Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2002 7:39:42 PM EDT
[url]http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_99/hannigan092099.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought this was going to be another slave reparations thread.......
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:59:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I thought this was going to be another slave reparations thread.......
View Quote
[:D]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 5:02:10 AM EDT
[#4]
For those of you wondering whether or not the link is worth clicking, let me summarize:

It's a parable about the evolution of the monetary and banking systems and the supposed conspiracy by the financial elite for world domination.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#5]
RENAMED, did you find it worth clicking?
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
RENAMED, did you find it worth clicking?
View Quote

Yes, I did.  Even though it started with a historically inaccurate scenario and wandered into tinfoil territory, it was thought provoking.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#7]
While simplistic and LONG, it portrays the basic problems we are forced to deal with.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#8]
But it leaves out one fundamental fact.  Wealth CAN be created.  For when you assemble or grow something in which the value of the sum of the parts is worth more than the individual parts, you have in fact, CREATED wealth.  And nowadays, we don't even need to print as much money, because the credit, interest, and tracking system is not a zero sum game.

However, it is a great story to mislead some of the less educated sheep in the world.  Much the same was the muslims (or many other millions) are led astray by lies, too dumb to know they are wrong.

WL
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Was it me, or did anybody else notice that the Money Men and GoldSmiths, on that little fable site had Big Nose's and other Jewish facial characteristics usualy found in Nazi propoganga posters of the 30's.

Kind of lets you know where the writers are coming from Huh.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Was it me, or did anybody else notice that the Money Men and GoldSmiths, on that little fable site had Big Nose's and other Jewish facial characteristics usualy found in Nazi propoganga posters of the 30's.

View Quote

Hmmmm
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes it was very simple ,but since I have nothing it asures me in the fact that there will be plenty more of it for me!

So I can neither confirm nor deny that I have nothing to say about nothing.  

Bob [8D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:49:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey Fear, before the anti-semetic bullshit really gets rolling, why don't you go here, and read the names; [url]http://land.netonecom.net/tlp/ref/federal_reserve.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 4:10:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like this guy?

[img]http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_99/19-banker1x1.jpg[/img]

He doesn't have the stereotypical hooked nose.  Still, as I read through the story, I kept expecting the portrayal of the "goldsmiths" to take a turn for the worse.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 4:36:30 AM EDT
[#14]
But it leaves out one fundamental fact. Wealth CAN be created.
View Quote

Certainly, wealth can be created and has been for a long, long time.  Otherwise we'd trying to feed six billion people with a handful of berries and a few grubs. [;)]

I think [?] that the point of the story is that we have a problem because our money, which we use to represent wealth or debt, is created and controlled by a system that has nothing to do with the "real" economy of people actually creating wealth.

But is this really a problem?  In the story, all sorts of economic woes develop with time.  In reality, our standard of living has improved over time.  And if we look around the world, we see that countries with strong banking systems tend to be better off than those without them.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top