Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 9:36:01 PM EDT
I got my first HDTV this weekend, its just a Vizio 32" 720P, but it looks a helluva lot better than my broke dick 11yr old tv.  

I also got a Vizio Bluray player that upscales dvds, and I'm watching the remastered wide screen Lonesome Dove and its amazing.

My first bluray disc purchase was Heat, btw.  I figured that was the only way to get Arfcom approval.   The 47" Vizio will be joining the family next month.  Also, can NOT wait for the LOTR blurays coming out this year.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been wanting a flat'ish fancy TV for a long time now but other stuff always comes up.
Car bills, savings & now I've fell in love with this straight razor so I've gotta get a fancy brush etc.

I've had a Xbox 360 for so long & I can't really appreciate the picture that I hear it can get. I'm eager to see "red dead redemption" in HD.

One thing I can't understand is why sometimes certain cheaper TVs they have on display at the the store have a better picture than the high dollar ones.

Like sometimes the 32" 720p looks better than a 52" 1080p but not always. It really confuses me when I'm trying to shop.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I am also into old school shaving, and I'll tell you this.  Both my barber, and my paternal grandfather, whom I never met but barbered for many many years, both said that not even barbers shave themselves with a straight razor.  

Badger and Blade is the arfcom of shaving, go there at your own peril.

Also, the tv I got is about $300 shipped off amazon, I paid $350 at walmart because I wanted it right then.  I love it, its going to be the office tv once I get the money set aside for the 47".
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:05:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a 1080p Panasonic Plasma instead of the 47in Vizio. You can thank me later.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I am also into old school shaving, and I'll tell you this.  Both my barber, and my paternal grandfather, whom I never met but barbered for many many years, both said that not even barbers shave themselves with a straight razor.  

Badger and Blade is the arfcom of shaving, go there at your own peril.

Then apparently I'm gutsy/stupid because I shave more than my face with it.

Also, the tv I got is about $300 shipped off amazon, I paid $350 at walmart because I wanted it right then. I love it, its going to be the office tv once I get the money set aside for the 47".

My fear with ordering a big purchase like that over the web, is that if something breaks in it, I'm screwed as far as a warranty would go.
And I've seen an awful lot of people return those TV's at Walmart.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought I was the last person in the U.S. to get a flat screen.

42" Vizio LED.

I don't have a blu-ray player though, and still have a VHS machine.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Its not dying I'm talking about, its living (with an awesome TV).
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:28:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Its not dying I'm talking about, its living (with an awesome TV).

"Dust to dust. Lets the rest of us go on to Montana."

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:30:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate rude behavior in a man.. Won't tolerate it..
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Your DVD player does upscale, but it's still not truly HD.

Get a real HD player and it's like looking out a window, except you're looking at Jennifer Anniston's nipples instead of your neighbor's ratty aluminum siding.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Your DVD player does upscale, but it's still not truly HD.

Get a real HD player and it's like looking out a window, except you're looking at Jennifer Anniston's nipples instead of your neighbor's ratty aluminum siding.

And what movie is THAT?!  I'd like to rent that ricky fuckin tick...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top