Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/11/2002 11:49:22 PM EDT

my ex girlfriend just called me out of the blue.

she wants to hang out.

what the fu*k.

should i allow this? or should i actually listen to what my brain is saying for once and stay the hell away.

she really hurt me when we broke up...

but i still miss her.

why must life mix pain with pleasure so seamlessly...

i dunno.

just wondering what you guys would do since you are sober and im not.

Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:51:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Listen to your brain.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#2]
No matter what other people say, I know you'll take her back.  Hey thats life and thats love for most of us.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
You're probably not vindictive enough to maximize the opportunity. Might wanna just let it go.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:54:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:58:36 PM EDT
[#5]
sounds like a bootie call.
are you down for a little "hit & run"?
if the answer is no, then stay far away!
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Boff her.  Then tell her you just want to be friends.

It'll do ya a world of good.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:00:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Depends on which "brain" you want to listen to.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:07:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm no expert. . . will add my two cents:
Depends on why she "wants to hang out" and why she decided, initially, that she didn't.
Trust yourself, and think about why, and for how long, you wanted to be with this woman.  Go from there.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 3:46:52 AM EDT
[#9]
i like what imho said. if her intentions are sincere, there is no need for you to rush things. you could be friendly and polite and even give this some time to develop and determine what her intentions are.

i think you should talk to her in a friendly and polite manner, but not hang out with her until she showed she deserved your company. also, don't bring up anything about the past at this point. there will be time for that in the future if you become close enough friends. any new freindship should be built from scratch..and for the right reasons.

good luck.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:08:32 AM EDT
[#10]
If she really really hurt you when you broke up, this is your chance to really really hurt her back.

Good lord, I really am a bitter little man.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 5:31:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Man, I've experienced this before!

She's contacted you because you're her "fall-back" guy.  Apparently the guy she was messing around with dusted her off and she needs a little security.

But be warned, as soon as she finds someone else, and she will because she'll never stop looking, she'll drop you as quickly as she contacted you.

If you're content playing the patsy every time she feels insecure with herself, then go for it.  But you'll only end up getting burned again.  Believe me.

Personally, what I'd do is tell her anything she wants to hear to get her into bed.  Knock that booty a couple of times and then, when your finished tell her to get the fu-k out.

MIerinMD
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 5:57:06 AM EDT
[#12]
What MIerinMD said. But get pictures
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:09:03 AM EDT
[#13]
A post them so we can see them.   :)

Actually, I had an ex-gf that did this to me.  But, I had moved on in my mind by then.  It had been 2 years since we had talked.  A year after she came back, I got married to a wonderful lady and if the ex could have made it from Texas to Michigan, she was going to be in our wedding.  She and my wife are good friends.

So, my advice is, subtly check out her intent.  If you're the fallback guy as was earlier suggested, get her in the sack and have as much fun as you can while it lasts.  When she dumps you again, you'll be prepared and not hurt.  If she comes back again someday.  Repeat as necessary.  One of these days, she's going to have a guilt complex over how she treated you.  And nothing you could say to her now will come anywhere close to how bad she's going to feel then.  :)

misanthrope747
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:13:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Sober up........
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:15:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Several options:
1.  Be like Jesus, love 'em all.

2.  Run like hell.

3.  Evaluate--Is she good for me??????
   If not, go fondle an ar and release  
   frustration.

4.  Run like hell.

5.  Go slowly:  Give it a week before even      
   thinking about a decison.

6.  Run like hell.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:21:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Make sure she is not pregnant and looking to tag a daddy (translated... a sucker who, although he's not, believes that he's the real father and gets hit with support payments).
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:23:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like she's the kind that wants what she can't have so she gets crazy for a guy who leaves her.  If you do a hit-and-run she's gonna be all over you like stink on sh*t.  This is a power play option.  Consider your next move very carefully.  She's a loser for a partner.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:02:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:13:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

my ex girlfriend just called me out of the blue.

she wants to hang out.

what the fu*k.

should i allow this? or should i actually listen to what my brain is saying for once and stay the hell away.

she really hurt me when we broke up...

but i still miss her.

How long has it been? Did she play "mind games"? Was it love, or lust? You must ask yourself these questions, and then do what your brain tells you.

why must life mix pain with pleasure so seamlessly...

i dunno.

just wondering what you guys would do since you are sober and im not.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#20]
You are being "PREYED UPON".

