Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/14/2011 2:44:00 PM EDT

Japan is a strategic ally. They are our crucial foothold in the east. What is he doing to help?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Not getting involved.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#2]
He is doing what he always does in time of crisis.

Hit the golf course.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#3]
He doesn't care about Japanese people.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Loaned them a teleprompter?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]

""The United States will continue to offer any assistance we can as Japan recovers from multiple disasters and we will stand with the people of Japan in the difficult days ahead," Mr. Obama said.

In all about 50,000 American service members are helping however they can.

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has dispatched two of its top experts as the Japanese struggle to contain the reactor crisis that escalated throughout the weekend."

This says that U.S. Ambassador to Japan John Roos 'has emerged as the president's man on the ground':

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hit the golf course.

I heard that too...well, is his game getting any better?

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:48:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:49:03 PM EDT
[#8]
DOD forces in JP are mobilized for lift capacity/relief efforts

DOD in So Korea are inbound with rice/bread/etc

2 aircraft carriers - 1 was docked in JP/other was in SK

DOE or NRC nuke guys inbound

Numerous local agencies have sent SAR teams

45 countries have committed resources as of Sun morning.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#9]
He says our relationship is unshakable, and needed supplies will be flooding in soon.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, I know he has said a little. Token assurances and platitudes. What has he done?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:52:52 PM EDT
[#11]
what he does best...nothing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Japan is a strategic ally. They are our crucial foothold in the east. What is he doing to help?

What do you want him to do?

A) Interfere with the Japanese authorities on the ground while engineering a photo op?
B) Give a stern lecture to the reactors on how they need to be more civic minded?
C) Print even more US currency in order to save 'their' economy at the detriment of ours?
D) All of the above

We should consider the requests that are asked of us, not rush in with a 'FEMA trailer' plan...
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Too bad, he should send them Dave_A and LW303.

They are SUPER SMART and could fix everything in a jiffy!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

He says our relationship is unshakable, and needed supplies will be flooding in soon.

I had a big WTF moment when he said that.  Was that supposed to be a sick joke, or something?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#15]
They are moving a third aircraft carrier to Japan, I think in part to help with the helio lift and just as important to show that we will protect them and pick up the slack  in defense due to the Japanese loosing so many fighter aircraft.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hit the golf course.

I heard that too...well, is his game getting any better?

No, he still swings like a bitch.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Fucking soda EVERYWHERE!@#$!$  ARRRRGGGG!#$!#$  

Serioiusly though, Odumbo could get Bill Ayers to pen a stern warning to the Pacific sea floor not to do that again...

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:02:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

They are moving a third aircraft carrier to Japan, I think in part to help with the helio lift and just as important to show that we will protect them and pick up the slack in defense due to the Japanese loosing so many fighter aircraft.

I've only heard that the Reagan is there, is the Big George coming home?

The other would be LHD-2 Essex, yes?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Staying out of the way.

On the other hand US Military is helping shuttle supplies and evacuations.  And if you might not have noticed, when Japanese airports were closed, the flights in the air were diverted to American Military Bases.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Staying out of the way.[div]

Best thing that douche bag could do !
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Uganda takes priority. Sorry its the CINC priorities and all that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#22]
He did issue a statement saying that our friendship with Japan is "unshakable" .
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:31:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yes, I know he has said a little. Token assurances and platitudes. What has he done?

He sent in a contingency of 1500 Marines to save, preserve and protect a house he once slept in.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Same thing he did during his short time as Senator Obama, and what he's pretty much done on everything thus far, voting "Present".

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Wait... are Japanese people black?

Well then I don't expect his eminence, Barak Obama, really gives a shit.

