Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2011 4:46:42 AM EDT
What in the hell is wrong with these stupid fucking drool drenched oxygen thief’s?  I wonder how in the world
these mindless fucking idiots manage to breath let alone drive a vehicle.

While driving back from Michigan for my Great Grandmother’s 100th birthday yesterday the wife and I stopped
at the service plaza in PA to get some grub and fuel.  I go to the pumps and low and behold they have E85 for
$3.16 vs. the $3.65 for unleaded.  It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that my Avalanche can use either
and what one to get.

I pull up; get out swiping my card and no joy.  Please pay inside is on the screen.  I scratch my head and look
at the other regular pumps.  Yeap, you can swipe you card to pay outside.

So off I go across the lot to the register.  The less than brightly lit bulbs running the counter tell me that because
some other drooling gopher fucking ass munches put E85 into vehicles that aren’t set up for it that we have to
ensure that you have the proper vehicle to get it.  “That’s why we make you pay inside.” said the twit who later
couldn’t figure out how to ring up the sale.

I’m sorry, if you aren’t smart enough to recognize the difference between a big yellow and separate pump from
the one giving you three octane level choices, then you shouldn’t be behind the wheel of a tricycle.  Of all the years
driving and having diesel and gas and having them sit just the same way, why in the fuck do I have to go inside to
pay for fuel.  Even the diesel pumps allow you to pay outside when the sit in the same row and the regular gas pumps.

Quit trying to fix stupid.  Let these brainless road kill eating fish fucking shit eaters ruin their engines and hope they
can learn the first time from their stupidity.  If not, keep the mechanics employed.

Someone please post the FUUUUUUUU guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:06:59 AM EDT
[#1]
10/10
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:13:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Yawn.  Here's a better one for you.  In NJ it's illegal to pump your own fuel - the gas stations have to hire people to do it for you.

We purchased one of our CUCV's from a guy in NJ.  Driving back, of course it required fuel.  The dumba$$ mouth-breathing minimum wage high-school dropout working at the pumps tried to put gasoline into a tank very clearly marked DIESEL FUEL ONLY.  Fortunately I caught him before he turned the pump on, or the beatdown would have been epic.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:13:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Response.

Thank you.  I'll buy my gas where they don't think I am an idiot.

TXL
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:15:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Good luck finding that.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:32:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Not to defend anyone because that is ridiculous, but gas and E85 share the same nozzle diameter. Diesel has a bigger nozzle it shouldn't be able to fit into a gas vehicle.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:35:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like an awful lot of rage over a short walk to the counter

ETA: Also have you ever worked in a job that involved direct contact with the general public?

If my station added an E85 pump we'd have at least one genius per hour trying to fill their 1985 Chevy Celebrity because it's posted cheaper
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:37:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The AR15.COM way.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:38:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not sure if this is the right time to point out that E85 has less energy per gallon, and that you'd be better off just filling your truck with regular gas.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:39:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The walk wasn't the issue.  Having to deal with complete idiots and having the insinuation that I couldn't figure out what fuel goes into my vehicle was.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:40:25 AM EDT
[#10]
E85 is only 70% efficient as gas.  With gas @ 3.65, E85 would have to be @ 2.56 for you to break even.  Should have bought the gas, swiped at the pump and enjoyed the rest of your day.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:40:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm not sure if this is the right time to point out that E85 has less energy per gallon, and that you'd be better off just filling your truck with regular gas.

But it's cheaper and he's smarter than they are
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:41:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yawn.  Here's a better one for you.  In NJ it's illegal to pump your own fuel - the gas stations have to hire people to do it for you.

We purchased one of our CUCV's from a guy in NJ.  Driving back, of course it required fuel.  The dumba$$ mouth-breathing minimum wage high-school dropout working at the pumps tried to put gasoline into a tank very clearly marked DIESEL FUEL ONLY.  Fortunately I caught him before he turned the pump on, or the beatdown would have been epic.

That's actually a benefit. Who'd want to get out of their car in Jersey?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:42:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Thanks, you just filled his head with so much fuck, it is now pouring out all over the rest of us.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:43:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

True but I have checked the MPG using both.  I get 17 with E85 and 19 with Regular 87.  At a 50 cent difference in price per gallon I come out better with E85.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:45:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Response.

Thank you.  I'll buy my gas where they don't think I am an idiot.

TXL

How many of your  friends, family and acquaintances work at gas stations?

TRG
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:57:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

True but I have checked the MPG using both.  I get 17 with E85 and 19 with Regular 87.  At a 50 cent difference in price per gallon I come out better with E85.

That, and every time you use ethanol, you can stick the American taxpayer with part of the bill in the form of corn subsidies!  
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:01:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you mileage numbers are accurate, you're saving less than a cent per mile (18.6 cents/mi, vs 19.2 cents/mi).

I'm actually surprised you only took a 2mpg hit on E85, though. You positive your driving conditions and habits were identical in both tests? In most cars, there's a 4mpg hit on mileage...double what you're seeing.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:04:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:04:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeap.  Highway trip to MI last year for deer season.  First tank was regular 85 till almost empty and then filled up with E85 for the second tank and reset the numbers.  Same load and same speeds cruising the highway.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:05:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Blame the lawyers.

Someone likely put E85 in something that can't run it, sued, won, and got a new car and a billion dollars worth of "pain and suffering".

Possibly very true.  I guess just like the warning label on an iron.  Don't iron clothes while wearing them.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:06:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A similarly mouth-breathing bag of Noo Joisee dick-face couldn't figure out how to close the fuel filler door on my 4Runner (bottom hinge had rusted through, you have to pick up on the door a little as you close it).  I got out to do it myself and he actually got pissed off and started yelling at me for getting out of my vehicle.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:11:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yet our gas is still cheaper than yours
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:14:45 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Yeap.  Highway trip to MI last year for deer season.  First tank was regular 85 till almost empty and then filled up with E85 for the second tank and reset the numbers.  Same load and same speeds cruising the highway.

If this is what you filled it with for the test, it makes sense. Your PCM probably backed the ignition timing off.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:34:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Needs moar people in line buying Red Bulls and lottery tickets. Otherwise, outstanding rant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top