This is a recurring nightmare.

Do NOT get eaten alive.

The One-Eyed PeniSaurus is quite blind and very dumb.

You'd hate yourself in the morning...[;D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:51:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Bootie call.

Answer the call, then throw her clothes out the window and kick her to the curb.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Do NOT let that woman into your heart.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:02:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Be the bastard I have become.....thread on familiar ground and then dump her.

Either that or just don't invite her over, keep the initiative and don't be the backup for times when SHE feel lonely and hurting. For some reason women(risking painting with a wide brush here) always think they can keep you as a friend after a relationship ends, and suckers as we are we still hope for reconciliation whenever she comes over and end up with multiple fracture of our hearts when she finishes with your finest bottle of wine and leaves.

[i]now does that sound like advise you expected from the forum staff? No, just advice of a guy who has been there, done that and has the T-shirt[/i]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Hit and run buddy, hit and run.  Just consider that a bit of consolation for the pain you went through before.  But don't get serious with her, if it didn't work last time, it probably wasn't meant to be and won't this time.

Bang her and tell her to leave some breakfast on the table and be the hell gone.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Is she HOT? If so do her and get pics and post them in The Lodge!!! hehehehe [:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:34:50 AM EDT
[#26]
bootie call
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Two words....grudge fuck.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:36:20 AM EDT
[#28]
well...you could...go out with her again...while you are out together, stop in by a gun shop....say how much it would mean to you if you could have that beautiful AR hanging on the gun shop wall and that you need some cash..........

...tell her it isn't working out and take your new AR to the range with some friends.[;D]

Just kidding...

If you have to ask if it is a good thing or a  bad thing to go out again with this girl, it's probably a bad thing.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:37:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Get a piece and move on. She's not worth your time.

-T.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:45:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Think with your head,  not your lead.  Bang her and hang her(out to dry)!
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:48:03 AM EDT
[#31]
The main question...

Would you again lick it where others did stick it???
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Now is your time of Retrobution!!
Have her come over - give her the ol'Grudge Fvck.
Make her think all is ok, even start seeing her again, when she gets reattatched to you,
Pull the rug out from her feet this time!

....Yes, I am VERY BITTER! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#33]
The main question...

Would you again lick it where others did stick it???
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#34]

wow guys, i guess this is a touchy subject for a lot of us isnt it.

yea, im sober now, and i know pretty much 98% for sure that i AM some sort of fall back for her.  from what i hear she just broke up with some other poor sucker.

you all have excellent advice, and i can tell many of you have been there/done that.

i really wish i was bitter enough at this girl to bang her and leave her, and i guess part of me is, but im not gonna sink to her level.  she hurt me quite a bit, but since i am not really the vengeful type i think the best revenge i could muster would be to politely blow her off.  maybe someday she will regret her stupidity (yeah, right) and become a better person.

then again there is a good chance that despite all my best efforts she will suck me right back in.  im only human and i dont know if i mentioned it, but she is a little hottie.  holy shit. i dont even want to think about it.  i mean its not like i always have girls like this all over me.  i wish i had the luxury not to need her.

it is the beautiful ones that hurt the most.  i think it is a rule somewhere that the more enjoyable something is, the worse it is for you.  like fast food and gasoline fumes.

oh well

thanks for the support guys

-Spaceman

p.s.- i like the "grudge fuck" idea Tondog. that sounds like fun.

Link Posted: 5/12/2002 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Better than the grudgie, tell her that to prove her devotion to you, you need one of two things.

1.  A new AR15.
2.  A threesome.

Maybe you'll get lucky and get both.  :)

misanthrope747  
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#36]
If you do see her, remember that one of you two will be played by the other.  She will probably come on with your a good friend routine while wearing a low cut shirt, just teasing you.  Followed by other suggestive moves making you want it more and more.  Then she will say she doesn't want to rush into anything until you finally, just turning you into putty in her hands.  Then she will take was she wants and walk all over you in the morning.  But hey, if you like being sloppy seconds everytime she dumps a loser, that's up to you.

I agree with everyone else.  Nail her and kick her to the curb.  Unless of course you could get the sex buddies thing to work.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#37]
"then she says, aw well she wants only me, and I wonder why she sleeps with my friends"

Just a sucker with no self esteem....

