Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 4:44:42 AM EDT
Has anyone else seen this show?

Why the hell are they all trying to capture these things alive? especially a 400lb one on a large farm in Texas? Just shoot the damn thing and then eat some fresh bacon and pork chops to celebrate!

There was a comment on last nights show where the hogs were going to feed the community. Why risk your life trying to catch the thing alive when he is just going to end dead and food any way?

Also to the rancher who was out hunting coons and got charged by a hog and treed shoot the fucker! You are the one with the gun!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:54:36 AM EDT
[#1]
We caught part of that show last night, my wife even wondered why they didn't shoot them.  I guess America isn't ready for "Catch it, Kill it, Cook it and Eat it".
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:00:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Has anyone else seen this show?

Yes, it's full of false facts and made up drama, not to mention they claim the hogs weigh about 100lbs more than they really do

Why the hell are they all trying to capture these things alive? especially a 400lb one on a large farm in Texas? Just shoot the damn thing and then eat some fresh bacon and pork chops to celebrate!

Do you know how much fun it would be to catch a 400lb hog alive? That's why I would do it.

There was a comment on last nights show where the hogs were going to feed the community. Why risk your life trying to catch the thing alive when he is just going to end dead and food any way?

Ask yourself, how many people would watch the show if they just walked up and shot every hog? The show is about drama, not reality.

Also to the rancher who was out hunting coons and got charged by a hog and treed shoot the fucker! You are the one with the gun!

That makes for shitty TV

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:21:12 AM EDT
[#3]
first and second post nailed it.  seems like every show on tv nowadays is like this.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:26:08 AM EDT
[#4]
They catch them live cause you get good money for them.  The high fence game farms pay well for hogs in good condition, then they turn around and charge city slickers 10 times what they paid so the city boys can "hunt" a wild hog.
My nephew makes good money catching them and selling to a ranch in Texas.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:35:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw it.  It's pretty apparent that some of them have no idea what they are doing.  The female from the crew down in Texas (L3 I think they called it) being one of them.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:48:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They catch them live cause you get good money for them.  The high fence game farms pay well for hogs in good condition, then they turn around and charge city slickers 10 times what they paid so the city boys can "hunt" a wild hog.
My nephew makes good money catching them and selling to a ranch in Texas.

We sell the ones we trap and the big ones can be worth $1/lb or more.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top