Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2011 3:47:16 AM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/16/cops-man-kills-woman-2-children-self-sc-31352156/#?test=latestnews

RED BANK, S.C. –  As his relationship of several months crumbled around him, Chancey Smith devolved into a drunken depression Tuesday night. A friend called 911 to warn that the 32-year-old, armed with a semi-automatic handgun, was on his way to his estranged girlfriend's South Carolina home and had said he intended to hurt her.

Deputies rushed to the scene, arriving only moments after they believe Smith shot 27-year-old Amanda Peake and her two young children before turning the gun on himself.

Read the full and sad article at the above link.

I may be an atheist, but someone please pray for the Peake family for me. I cannot believe should happen to a family, one with such young children.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 3:53:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:15:25 AM EDT
[#2]
If no one prayed for them, the rocks would cry out to God on their behalf.  This is such horrible news and goes without explanation or understanding.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:20:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If no one prayed for them, the rocks would cry out to God on their behalf.  This is such horrible news and goes without explanation or understanding.

I believe that the palm trees themselves, that so represent our state, wonder why something so horrible could be done.

Thank whatever higher power you believe that that worthless son of bitch took his own life, and may he never rest in whatever hell he deserves.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:24:01 AM EDT
[#4]
To me, another sad part of this case is that this woman was a single Mom.  Not becuase she slept around, but because her husband and father of both of her children had perished in an accident just a few years ago.

All I can think is that at least the family is back together again where no one can hurt them.

Rest in Peace.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:49:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, this one was smart to off himself...
I'm up to here with people murdering children.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:57:05 AM EDT
[#6]
She didn't sound like a high quality broad...unmarried with two kids and a very impressive career history according to the article:

"Peake did some modeling and had worked as a loan officer and at a car dealership before taking her most recent job at a tattoo parlor in Columbia."

Looks like he made sure she wouldn't leave him for someone else.  Screw this guy for murdering children, sure, but he's a fucking idiot for getting tangled up with some country trash like her.  OK, look at him, he's a certified douche to begin with.  Maybe he couldn't do any better?

ETA:  Whoops.  Looks like I'm a douchebag.... the kids are from a previous marriage that ended in a fire death.  I'm a douche, reading fail.  She still doesn't sound like a winner.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:58:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Guys like that need to reverse the sequence and shoot themselves first.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:58:57 AM EDT
[#8]
she bought the sob a motorcyle...what a worthless pos this scum was...
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:59:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

She didn't sound like a high quality broad...unmarried with two kids and a very impressive career history according to the article:

"Peake did some modeling and had worked as a loan officer and at a car dealership before taking her most recent job at a tattoo parlor in Columbia."

Looks like he made sure she wouldn't leave him for someone else.  Screw this guy for murdering children, sure, but he's a fucking idiot for getting tangled up with some country trash like her.  OK, look at him, he's a certified douche to begin with.  Maybe he couldn't do any better?

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:02:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

ETA:  Whoops.  Looks like I'm a douchebag.... the kids are from a previous marriage that ended in a fire death.  I'm a douche, reading fail.  She still doesn't sound like a winner.

Wow, she really brought this on herself!  You are an asset here at Arfcom.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:06:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Welcome to my Ignore list.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:09:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

CHOKE YOURSELF!
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:13:17 AM EDT
[#13]
What a horrible, horrible thing.  Aside from the tragic nature of this whole mess, this stuck out as I read the article:

Deputies rushed to the scene, arriving only moments after they believe Smith shot 27-year-old Amanda Peake and her two young children before turning the gun on himself.

Read more: http://foxnews.com/us/2011/03/16/cops-man-kills-woman-2-children-self-sc-31352156/#ixzz1GrUgTXp0

I know that there aren't many, if any, here that don't think about this, but just in case, please, PLEASE make sure that you can defend your family, and that your family members who are able can defend themselves.  Law enforcement is simply not able to protect everyone, so we need to protect ourselves and make sure that our family members can do the same if we aren't around.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:15:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:23:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Since she didn't have an education and did any job there was to support her children makes her trash? I guess she should have been on unemployment and welfare.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:27:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

well said, nothing i could add
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:29:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Guys like that need to reverse the sequence and shoot themselves first.

+1
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:31:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Self-identification is usually the first step on the road to recovery.  

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:31:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

that's pretty fucking low to judge her this way, she may have picked a jabroni to date, but i'm pretty damn sure if she thought he would kill her and her childern, she wouldn't have been with him.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:42:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

ETA:  Whoops.  Looks like I'm a douchebag.... the kids are from a previous marriage that ended in a fire death.  I'm a douche, reading fail. I still She still doesn't sound like a winner.

Douchebag.  "ignore"
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 5:53:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

According to Amanda Peake’s MySpace page, the children’s biological father, Matthew Peake, died in a fire in 2007. Matthew Peake was a Fairfield County deputy and the two were married for 5 years before his death.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 6:00:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I hope you get banned before reaching post count 250.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 7:31:41 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm sure if we passed just one more law against this we could keep it from ever happening again.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Damn dude

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Because she didn't live up to your high standards, it's acceptable that she and her two children were murdered? Fuck you.

ETA: The "Ignore" button was invented for situations like this.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

COC Prevents me from saying what I think of your retarded post.     And yes you are a douchebag...........  You said it.          

!@#$#%#$^%$&$^%
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:22:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I personally know someone who killed himself Tuesday.I was just thinking how nice for a change one of these crazy people decided NOT to take other people out with him...and then I read this.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Well, look how you fucking sound.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Why the fuck can't the assholes just drive off a cliff?  Fuck...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top