Bang her, get pics, to the curb she goes.

wl

Link Posted: 5/12/2002 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#38]
dear brokenhearted,

[b]take her back. have sex. lots of times. take pictures of you and her at it. take pics of her naked. take pics of her giving you head. take more pics. then when she screws you over, post it on the internet. [/b]

with love,

uncle redray
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

wow guys, i guess this is a touchy subject for a lot of us isnt it.

yea, im sober now, and i know pretty much 98% for sure that i AM some sort of fall back for her.  from what i hear she just broke up with some other poor sucker.

you all have excellent advice, and i can tell many of you have been there/done that.

i really wish i was bitter enough at this girl to bang her and leave her, and i guess part of me is, but im not gonna sink to her level.  she hurt me quite a bit, but since i am not really the vengeful type i think the best revenge i could muster would be to politely blow her off.  maybe someday she will regret her stupidity (yeah, right) and become a better person.

then again there is a good chance that despite all my best efforts she will suck me right back in.  im only human and i dont know if i mentioned it, but she is a little hottie.  holy shit. i dont even want to think about it.  i mean its not like i always have girls like this all over me.  i wish i had the luxury not to need her.

it is the beautiful ones that hurt the most.  i think it is a rule somewhere that the more enjoyable something is, the worse it is for you.  like fast food and gasoline fumes.

oh well

thanks for the support guys

-Spaceman

p.s.- i like the "grudge fuck" idea Tondog. that sounds like fun.

View Quote

Thatta boy.
Throw in a few sutble, demeaning rips in your conversation. After you have tactfully blown her off, hang-up.  
Have a beer and & a smile.

[i][b].  im only human and i dont know if i mentioned it, but she is a little hottie.  holy shit. i dont even want to think about it.  [/i][/b]

I'm with ya. Exactly the thoughts which plaque my mind. I hafta go to a dinner party tonight. God, I hope she is not there for she is friends with the host (I introduced them in the past). I should have asked but, I always have to front to people that I am emotionally invinceable.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

the more enjoyable something is, the worse it is for you.  like fast food and gasoline fumes.

View Quote

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:12:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
dear brokenhearted,

[b]take her back. have sex. lots of times. take pictures of you and her at it. take pics of her naked. take pics of her giving you head. take more pics. then when she screws you over, post it on the internet. [/b]

with love,

uncle redray
View Quote

i think you take the cake for bitterness!
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#42]
It looks like you're a few steps ahead of me. I'm still trying to get my ex to move out of my house! I've been a real asshole to her lately and she is finally starting to pack up her shit.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Enough talk. Show us some naked pics of her and we'll decide!
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:41:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
she hurt me quite a bit, but since i am not really the vengeful type i think the best revenge i could muster would be to politely blow her off.  maybe someday she will regret her stupidity (yeah, right) and become a better person.
View Quote

I've done the "polite" blow off before, I regret it everyday!
She deserved to be totally humiliated and emotionally destroyed for how she treated me.
Then to come back and try to do it again....
Man, don't miss out on prime opportunity!
You'll be kicking yourself everyday!
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:44:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It looks like you're a few steps ahead of me. I'm still trying to get my ex to move out of my house! I've been a real asshole to her lately and she is finally starting to pack up her shit.
View Quote

Man, that sucks. I've had to deal with that before....

BTW: Your signature scares me! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#46]
She says she wants to continue to be friends. After she leaves I never want to see or hear from her again!
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:12:49 AM EDT
[#47]
The "Can we still be friends" thing NEVER works!
Why do chicks always want to try that crap?
Guys NEVER try the "still be friends" crap, we know better!
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#48]
geez, the bitterness. What happened to turning the other cheek?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
geez, the bitterness. What happened to turning the other cheek?
View Quote

I've done that before too - now I'm ASSLESS! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The "Can we still be friends" thing NEVER works!
Why do chicks always want to try that crap?
Guys NEVER try the "still be friends" crap, we know better!
View Quote

I gotta throw the bullshit flag down on that one.... my last two ex-boyfriends wanted to do the "let's be friends" thing.  I was the one who said that idea was a no-go.  

In fact, one of them I told, in no uncertain terms, that I never wanted to hear from him again.  He still IM's me from time to time.  Dumb ass. [rolleyes]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top