Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2002 9:24:34 AM EDT
Today I am no longer a gun shop owner.  For a list of reasons longer than my arm I am out of the sporting goods business.  The main reason was a split between my business partner and I.  In an auction that lasted 9.5 hours it's all gone.  After months of battling, it's over.  I don't know whether I will ever do it again, for those reasons contact StyerAUG and SportsmanSupply.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 9:39:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear such bad news. I promise if I ever win a lottery, I'll set you back up in business!!  >gg<
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like it's a perfect time to move.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#3]
They say one door closes and another opens for you..there is a good reason for this even if you don't see it yet.  GOOD LUCK
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to hear that 1Gun. But, your still going to be hear to be the forum smartass right?[:D]

J/K 1Gun
[BD]
-T.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#5]
In a fitting end to a terrible partnership that I did 95% of the work, my partner began drinking before noon and by 11 pm the auctioneer through him out.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Well it is over.  Having a partner that disagrees is a royal pain.  Mine left after a year and was generous enough to leave the bills.  At least you won't have to deal with someone that you do not get along.  If you do decide to start again your focus will be what you want.  There is a little freedom in doing it yourself.  Good luck to you and your next challenge.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Dinner at Angelo's is on us!
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#9]
So, when are you moving to TX?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They say one door closes and another opens for you..
View Quote

Very true, however it is the hallway in between the two that kills me!!

Sorry to here the sad news 1Gunrunner.  I never like to here any FFL go outa business.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:38:33 AM EDT
[#11]
It's unfortunate that things turned out the way they have. So now what are you going to do?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#12]
So, does this mean you're going to change your nick to 1FORMERGUNRUNNER?  Seriously, congratulations on getting out of a bad situation.  I've had to get out of a bad small business a couple of times, and it was very hard both times.  You think about how much time you wasted on the business, but instead you should concentrate on how much time you're not wasting in the future.  I know it can be hard to give-up on something, but sometimes that's for the best.  Good luck.z
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:48:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Now I don't have an excuse to make roadtrips North!

Sorry to hear about your problems with the partner and you closing your doors.  My bro-in-law runs his FFL business part time on the side and out of his house.  He generates business word of mouth and networking with friends.  Seems like a good way to make some extra cash and not worry about the major idiots trying to screw you.

Besides, he's had the licence for years and if he gives it up he'll have to pay the larger fees to get it reinstated.

Just another option.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Just what we need, one less FFL holder in America.[:(]
Unfortunately partnerships in business rarely work out.  Almost always one person does all the work.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry to hear it bro. I have a little gold here in Iowa for you if you get out this way.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Originally  don't know whether I will ever do it again, for those reasons contact StyerAUG and SportsmanSupply.  
View Quote

What did SteyrAUG or SportsmansSupply do?
View Quote

I think 1Gun was just referring his business to us.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#19]
1GUNRUNNER,,

you are lucky your partner only drank, i was a partner in a gun shop in Commiefornia many years ago, i too done 90% of the work, but when my partner went to his afternoon regular job on weekends, his wife wud go to the shop & set off the burgler alarm, i always answered the alarm as i lived closer to the shop.....

one day when i was checking behind the shop after the alarm went off i found my partners wife in the back seat of her car ........., NEKKID...!!!! & giving me "come on" crook of her finger........., her ol man busted her because i told him, then our partnership went to hell faster than yours did i'd bet !!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the kind gestures. For what I will be doing, will be taking care of neglect to the rest of my life over the last 3 years.  I have had 2 job offers already one I may not be able to pass up.  I really would like to take some time off but time will tell.  I still might try and sneak to the BRC and will definitely gonna try to make it back to Texas this fall.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top