Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2002 7:23:48 PM EDT
From [url]http://www.sacbee.com/content/politics/ca/story/2671396p-3371683c.html[/url]

[b]One of the insiders appears to be Polanco, the author of the 1993 law. Finance Director Tim Gage testified before a legislative committee that Polanco called him to ask that his staff listen to a pitch by Logicon Inc., the company that proposed the Oracle deal to the state and stands to make $28 million for its role.

Polanco's son, Richard Polanco Jr., works for Oracle and attended at least one state advisory committee meeting about enterprise licensing agreements in the weeks leading up to the deal last spring.

In another no-bid contract in 2000, the brother of Sen. Polanco's information technology consultant held key positions in two companies involved in the overhaul of the state's Web portal. Much of that project was done through CMAS.

Polanco could not be reached for comment, and he has not responded to earlier requests to answer questions about the state's growing technology scandal.
[/b]

I am not the lest surprised that there is a scandal.  I just hope the damn California voters don't forget by November.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:19:59 AM EDT
[#1]
No, CA voters are preoccupied with issues such as this:

[size=4]Dead endangered snake stops BART project for second time[/size=4]

[i]Published 2:35 p.m. PDT Saturday, May 11, 2002[/i]
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - An endangered garter snake has stalled construction on the Bay Area Rapid Transit extension to San Francisco International Airport for the second time. State wildlife officials ordered work stopped Thursday after a worker found a dead snake. Another snake was found dead last fall. It stopped construction for 18 days and cost BART $1.07 million.

The snake's death was investigated Friday, but officials from BART and the state Department of Fish and Game said they did not anticipate a long halt in construction.

"We are working with BART to make sure they are sensitive to issues concerning the garter snake," said Robert Floerke, regional manager for the department.

[url]www.sacbee.com/state_wire/story/2648151p-3308998c.html[/url]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:52:12 AM EDT
[#2]
A Garter Snake! HaHaHaHaHa!!!!! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 5:55:47 AM EDT
[#3]
They could import some from Illinois.  We have billions!

Oh.  It's California.  Let them hang by thier own stupidity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top