Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2011 6:50:43 PM EDT
and you get into an accident that is your fault, there should be jail time for your sorry ass.

if you produce a fake insurance card, double the jail time for your cock sucking cheap ass motherfucker worthless leach ass.

fucking assholes.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
and you get into an accident that is your fault, there should be jail time for your sorry ass.

What if they pay to fix the damage?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

fuck'em. if they can pay for the damage after fact, then they can pay for insurance.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

fuck'em. if they can pay for the damage after fact, then they can pay for insurance.

Most excellent point!
Medical would wipe 'em out.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:09:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What exactly is the difference if the damage is actually paid?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sooner or later that money will probably run out, and what are the chances that people have that much money lying around?

However, I agree.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:12:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

if you produce a fake insurance card, double the jail time for your cock sucking cheap ass motherfucker worthless leach ass.

fucking assholes.

Folks from "parts further south"?

Around here they get a pass a lot of times (no jail, no car towed, no ticket).

If I did the same thing, my license would be suspended, car impounded and possibly a ride downtown.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:15:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds great. But in real life, people who aren't responsible enough to carry the required insurance probably aren't going to pay the damages either. I'm with the OP...fuck 'em!

I had a lady back into me in a parking lot. She provided false proof of insurance. Today I can only hope she finds herself infested with a thousand fleas from stray dog suffering from the mange. Cunt.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I can agree with that. You got hit?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Alot of people have to make the choice of either paying for insurance, (very high in their case) or putting food on the table or paying the rent.
Now for the other folks who choose not to have insurance, yeah I would like to see them hammered.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I can agree with that. You got hit?

i was t-boned a couple of years ago by a non res alien that provided a fake insurance card, but my friend was recently rear ended by a fellow that had no insurance.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

fucking assholes.

LOL u mad.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Alot of people have to make the choice of either paying for insurance, (very high in their case) or putting food on the table or paying the rent.
Now for the other folks who choose not to have insurance, yeah I would like to see them hammered.

if their insurance is high, and possibly because of "poor life choices", then fuck them and their :"food on the table and rent", ride the bus fucker.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

fucking assholes.

Agreed.

Amazing that someone without insurance, at fault in an accident, is cited and then allowed to drive away in the uninsured vehicle.......

Boggles the mind.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

fucking assholes.

I had a guy hit me and total my car.  He had no insurance.  He also fled the scene and "hid" at a local bar.  The cops knew where he went because witnesses saw him go there and of course he was a little tipsy but he had bought alcohol between the wreck and when the cops finally caught up to him.  Said he went there to call the cops (pre-cell phone days).  Of course my car was in a guy's front yard and he had called the police.

Long story short I don't think he was charged with anything significant and I'm sure that was a pleaded down so he got probation.  Meanwhile my insurance covered my vehicle and the fence I was pushed into.  You can't bleed a rock.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:27:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds great. But in real life, people who aren't responsible enough to carry the required insurance probably aren't going to pay the damages either. I'm with the OP...fuck 'em!

I had a lady back into me in a parking lot. She provided false proof of insurance. Today I can only hope she finds herself infested with a thousand fleas from stray dog suffering from the mange. Cunt.

There was a time(1996ish) in Idaho when securing a bond for $50K (IIRC) and providing a copy to the county clerk/insurance commision was an alternative to having liability insurance through an insurance company.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Akin to offering to pay for the item you just shoplifted to avoid arrest.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Insurance companies wouldn't pay squat if there weren't 20 other folks that will never file a claim paying premiums.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#18]
My Grandpa tapped the rear of a car load of "south of the border" types.

They had no taillights, he hit the bumper at about 5 mph, no damage to either vehicle.

Driver of the other car, no license, no insurance, no work visa, somebody else's car. Same with the other 5 in the car.

They got to ride off. Grandpa gets charged with the rear end, and then sued by all the people from the other car, and lost all counts in court.

I have to pay extra uninsured and under insured here, too. Fuck the whole fucking system. FUBHO, too.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really,as insurance is there to pay for damages you are responsible for, after the fact. If the point of making insurance mandatory is to make sure that people are reimbursed for damages, then what exactly is the difffence IF the damages are paid? The only reason insurance is legally mandatory is to make sure people pay for their mistakes.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:37:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Had a son of a bitch back up into my car and crumple my driver's side door about eight years ago one Saturday night in a parking lot, while I was driving slowly past him with the right of way.

I stopped and prepared to get out and exchange insurance information with him and make a police report, when sure enough, he looks behind him (which he should have done in the first place but didn't), sees what he did, and HAULS ASS, fleeing the scene.

I got on my cel and called the police while attempting to follow him a ways to get his license plate number, but he ran a solid red light to get away from me.

I figure the son of a bitch had no insurance and was operating illegally.  I hate that, but there's a ton of it around here.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really,as insurance is there to pay for damages you are responsible for, after the fact. If the point of making insurance mandatory is to make sure that people are reimbursed for damages, then what exactly is the difffence IF the damages are paid? The only reason insurance is legally mandatory is to make sure people pay for their mistakes.

The facts are, it is illegal to drive without insurance.
It is illegal because without requiring it, most folks will play the lotto and leave the rest of us holding the tab.

As proven by the fact that a few years liability insurance in AL was optional.

The rates were sky high for those who chose to pay.

As stated before, most uninsured drivers don't end up paying squat.

Unless the guy coughs up the KNOWN damages on the spot, plus a good chunk to cover possible damages and injuries that may show up weeks or months later, there is no way to ensure the full damages are paid other that a stable, traceable, third party responsible for reimbursement.

