Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 11:12:28 AM EDT
For the ones watching the trends better than me

Is it time to  Buy More,  Sell what I have, or
Hold on to what I have and see where it goes?

I really don't have that much to start with but

I'm curious as to what the ones watching the trends think.

Thank you
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#2]
buy buy buy.. its on sale right now
Think 100-150 for when to even think of selling.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:21:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Buy!  Despite what D_A said, the dollar is still  going down the toilet. Despite what that liar Tommy Geitner says, the US is monetizing its debt.  That's how it plans to screw all the debtor nations (and wipe out the middle class in the process ).
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I know my son is considering selling his.

My first thought before was to buy it from him,
if nothing other than to protect his investment

I'm sure I could always be suckered into selling it back to him.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Unless he puts those federal reserve notes in something tangible that will hold value, it is very unwise imo.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm holding but I haven't bought since silver was around $7, I should have done a lot more buying before now.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm holding but I haven't bought since silver was around $7, I should have done a lot more buying before now.

$34 will be considered cheap just as $22, $28, $30 was considered cheap.   Its two bucks below the high, BTFD, NOW.  Worst case it goes down another few dollars. Long term its up up up.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless he puts those federal reserve notes in something tangible that will hold value, it is very unwise imo.

That is what I was thinking.

on a good note a bunch os it he bought when it was
about $12 an ounce so he will at least make something
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Bought ten oz last night.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Buy weakness, sell strength.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yes BTFD.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:47:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks all

Time to go home and check how much spare money I can spend
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Holding simply because I don't have the money...  
I still cry when I look at Silver Wheaton (SLW)...  had managed to buy 100 shares during college at $15/share.  Had to sell at $20 or so to pay bills...  It's around $40/share now.  FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#15]
sold some, still got some.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#16]
If i was looking to buy some silver for the first time, what form is it best to buy in.....coins, bullion, stocks, certificates or what?

I am thinking of a 10,000ish investment

What say my fellow arfcommers?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Hold or sell.  I bought at the $5.xx level.  Todays levels are historic highs and are unsustainable.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If i was looking to buy some silver for the first time, what form is it best to buy in.....coins, bullion, stocks, certificates or what?

Hard metal you can hold in your hand.

at $10,000 I would put some in bigger bars (for ease of storage)
and then break up the rest in smaller forms (easier to sell anywhere)
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes BTFD.

Just BTMFD's

TXL
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:09:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I would assume that the only feasible way to buy real metal is to do it locally? Is there any other safe way or do you have any recomendations for reputable firms?

Thanks

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I would be buying, consider this an opportunity to buy more.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Hold or sell.  I bought at the $5.xx level.  Todays levels are historic highs and are unsustainable.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/Eyesofsilver/ag85-pres-1.gif

The dollar is inflating.  Silver dips will be bought with a vengence never before seen.  The current lows/highs are not sustainable, they will go up.   The dollar is not the dollar of the 1980's and this is not the Hunt Brothers driving up the price.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I would assume that the only feasible way to buy real metal is to do it locally? Is there any other safe way or do you have any recomendations for reputable firms?
Thanks

apmex.com or gainesvillecoins.com  you can buy bullion and they will ship it to you for around $30 more or less.  apmex more selection gainesville lower per item price if you wire.
a very good and so far very accurate blog for day to day(plus long) silver  
http://tfmetalsreport.blogspot.com/

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

apmex.com or gainesvillecoins.com  you can buy bullion and they will ship it to you for around $30 more or less.
a very good and so far very accurate blog for day to day silver  

http://tfmetalsreport.blogspot.com/

diversmith....one thing you should know is that it can be expensive to take possesion of large quantities of precious metals.  They need to be assayed and it will cost you money to have that done.  My recommendation with a large investment would be to break it up in different types, paper precious metals like the GLD and SLV, as well as some actual 'hold  in your hand' metal.  Good luck.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The dollar is inflating.  Silver dips will be bought with a vengence never before seen.  The current lows/highs are not sustainable, they will go up.   The dollar is not the dollar of the 1980's and this is not the Hunt Brothers driving up the price.

Concur.  With Greenspan's failure to slow down the boom and Bernanke's unleashing of the printing presses, the dollar continues its downward slide and will not be the world's reserve currency much longer.  When holders of foreign debt cash in, our dollars come home and hyper-inflate.  Thank you Fed-Reserve for f*cking over middle class America.  Thank you Congress and getting rid of the Glass-Stevens act which used to prevent the wild speculation by Wall Street that got us into this mess.  Thank you Republicrap and Demoncraps for being one party with two faces and misleading we the people into thinking we've got a choice.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Concur.  With Greenspan's failure to slow down the boom and Bernanke's unleashing of the printing presses, the dollar continues its downward slide and will not be the world's reserve currency much longer.  When holders of foreign debt cash in, our dollars come home and hyper-inflate.  Thank you Fed-Reserve for f*cking over middle class America.  Thank you Congress and getting rid of the Glass-Stevens act which used to prevent the wild speculation by Wall Street that got us into this mess.  Thank you Republicrap and Demoncraps for being one party with two faces and misleading we the people into thinking we've got a choice.

Spread the word, the sheep are gonna get sheared and if you haven't divested out of the dollar into something else you are gonna be one of them.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:45:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I bought about $16,000 worth of silver 2 years ago.

I'm still holding.  Hell' I might hold until I retire.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:45:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Buy and HOLD!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top