User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 2:36:59 PM EDT

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Who needs the shelter as long as you have a nice collection of fancy signs
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I want one of those signs for the entrace to the "room"....
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a cool sign, but I don't think I need one, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
OMFG head for the hills !
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#5]
somebody should dredge up the thread from a few years ago, where the guy had gotten his hands on some fallout shelter emergency rations kit and ate the 40 year old tin of crackers...  That shit could be life or death  now!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#6]

tin foil suits are "in" too.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#7]
If the radiation can stay airborne for some 4 or 6,000 miles then I would think all of America is already highly radiated from all the testing right here in Nevada.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If the radiation can stay airborne for some 4 or 6,000 miles then I would think all of America is already highly radiated from all the testing right here in Nevada.

please don't bring common sense into the discussion

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

tin foil bubble wrap suits are "in" too.

FIFY!

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:00:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
somebody should dredge up the thread from a few years ago, where the guy had gotten his hands on some fallout shelter emergency rations kit and ate the 40 year old tin of crackers...  That shit could be life or death  now!!

I know where a whole truckload of those things are still located in an abandoned uranium mine complex.  Still intact in their original tins and cardboard boxes, circa 1961. The whole place is like a filming location for The Hills Have Eyes.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know where a whole truckload of those things are still located in an abandoned uranium mine complex.  Still intact in their original tins and cardboard boxes, circa 1961. The whole place is like a filming location for The Hills Have Eyes.

Arfcom group vacation?  Hills have eyes people optional?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Look at the bright side.  You can toss a bag of microwave popcorn on your roof and have buttered PopSecret without using any electricity.  It's economical.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#13]

LOL. Don't get those panties in a bunch.

You'd probably be better off knowing if that X-Ray/MRI, machine actually got a cert from anyone who gave a shit!

you do know some don't really give a shit on those machines? LOL!

I'm sure that's someone on this boards job that will say - NO-WAY!  Up your butt!

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#14]
People east of the Rockies had apparently better start looking for these:

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You'd probably be better off knowing if that X-Ray/MRI, machine actually got a cert from anyone who gave a shit!

I'm sure that's someone on this boards job that will say - NO-WAY!  Up your butt!

WAT?

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:14:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

WAT?

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj422/PaintItBlack_AR/kcfool.jpg

Dang! that's the fella at the cleveland clinic!

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:14:47 PM EDT
[#17]
We have a fall out shelter under my high school because it was built in the 1960's capacity for like 200-500 people or so. A couple of years ago some kids stole the football coaches keys and spray painted their initials down in there. Well its under the science class room and the smell drifted up and they got talked to by the leos about vandalism. They also had no wiggle room as their names were on the wall and they were dissapeared for a certain portion of the day.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#18]
There have been a couple significant "nuclear incidents" in Japan before. And everybody was fine here.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Shittt. I need one of those for my ACTUAL bomb shelter in (under) my backyard...... In California
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I have one of those signs in my armory/storm shelter room; they're pretty cool.

But I don't think the West Coast (or even the people IN JAPAN for that matter) are going to be keeling over from radiation.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
There have been a couple significant "nuclear incidents" in Japan before. And everybody was fine here.

it will be the same this time! Really on this board and today with so many white collar workers it's quite funny.

How would you liked to have welded stainless steel or maganese for 20 years compared to this?

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Men only have to use that sign once a month....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top