE308CAMO.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
$950 is a great price.  I guess it's time to start buying mags, mags, mags!
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Save the camo, you will be glad that you did.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Great deal IMHO!

I would eazily pay $1200 for one.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Sloper, will M4 AR15 handguards work on this thing?  Also, can I interchange the AR10 pistol grip and buttstock with standard AR15 equipment?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#5]
keep the cammo.  everyone has as 'all black' black rifle.  it adds character.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:54:06 PM EDT
[#6]
You're just gloating....

Congrats on the new baby.

I love my AR-10T.  Now I'm saving for a AR10 A4(C).  I want the whole thing camo'd.  Talk about the perfect brush gun for deer!  [:D].
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 1:51:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Camo the entire gun to match the furniture.

Lovely!
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:25:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Camo the entire gun to match the furniture.

Lovely!
View Quote

Argh. What was the name and website of that company that did that kick ass job for the one moderator

Laurer? Something like that?
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:55:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Snazzy! & a great deal!.
I don't think that's a factory camo job - they do the whole thing. But still very nice for a great deal!
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:58:14 AM EDT
[#10]
good deal!, and as mentioned, keep the camo! [:)]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 4:50:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
$950 is a great price.  I guess it's time to start buying mags, mags, mags!
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 7:44:50 AM EDT
[#12]
BTW, where is the best place to buy the 20 round mags for this thing?  I think I check Armalites site and they want over $100 for them.  That seems too high.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:09:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
BTW, where is the best place to buy the 20 round mags for this thing?  I think I check Armalites site and they want over $100 for them.  That seems too high.
View Quote

That comes with the territory for owning one of these guns.  It is like owning a Ferrari, Lamborghini, be expected to pay something like $3,000 for a tuneup. There are zero alternative sources for AR10 magazines outside of Armalite. Do a search on AR15.com and see for yourself. The AR10 use modified M14 mags, and Armalite sells a kit for the do-it-yourselfers, but you only saving a few bucks. For me if I could legally own an AR10, I would gladly pay the price for mags.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:18:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey, AR10s look good in camo.

[img]http://home.bak.rr.com/varmintcong/AR10A4od.jpg[/img]

Though I did choose the nickname "uglygun" but that has to do with a former plan to build a gun that would have turned out even uglier than the one pictured above.

I am in agreement with the others, keep the handguards/furniture.

Killer price too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 8:21:48 AM EDT
[#15]
you can buy a m1a mag for about $40.00-60.00 and cut your own notch in the side of the magazine for the mag release.  Here it how I did it.  Pull the mag release out and insert a new 20 round magazine until it just clears the bolt.  Reciprocate the bolt a couple times to make sure it clears and then take a scribe and mark the hole.  Use a dremel tool to cut the magazine.  You will need to take a small file to clean up the holes so the block of the mag release will fit.  The mags will feed but the bolt will not lock back.  If you want the bolt to lock get a follower from Armalite or send in your mags and have Armalite convert them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Ugly, I actually like your rifle in real camo.  The Realtree stuff just looks too novelty looking on guns.  BTW, did you do that yourself?
If so, good job. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Make sure that is not an intermedia type handguard. That's one longer than a shorty but shorter than a standard.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 2:44:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just picked up a new in box Atmalite AR10A2 .308 rifle for $950.  I didn't know that much about these rifles, but it seemed like a fairly good deal.  The only downfall too the rifle is that it has the Camo finish on the plastic parts, but I will change them with black and put the Camo stocks and grips on EBAY or here.  Haven't had the time to shoot the rifle, but how do you guys think I did?

Here is what it looks like with the ugly realtree camo furniture.

[img]http://www.youngsguns.com/gunpicS/ARMALITE308CAMO.JPG[/img]
View Quote

Can you share where you bought it from? and do they have any more for sale.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top