Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2011 3:31:19 AM EDT
Hello, Im doing an essay on why the AK-47 is better than the M4 and vice versa...Does anyone have any websites, news articles, or gun manufacturers that could help in my research?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#1]
the essay is a persuasive essay!!!  Thank You!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
This'll probably get moved.  

But I would say try to find some mainstream sources to make the essay digestible by your, likely anti-gun, teacher.  Like 60 Mintues or Dateline, some source from one of the big networks or news agencies.  I know there has been articles or news peices about the M16's supposed problems w/ jamming in battle.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.mouseguns.com/compare.htm

This tells you everything you need to know.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
How about doing a comparison with another .30 caliber rifle in that .30 caliber class...like the M14 just as reliable and way more range and power...M16 just as reliable as long as you lube it will run filthy.But in the same .30 cal class M14 puts the AK to shame.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:01:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Hear, hear !
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#7]
You should definitely look at "The Gun" by CJ Chivers.  This book won a Pulitzer prize last year, is very main stream and all the rage on the intellectual circuit.  Your teacher will probably eat it up.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:48:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Stephen Hunter did an essay comparing the M-16 and AK-47 several years ago.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:53:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Is this for a class? I would strongly advise you to reconsider. I recall a case about a year ago where a college student, who I believe was a veteran, had a debate in class over gun control. He presented his arguments clearly and respectfully. After class, the professor was so alarmed by his knowledge of firearms she called the police and nearly had his personally owned weapons in his own house off campus confiscated.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:09:14 AM EDT
[#10]
If you think the AK is better than the AR build one of each then get back to me.

If you think the AR is under powered hunt with it and then get back to me.

If you think accuracy is even similar go to the range with both and then get back to me.  (The AR is really exceptional.  It can get close to bolt guns.)

I have both and have done all of the above.  I like AK's especially the ones I built but they are not even close.  Don't believe me.  Fine.  Do the above and get back to me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:18:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I have both and have complete confidence in both. As far as comparison I would say the AK is ugly, loose fitting ,not as user friendly and cheap in design and fires every time no matter what, in spite of it.
The AR looks pretty,modern,user friendly and is more accurate but requires more attention to keep working. The AR is a better gun but requires someone who knows how and when to clean and repair it to keep the better gun status. The AK is better for someone to have if they have no time or knowledge of upkeep and want a less accurate less user friendly rifle that needs no maintainance.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:56:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

the essay is a persuasive essay!!! Thank You!!!

What's your thesis statement?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top