Most folks will never see a cent.

Morally, your agument may have some merit.

Realistically.....

I am reminded of the guy who offered to pay the fire dept fee to cover service in an adjacent, unincorporated area, WHILE his house was burning down.

Everyone has a choice, choices have consequences.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:43:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
[The facts are, it is illegal to drive without insurance.
It is illegal because without requiring it, most folks will play the lotto and leave the rest of us holding the tab.

As proven by the fact that a few years liability insurance in AL was optional.

The rates were sky high for those who chose to pay.

As stated before, most uninsured drivers don't end up paying squat.

Unless the guy coughs up the KNOWN damages on the spot, plus a good chunk to cover possible damages and injuries that may show up weeks or months later, there is no way to ensure the full damages are paid other that a stable, traceable, third party responsible for reimbursement.

Most folks will never see a cent.

Morally, your agument may have some merit.

Realistically.....

Don't get me wrong here, most people are piles of shit when it comes to being responsible for more then $5.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Why can't people just get insurance? It's the law. Just do it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

My Grandpa tapped the rear of a car load of "south of the border" types.

They had no taillights, he hit the bumper at about 5 mph, no damage to either vehicle.

Driver of the other car, no license, no insurance, no work visa, somebody else's car. Same with the other 5 in the car.

They got to ride off. Grandpa gets charged with the rear end, and then sued by all the people from the other car, and lost all counts in court.

I have to pay extra uninsured and under insured here, too. Fuck the whole fucking system. FUBHO, too.

Old roommate was involved in a multicar pileup on a rainy freeway.

The cause was a van full of illegals who had no lights and no wipers. They stopped in the fast lane of the freeway, put the van in park and shut the engine off. No license, no insurance, no papers, nada. No visible injuries, but lots of whiplash and back injuries.

Carnage ensued. The occupants of the van sued all 4 cars that hit them (including my roommate) and got quite a large settlement.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#25]
In our state its the fucking illegals that carry no insurance. They hit you and then they take off while plowing into more cars while they make their get away.
Its funny how the media ignores this shit.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#26]
And what about the people that have insurance companies that won't pay?  I'm currently dealing with that with USAA.  Everyone I've talked to that has USAA says positive things about the way they protect their members, but at some point "protecting their member" turns into "screwing the victim."  I'm currently dealing with the hassle of trying to find an honest lawyer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#27]
It's all fun blaming the "others" until BIG BROTHER starts micro managing you about YOUR papers.

Case in Point....   I am SO pissed right now!

I have a car that I'm in the process of refurbishing for my teen age daughter. It is not being driven, as it is in the garage up on jackstands with the engine disassembled.

I start thinking that I'm going to have it done pretty soon, so I ought to shop around for some insurance.

I went to Progressive to get an on line quote. One of the questions is "do your currently have insurance on this car" I answered honestly "no" (since I've been working on it for months I didn't see the point in paying for something I couldn't use)

I just got a nasty letter from the Government of the State of Texas from the TexasSure Vehicle Insurance Verification department saying that they can't find a currently policy for me with this car, so I need to contact TEXASSURE immediately to document why it is that I don't have insurance on this vehicle.   The letter is strongly worded that I'm to "take action" within 10 days.

Those BASTARDS at Progressive evidently routed my "free online quote" through the TEXASSURE computer system just to be sure I'd have to buy a policy (from them) pronto.

I don't drive the car (impossible since it is under repair for several months) but having Big Brother .GOV snooping on me because Big Brother at Progressive has "snitched" me out to TEXASSURE (that I don't currently have insurance on this vehicle) is pissing me off completely.

Why should I have to waste my time contacting this strong arm .GOV perversion of Big Business with Big Brother Government to "straighten up" my records?  Do I have to hide every night just waiting for Jackboots to kick my door (after shooting the dog )

What a F.U.B.A.R. world this is.

P.S. - Hey Flo - KISS MY A$$!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

fucking assholes.

Folks from "parts further south"?

Around here they get a pass a lot of times (no jail, no car towed, no ticket).

If I did the same thing, my license would be suspended, car impounded and possibly a ride downtown.

Oddly enough, I've been hit twice. Once by a guy from parts further south and once by your typical DC resident on her way to work at Target while yakking on her cell phone.

The South of the Border type had full insurance coverage. State Farm. Easily handled with no problems.

The DC resident (20 year old fmr single mom) handed me a card for a policy she'd canceled about the same time she got the card. Fucking bitch. Cost me $250 out of pocked. GEICO was good about the medical and all that since the wife and I had to go to the ER for neck pain. At the scene she tried to claim I'd slammed on my brakes (so what even if I had) which was BS since I watched her stupid ass in the rear view coming down I-295 right into my back while I was sitting in traffic.
On the plus side, GEICO tells me they're still going after her and put her in collections. Her stupidity is probably a direct correlation to why her infant son died too. At least that temporarily breaks that genetic line.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:34:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Shame for the baby child to have such a stupid mother but there are lots of dumb ass parents- quite the majority it seems.
Best reason to have uninsured motorist insurance- You paid more than the $250 for the coverage-
Let 2-3 more people hit ya and see what happens- you will lose your own coverage- sucks don't it???
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a time(1996ish) in Idaho when securing a bond for $50K (IIRC) and providing a copy to the county clerk/insurance commision was an alternative to having liability insurance through an insurance company.

This was Valentines's Day 2011 in Arkansas. I still say she's a cunt.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top