Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/15/2011 7:16:53 PM EDT
I'm so fucking tired of the OH NOES RAY DEE AY SHUN bullshit from the Japanese reactor and the wet their pants crowd.

If you want to worry about fallout and radiation worry about the 100+ nuclear detonations that have taken place right here inside out borders, or the 2000+ detonations that have taken place world wide. That reactor on the other side of the world poses less risk than your garden hose laying in your yard.

Calm....the fuck....down people. It'll be ok.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Killjoy!

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Killjoy!

Yeah, kind of.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The hissy fits & "Oh Teh Noez!" on the news will go on until the next hysteria. Wash & repeat.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not worried, I'm still in my Y2K bunker.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Do you have any KI?

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What color is the Mac and cheese in a 12 year old MRE?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:24:22 PM EDT
[#7]
WHAT!!!?

Hang on.  I'm going to go eat a box of salt, just to be safe.  Is Kosher salt okay?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:24:53 PM EDT
[#8]
But it gives people something to worry about!!!! Sells newspapers!!!! Makes them tune in to a TV station!!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you want to worry about fallout and radiation worry about the 100+ nuclear detonations that have taken place right here inside out borders, or the 2000+ detonations that have taken place world wide. That reactor on the other side of the world poses less risk than your garden hose laying in your yard.

Tell me, how much effect do you figure all of those blasts had on the US cancer rates, which seem to have spiraled up in the last 50 or so years?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have any KI?  

Dude....All good bunkers are lead lined. Does Logan look like the kind of sackless half ass twit who would build a half assed bunker? Fuck no. Logan is a balls of steel stiff spined son of a bitch who does shit right. He dont need no damn KI, he has walls of lead and balls of steel. Fucker eats DU for goddamn breakfast man......
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tell me, how much effect do you figure all of those blasts had on the US cancer rates, which seem to have spiraled up in the last 50 or so years?

I dunno, have you taken a calibrated counter out and walked around to see how much radioactivity is in, say, your front yard?

I'm surprised your shoes dont glow.....

It is an interesting question though. I just add it on to all the other shit that gives me cancer....Smog, smoking, chemicals, fertilizers, chemtrails, Halliburton Cancer Machine.....
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#12]
That damn garden hose is dangerous.  I've almost broken my neck tripping over the damn thing.

The drama is only going to get worse, it's only the middle of the hysteria cycle.  They need at least 7-8 days to make it a REAL panic.

I'm going fishing. I suggest you do to.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm so fucking tired of the OH NOES RAY DEE AY SHUN bullshit from the Japanese reactor and the wet their pants crowd.

I'm sure all the down-winder cancer victims in Utah are well aware of those.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#15]
That reactor on the other side of the world poses less risk than your garden hose laying in your yard

Not to the Japanese......
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:29:17 PM EDT
[#16]
You're ruining my potassium iodine sales d*mmit.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the upward trend in obesity.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Watch this

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That reactor on the other side of the world poses less risk than your garden hose laying in your yard

Oh fuck. I must have failed geography. You mean....we're....iIN JAPAN!!!!

WE'RE FUCKED!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#20]
At least Charley Sheethead isn't the main topic of discussion anymore!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:32:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the upward trend in obesity.  

True, he is also ignoring the fact that countries that never did any nuclear testing have cancer rates that match or are higher than ours.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Please take a look at this thread.  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=931370
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#23]

Thats kind of sad really.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#24]
No one seems to remember, George Washington was _made_ of radiation.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I think a nuclear blast is probably a lot cleaner than a pile of uranium that's melting down and exposed to the atmosphere.  Dilution is the solution or something like that
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#27]
And we stopped above ground nuclear tests in '63 because of ambient radiation levels...
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Exactly what do you qualify as a "nuclear detonation" and how does that differ from a nuclear reactor meltdown? Wait, never mind, you obviously don't know what you're talking about so you can't  have an intelligent answer.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Although I agree with the point you're attempting to make, nuclear detonations aren't exactly comparable to the meltdown of nuclear reactors.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Although I agree with the point you're attempting to make, nuclear detonations aren't exactly comparable to the meltdown of nuclear reactors.

Nothing has "melted down" as of yet.  All reactor pressure vessels are intact.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
And we stopped above ground nuclear tests in '63 because of ambient radiation levels...

Actually, we stopped them because of politics.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh fuck. I must have failed geography. You mean....we're....iIN JAPAN!!!!

WE'RE FUCKED!!

We trade a lot with Japan in case you haven't noticed.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Really? Are you on site? I ask because from what I understand is no one knows for sure the extent of damage. It would be really great that an arfcommer in TX is now the foremost authority on what's going on.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really? Are you on site? I ask because from what I understand is no one knows for sure the extent of damage. It would be really great that an arfcommer in TX is now the foremost authority on what's going on.

