Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2002 10:30:10 AM EDT
How old was Mary when she was pregent with Jesus?

I heard an age today in church that I have never heard before.

Whats your educated guess?

Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How old was Mary when she was pregent with Jesus?

I heard an age today in church that I have never heard before.

Whats your educated guess?

View Quote

I dunno, 11?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#2]
In the Jewish culture of that day it was customary for a young girl to be betrothed or engaged at a young age, somewhere in the age range of 13-15 years of age. As you know she was betrothed, but not yet married to Joseph when she was pregnant with the baby Jesus.
No where in scripture is it stated just exactly how old she was, so this is just an educated guess.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Peacher made the comment "If Mary was in today culture (unmarried 14 year old) would she abort Jesus?"

Hummmmmm....
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 2:55:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Peacher made the comment "If Mary was in today culture (unmarried 14 year old) would she abort Jesus?"

Hummmmmm....
View Quote

find another church!!!
this "preacher" of your's has never opened the bible.  much less studied the Gospels.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 2:56:49 PM EDT
[#7]
In our culture if a knocked up 15 year old told her folks and neighbors God made her pregnant the choice would be taken from her. The kid would be forcibly aborted and she would be remanded to a mental hospital or put on psychotropic meds.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#8]
God would be up on Statutory Rape Charges.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hummmmmm....
View Quote
Makes you wonder about the morals of them Roman soliders.........
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 3:58:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought early teens. Worked for my grandmother. My mother waited until she was mid late teens.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:08:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Don't forget that people died young back in those days and they got old very quick.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#12]
God would be under investigation, to find out if he had given speaches at a N.A.D.G.L.A. ( North American Deity Girl Love Association)

Mary would be shown anotomicaly correct dolls and asked just what forms of divine penatration she had endured, in order to provide the elements of the Crime of underaged rape.

Aborted, Hardly, Jesus in this age would have had a far greater chance of being born and surviving his first year of life, than he would have had in his own time. In the world and time Jesus was born into, Nature Aborted 3 out of 5 children, before they saw their first birthday. No, Jesus in this day and age would most likely be born to a single maternal one parent family and his birth would probably be subsidised by a goverment welfare program. Chances are good that if born in this country, Jesus would be Black or Hispanic.

Mary would probably move from Joseph to Tito to Abraham, being betroved to none, but having 2 to 3 more illigitemate saviours, before having her tubes tied at around the age of 28.  State welfare would be the primary father figure in young Jesus's life.

In her later years Mary, would find, that as her looks begin to fade, that her sting of boy friends and her Crank/Crack/Heroin (You pick one) habit, begin to contribute to her getting beat up alot and arrested for Prostitition after offering god a soddomistic sex act in return for enough money to buy a box of Pampers for baby Jesus.

Now I could go on and on about What Mary's life would be like today, but I think you get the picture, that abortion, would have a pretty low chance of being a problem in Mary's life.

No the chances are far greater that she would have the Child...and I'll bet god never paid a dime of child support.

Do you suppose we could go after his licence, you know take away his Holy Deity licence, for non support of a minor dependant child sired by his holy lions?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top