Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2011 9:09:36 AM EDT
Although the "Big Bang" is often presented as if it is proven fact, there is a wealth of data, including recent revelations of the several space probes and findings in fundamental physics, which possibly tell a different story.

One of the first problems are found in the Large Scale Structures in the Universe. In recent years, there have been a number of very serious challenges to the current theory of cosmic evolution and the belief the universe began just 13.7 billion years ago. The existence of these "Superclusters", "Great Walls" and "Great Attractors" could have only come to be organized and situated in their present locations and to have achieved their current size in a universe which is at least 80 billion to 250 billion years in age. The largest superclusters ––- for example, the  "Coma" ––- extend up to 100 Mpc!

In 1986, Brent Tully of the University of Hawaii reported detecting superclusters of galaxies 300 million light years (mly) long and 100 mly thick - stretching out about 300 mly across. At the speeds at which galaxies are supposed to be moving, it would require 80 billlion years to create such a huge complex of galaxies.

In 1989 a group led by John Huchra and Margaret J. Geller at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics discovered "The Great Wall", a series of galaxies lined up and creating a "wall" of galaxies 500 million light years (mly) long, 200 mly wide, and 15 mly thick. This superstructure would have required at least 100 billion years to form.

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2011/03/what-lies-beyond-the-edge-of-the-observable-hubble-universe-todays-most-popular.html

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:10:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Man doesn't know shit.

Let's keep looking and learning.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:12:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Its a Lie.

I know for a fact that there is no outer space and the solar system is a model on someone's desk in front of a giant monitor with a cool screen saver on.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Man doesn't know shit.

Indeed!
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Man doesn't know shit.

This.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Its a Lie.

I know for a fact that there is no outer space and the solar system is a model on someone's desk in front of a giant monitor with a cool screen saver on.

I agree.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Oops.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds plausible.  Way more plausible than Dark Matter.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:20:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah.....I wouldn't want to miss this one. tag
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I think its more like 503 billion years old, look at the clouds
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#10]
This is how science is supposed to work. As more information is discovered and processed, understandings change. Theories are revised or rejected. Some are even strengthened.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I got news for these morons.  There is not such thing as "time".

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So its not on my side?

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Explain, por favor?
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#14]

Interesting indeed.

I still like the term "Big Bang" for some reason...

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:29:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I find it hard to imagine that the universe has not existed forever.  Why must everything have a beginning and end?
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Our "Big bang" was a sympathetic explosion triggered by the true BIG BANG.  We are just a piece of a much larger mega-universe.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:30:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So the abstract concept of temporal relations doesn't exist?  Does that mean any other abstract concepts don't exist as well?
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Great!!! I can never be late for work!
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

This is how science is supposed to work. As more information is discovered and processed, understandings change. Theories are revised or rejected. Some are even strengthened.

Got that right.  Read an encyclopedia from 20 years ago and count the number of times the information is incorrect or flat out wrong.  It really is fascinating.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

So its not on my side?

Yes it is.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:34:01 AM EDT
[#21]
oh, yeah? Then what keeps everything from happening all at once?

What allows sequences of events to happen?

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I find it hard to imagine that the universe has not existed forever.  Why must everything have a beginning and end?

Scientifically speaking, it's still hard to be okay with the notion that not everything came from something.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:35:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

So its not on my side?

Does anybody really know what time it is?
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain, por favor?

Time, energy, and matter are all allusions to God's greatness. The feeble endeavors of physics scarcely reveal the scope of mortal ignorance.

Time is God's parable to pacify the feeble mortal mind during the learning phase until it accepts Him and joins Him in Heaven's eternity, where the parable is revealed and there is no time, just perfect existence in the eternal moment of momentlessness.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:36:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I think we are specifically talking about our own observable known universe when we talk about the age of the universe.  It is impossible so far to exclude the possibility of an infinite "multiverse" on which our own universe is just a ripple in the pond.  We try to explain the things we can observe.  The things we can't observe are anyone's best guess.

The biggest reason why we suspect a beginning to our own specific plane of existence is the fact that we can observe the universe moving apart.  It's not like all of the matter in the universe is holding in a stationary pattern with no change from one day to the next.  If that was the case then perhaps you could say that things always have been and always will be.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:37:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain, por favor?

Time, energy, and matter are all allusions to God's greatness. The feeble endeavors of physics scarcely reveal the scope of mortal ignorance.

Time is God's parable to pacify the feeble mortal mind during the learning phase until it accepts Him and joins Him in Heaven's eternity, where the parable is revealed and there is no time, just perfect existence in the eternal moment of momentlessness.

So what does that make mathematics?
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

So its not on my side?

Does anybody really care?
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:42:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain, por favor?

Not sure if serious.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:46:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain, por favor?

Or you die to serve your ultimate purpose: wormfood  
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

So its not on my side?

Does anybody really care?

Can someone explain to me why I have the time, time ticking in my head?
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#31]
6 of 1, 1/2 doz of the other....
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain, por favor?

Ahhhh...there it is! Now we can really get this thread cranked up!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 9:53:40 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Although the "Big Bang" is often presented as if it is proven fact, there is a wealth of data, including recent revelations of the several space probes and findings in fundamental physics, which possibly tell a different story.

One of the first problems are found in the Large Scale Structures in the Universe. In recent years, there have been a number of very serious challenges to the current theory of cosmic evolution and the belief the universe began just 13.7 billion years ago. The existence of these "Superclusters", "Great Walls" and "Great Attractors" could have only come to be organized and situated in their present locations and to have achieved their current size in a universe which is at least 80 billion to 250 billion years in age. The largest superclusters ––- for example, the "Coma" ––- extend up to 100 Mpc!

In 1986, Brent Tully of the University of Hawaii reported detecting superclusters of galaxies 300 million light years (mly) long and 100 mly thick - stretching out about 300 mly across. At the speeds at which galaxies are supposed to be moving, it would require 80 billlion years to create such a huge complex of galaxies.

In 1989 a group led by John Huchra and Margaret J. Geller at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics discovered "The Great Wall", a series of galaxies lined up and creating a "wall" of galaxies 500 million light years (mly) long, 200 mly wide, and 15 mly thick. This superstructure would have required at least 100 billion years to form.

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2011/03/what-lies-beyond-the-edge-of-the-observable-hubble-universe-todays-most-popular.html

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#34]
This thread has potential... in.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This thread has potential... in.

Yeah; in before the sun makes it's next revolution around the Earth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top