-3D
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#26]
basketball and golf.  just let him play.  you do NOT want him getting involved with shit that matters.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#27]
he will give them "Ho' poo ando Changee"  
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:51:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Don't forget EXPcustom...you are going to need a big shitty thinker.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Figuring that "Ping" sounds Japanese, Obama decides to play extra rounds of golf as a show of support.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Barack Obama hates Asian people.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Here's a picture from Weather Undeground of an LA County Fire Dept. Search and Rescue squad staging equipment last Friday.   I'd imagine they're in Japan by now.  They have alot of long days ahead of them.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:27:06 PM EDT
[#32]
I hope he does alot with everything we can.  I do not want to see Japan slipping into China's hands over this.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#33]
It doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do.  People here will say it's wrong just because it's Obama.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do.  People here will say it's wrong just because it's Obama.

has he hit the snow cone stand yet?...   usually that comes first, .....well, after a 6 hr round of golf (hacking).
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#35]
He has promised that Michelle will not rouse from her slumber beneath Tokyo Bay and angrily wade through downtown
smashing subway trains, ripping down power lines and demolishing entire buildings with her giant scaly ass.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Figuring that "Ping" sounds Japanese, Obama decides to play extra rounds of golf as a show of support.

Ping doesn't sound Japanese at all. You're thinking of Chinese.

But you're right, he's probably playing golf.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#37]
The United States government is broke, bankrupt.  How much additional money would you like to borrow from the Chinese to give to Japan?  Or, would you prefer to to just print more dollars?  
BTW, the Japanese hold a significant amount of the American debt.  I would like to help but.........
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Did he declare that the earthquake "acted stupidly" yet?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Does attacking other posters make you feel like more of a real man?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:30:01 PM EDT
[#40]
We will do what is needed and then some. I do pray for the good of the Japanese people that in no form or fashion is FEMA involved. That would be the 3rd catastrophe.

1.EARTHQUAKE
2.TSUNAMI
3.FEMA

Like Hurricane Katrina in Louisiana

1.HURRICANE
2.LEVEE BREACHES
3.FEMA
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The United States government is broke, bankrupt.  How much additional money would you like to borrow from the Chinese to give to Japan?  Or, would you prefer to to just print more dollars?  
BTW, the Japanese hold a significant amount of the American debt.  I would like to help but.........

1. Mainland China

Amount of U.S. debt: $891.6 billion

Share of total foreign debt: 20.4%

2. Japan

Amount of U.S. debt: $883.6 billion

Share of total foreign debt: 20.2%

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Would Obama really help someone other than himself?

The way he's helping is by not being President of Japan.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does attacking other posters make you feel like more of a real man?

Posters you say?

What is that expression, birds of a feather?

I was looking at it from the perspective of killing two birds with one stone.

The remaining "poster" left the building shortly after...

Do you miss them, tc?

(I think you do...)
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#44]
The Japanese Prime Minister rejected President Obama's food aid plan yesterday.  Other Japanese officials were quoted saying "What the fuck was he thinking?  We don't need any fried chicken, watermelon, or purple drank."  An unnamed member of the media tried to explain it off saying that Obama only made the overture because he was upset that teleprompter manufacturing cease for at least a year as the biggest factory was destroyed.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

He has promised that Michelle will not rouse from her slumber beneath Tokyo Bay and angrily wade through downtown

smashing subway trains, ripping down power lines and demolishing entire buildings with her giant scaly ass.

....and breath fire that melts bridges and tanks.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The Japanese Prime Minister rejected President Obama's food aid plan yesterday.  Other Japanese officials were quoted saying "What the fuck was he thinking?  We don't need any fried chicken, watermelon, or purple drank."  An unnamed member of the media tried to explain it off saying that Obama only made the overture because he was upset that teleprompter manufacturing cease for at least a year as the biggest factory was destroyed.

http://korkedbats.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/koolaidlarge.jpg

Im really glad I did not have a mouth full of root beer..
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Maybe this effort can be considered payment of a portion of our debt to them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#48]
We are sending an assload of Navy and Marine assets to Japan. Some were already there.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://korkedbats.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/koolaidlarge.jpg

Im really glad I did not have a mouth full of root beer..

damn, you made me want a root beer now.  

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

We are sending an assload of Navy and Marine assets to Japan. Some were already there.

i'm surprised he did.  i figured he would have said it was in bad taste to send them there again after WWII.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top