Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2002 3:56:23 PM EDT
Did you catch the first 15 minutes about doctors asking about and wanting to ban guns? Also, some who do not?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Did you catch the first 15 minutes about doctors asking about and wanting to ban guns? Also, some who do not?
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Dows you doctor ask if you have guns in the house? It seems many do, not mine?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems to me if more Doctors supported the Death Penalty, then they would see fewer gunshot victims in the ER.

It also seems to me if more Doctors supported Corporal Punishment by a parent or educator, then they would see fewer gunshot victims in the ER.

Accountability for your actions - what a concept.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Got as far as the intro....felt the blood pressure rising again. Started yelling at Morely again... wife came in, slipped in a tape of "Tales of the Gun." Bless her. I feel much better now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I take my kids to their doctor about 3 months ago. Dr sees I am carrying a gun. He asks what I have and also what I have at home. I tell him and then asks me if I keep them locked up. I say no with the Glock but my AR has the ammo separate. We get to talking and my son explains that I made him take a safety course and that he understands never to touch or handle any gun. That he has shot some guns. He explains how to load and rack a Glock or an AR and clear a jam. The Dr said he wished all his patients parents told their kids about guns they have at home. He agrees with me about an informed public will keep serious unintentional accidents to happen. That keeping it a secret from kids makes it worse when they find it. He also believes in the right to have guns and also carry.

Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#7]
So they've gotten the CDC involved in researching gun deaths. Is that ridiculous or what.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know...  But, in Texas, the few docs that I know have some of the nicest collections of combat arms that I've seen.

Joe
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#9]
[b]So they've gotten the CDC involved in researching gun deaths. Is that ridiculous or what.[/b]

Somehow, I don't think CDC will be researching "diseases"  caused by automobiles, swimming pools or power companies with nearly as much enthusiasm...
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I watched it, for a change I actually thought the story was unbiased. They seemed to present the story by stating the facts as they are seen by people on both sides of the issue.Ofcourse I disagree with the idiot doctors that think guns are a health issue that they need to question me about when I go for a check up.They never ask anyone if they have a car.But 60 minutes presented the story in a professional and fair manner.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#11]
If your at your doctor's office, and he asks you if you have a gun, tell him you have something much more deadly:  A doctor!

Then tell him about the stats.

WL

Link Posted: 5/12/2002 5:33:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If your at your doctor's office, and he asks you if you have a gun, tell him you have something much more deadly:  A doctor!

Then tell him about the stats.

WL
View Quote

An "oops" in doctor talk, I believe it is call a "medical mis-adventure." Remember the old adage of "a doctor buries his mistakes."

Next time you're in your doc's waiting room, leave a an old copy of the NRA's American Rifleman.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#14]
If my doctor were to ask me if I have a loaded gun in the house I would tell him to break in and find out. That is none of nobody's business and I'm sick and tired of those liberal a**hole's trying to take away all our freedoms.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:25:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If my doctor were to ask me if I have a loaded gun in the house I would tell him to break in and find out.
View Quote

Hahaha!

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#16]
A couple of points no one's touched on yet:

1) the female doctor in NYC asking the momma if she owned guns? Hello? Aren't handguns illegal in NYC? Just a bit of publicity envy there?

2) the dr who was ALL for asking the questions sure sidestepped when shown he wrote an article proposing BANNING firearms. No follow-up question there, either.

3) no one EVER mentioned how many of these "tragic" shootings were CRIME related. Little Johnny isn't getting shot while doing his homework or paper route. He's getting shot (usually) with gang related violence or drug related violence. But that wouldn't be PC to mention, yes?

4) again the female dr in NYC, when told about the criminaloglist (sp?) studies, she replies that she "just didn't believe them." Amazing. No amount of fact will change her mind, nosireebob.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:22:31 PM EDT
[#17]
acctually thinking about it my doc my dentist and my orthodontist are pro gun. every time I go in they talk about when the next season is. I donno how they feel about evil rifles. athough I was suprised when I saw a coworker at a local gunshow a couple weekends ago he never said a word about guns or shooting I see him at the showe carrying around a pistol grip shotgun stoick he just bought I was truly wondering how he could seem like such a fairy at work
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:34:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Got as far as the intro....felt the blood pressure rising again. Started yelling at Morely again... wife came in, slipped in a tape of "Tales of the Gun." Bless her. I feel much better now.
View Quote

ROTFLMAO!

the_reject
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top