Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2011 12:56:28 PM EDT
Hell no its not for me..  

My Wife wants to go back, and I know thats her first/next step. Her Bday is coming up soon and I thought I could help her in the next step.
Is there one test prep book/course better than others?

thx!

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Kaplan worked well for me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Princeton Review did well for me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I did Kaplan, it would have been great if I actually had the time to do it.  Working full time and taking those classes in the evening did not work well for me.

ETA:  Standardized tests are retarded, they only measure how much a person can memorize in a short amount of time and have nothing to do with actual skill.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]
$450 for prep?

She may be getting houseshoes!

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Also you need to send the school a letter explaining your background and experience.....they may let you opt out of the GMAT.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Princeton Review got me into business school.

And not that you asked, but I went back to school thinking I would actually *learn* something.  The only thing I learned in business school was that it was the single largest waste of my time, money, and effort I could have ever dreamed of.  I imagine (or at least hope) YMMV if you go to Harvard, Kellogg, Columbia, etc.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:45:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Check ebay for the books.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:09:22 PM EDT
[#8]

I just showed up, took it and blew away the rest of my class' scores.

YMMV.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:17:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I did the prep on the CDs back in 1991, they worked fine I was in the 95th percentile scores. I could have walked on to almost any campus I had the money for at the time*.

* which wasn't many campuses
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:19:13 PM EDT
[#10]

I'm taking the GMAT soon, I'm finishing up a bachelors and I want to take it while I'm still fresh out of math classes.

I've got two  prep books, Princeton and another one. Only math though, it's my weak point. I may be shopping for classes though, if the books aren't enough.

Whatever you do, don't give Princeton permission to contact you via email unless you like to be spammed. Just by them, but it's annoying.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I am preparing for the GMAT as well.  I have the Princeton book and the "Official" one put out by GMAC.  They are both good, but the GMAC one has actual questions from previous tests, which is nice.  I'll probably pick up the Kaplan book when I am through with these two.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Check ebay for the books.

FTMFW!

Kaplan & Princeton for $100 total! If I get her both books, no matter what anyone ever says, I wont be the reason she didnt go back!
Maybe she doesnt get the houseshoes after all.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#13]
She only needs the official one from GMAC. I believe it is orange in color. It has questions from old tests and comes with a CD with tests on it.

Don't waste your money with the other ones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top