Keith is the foremost expert on everything, smartass.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Exactly what do you qualify as a "nuclear detonation" and how does that
differ from a nuclear reactor meltdown? Wait, never mind, you obviously
don't know what you're talking about so you can't  have an intelligent
answer.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Calm down cupcake.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:11:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

The US Army tried to blow Nevada to kingdom come ... there are still areas off limits 70 years later.

Those damned mutants are kind of pesky, too.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Decaf is your friend.  Barring that, why not get some exercise and start filling sandbags for a radiation shelter?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#39]
I guess I'm cool with the mis-information if everyone else is.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:40:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I guess I'm cool with the mis-information if everyone else is.

I'd prefer that you educate yourself and stop spreading misinformation.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Soooo....., my garden hose is radioactive now?  More radioactive than Japan?!?!  OMG!!!! WEALLGONNADIE!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That reactor on the other side of the world poses less risk than your garden hose laying in your yard.

My garden hose is quite vicious and will go on a violent rampage at the drop of a hat.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, really.  I know a bit more than the media who are milking this incident for ratings.  

The slightly enriched 235U fuel pellets are loaded into zirconium tubes which protect the boiling water from contamination.  When the water in the vessel boils off, leaving the tubes exposed to just steam, the cooling rate drops and could cause tube failure IF THE CONTROL RODS WERE NOT INSERTED.  But all reactors have been scramed, meaning full control rod insertion.

The residual heat is from spontaneous fission of daughter products, these reactions are independent of neutron capture and exponentially decrease from about 7% of maximum thermal output (assuming the scram happened at maximum thermal) to 1% over 8 days.  Exponential, remember.  The worst is OVER.

Now, with falling water levels in the vessels, the tops of the fuel tubes are exposed.  And the temperature can rise to the point where steam is split into hydrogen and oxygen.  But this process is also endothermic, COOLING THE TUBES.  All those explosions?  From hydrogen.

Furthermore, IF the tops of the fuel rods were to decompose from the heat and steam effects, the fuel would only fall to the lower level of water, it would not be able to melt anything, including itself.  There isn't enough heat production to melt the zirconium alloy tubes or the mixed oxide fuel in a scramed reactor core.  There will be no elephant's foot like what happened in Chernobyl in 1986 because there are multiple layers in the bottom of the reactor vessel to resist this.  And the bottom of the reactor is the last place to run dry.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, really.  I know a bit more than the media who are milking this incident for ratings.  

The slightly enriched 235U fuel pellets are loaded into zirconium tubes which protect the boiling water from contamination.  When the water in the vessel boils off, leaving the tubes exposed to just steam, the cooling rate drops and could cause tube failure IF THE CONTROL RODS WERE NOT INSERTED.  But all reactors have been scramed, meaning full control rod insertion.

The residual heat is from spontaneous fission of daughter products, these reactions are independent of neutron capture and exponentially decrease from about 7% of maximum thermal output (assuming the scram happened at maximum thermal) to 1% over 8 days.  Exponential, remember.  The worst is OVER.

Now, with falling water levels in the vessels, the tops of the fuel tubes are exposed.  And the temperature can rise to the point where steam is split into hydrogen and oxygen.  But this process is also endothermic, COOLING THE TUBES.  All those explosions?  From hydrogen.

Furthermore, IF the tops of the fuel rods were to decompose from the heat and steam effects, the fuel would only fall to the lower level of water, it would not be able to melt anything, including itself.  There isn't enough heat production to melt the zirconium alloy tubes or the mixed oxide fuel in a scramed reactor core.  There will be no elephant's foot like what happened in Chernobyl in 1986 because there are multiple layers in the bottom of the reactor vessel to resist this.  And the bottom of the reactor is the last place to run dry.

"Crickets"

Conman are you there?

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:28:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No way, man! There is going to be a nukular meltdown!!!111!!1!1!11!!!! The Resulting mushroom cloud will traverse the jet stream the 40,000 rad nuckuler fallout will halt the photosynthesis cycle on the entire west coast. WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

the 40,000 rad nuckuler fallout will halt the photosynthesis cycle on the entire west coast. WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.  

Wait, this will affect California wine production...

I am now concerned about this disaster.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No way, man! There is going to be a nukular meltdown!!!111!!1!1!11!!!! The Resulting mushroom cloud will traverse the jet stream the 40,000 rad nuckuler fallout will halt the photosynthesis cycle on the entire west coast. WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE.

Nice job filling in for Conman

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

No one seems to remember, George Washington was _made_ of radiation.
Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

He'll save the children, but not the British children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6eAV91E-8A

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#49]
i lot of those guys who witnessed the mushroom clouds....lived into their 70s.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:45:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top