Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2011 2:43:01 PM EDT

So I'm filling out a job application for a IT position with a government entity(they won't take a resume) and there is a part in the employment history section asking why I left my previous jobs. What exactly are HR drones looking for there?

I left my last W2 job because "I got sick of the all bullshit from everyone and I didn't need to deal with it any more because I can make money as a free agent" I don't think the person reviewing my app would like that. As to why I want to "leave" my current position "I want to get the out of VA but I can't do it without a job."

Another thing I'm a little confused about. When listing my self-employment should I really put down that I work 0 - 40 hours a week and I make $35hr - $90/hr?
It would be so much simpler if I'd knew tonight's lottery numbers before the drawing.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#1]
reason for leaving = to better myself or better job/opportunities,      I would NOT list any negative type reasons..

Salary I would put down self-employed contractor with 'varies' - if they ask in an interview you can elaborate more..

good luck

Brian
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top