Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2011 2:42:39 PM EDT
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-03-14/microsoft-said-to-stop-releasing-new-zune-models-as-demand-ebbs.html

Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) will cease introducing new versions of the Zune music and video player because of tepid demand, letting the company shift its focus to other devices, according to a person familiar with the decision.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I saw that earlier. Its not really surprising. I like my zune and still use it but they never caught on, MSFT never really pushed them and thus it never caught much developer attention.

It probably makes more sense for microsoft to focus on windows phone which, of course, has zune functionality anyway.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#2]
They've been releasing new versions?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They've been releasing new versions?

This.

I bought the ORIGINAL and loved it, but never heard anything else after it's release, I ended up selling it, I assumed it lost support.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top