Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/13/2011 3:29:54 PM EDT
or a 2012.. possibly 500/500 for the numbers for next years 6.4L!!

They are beautiful cars!

anyone else have one? Thoughts on them?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:34:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy it for looks (if you happen to like it).

If you buy it for performance, it will end in tears when a Mustang GT that costs $20K less starts to pull away from you.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:37:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If you buy it for performance, it will end in tears when a Mustang GT that costs $20K less starts to pull away from you.

Agreed.. I have been in love with the challenger/barracuda for a long long time...so #1 is looks.. but I need the sound to go with the looks.  Not looking to race it or anything...just a fun weekend cruiser.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:38:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I think they have a superior ride quality. Smooth, almost floating. People seem to just want to look at the spread sheet for performance. You don't spend all your time in a car racing around. If you're going to drop big coin on a car, you have to be pretty damn comfortable in it.

And in before the Dodge/Chrysler/GM bashing. Ford Credit took the biggest bail out of them all.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#4]
FBO and FGM.  Help Japan and America, buy a toyota.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think they have a superior ride quality. Smooth, almost floating. People seem to just want to look at the spread sheet for performance. You don't spend all your time in a car racing around. If you're going to drop big coin on a car, you have to be pretty damn comfortable in it.

And in before the Dodge/Chrysler/GM bashing. Ford Credit took the biggest bail out of them all.

Agreed.. my buddy has the 2011 se with the 3.6  its really nice.  comfy, great ride, good milage. It is a good daily driver with style.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:03:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Ya sure about that.....?

Ford Credit sold $15.9 billion in commercial paper to the Fed. Article.

$50 billion in total went to GM. Article.

Not to mention GM's $14 billion domestic tax break. Article.

OP, get the Challenger.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:09:05 PM EDT
[#7]
debt = slavery

I wouldn't get a new car unless I could pay cash for it.  Get a used one.

...........and of course, do as I say but not as I do.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

that mustang wont pull on my subaru import that cost the same. and i have half the motor size AND spin two more tires
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:27:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

that mustang wont pull on my subaru import that cost the same. and i have half the motor size AND spin two more tires

I love Subarus too, they are one heck of a rocket ship.  Always wanted a WRX of some sort, but American muscle has more appeal to me.  Ive had some good times doing mountain driving in a buddies forester with close to 400hp.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure buddy.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#11]
and now for some awesomeness...

The sound at :35 is freaking awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIUKi8SNCGw
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:42:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The sound at :35 is freaking awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIUKi8SNCGw

whoever did that tune blows..

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tells you how much I know about performance modded engines lol.. should it not be cutting out?  I have heard that sound many times at drags before and figured it was desirable for whatever they were trying to attain.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure buddy.

A 2009 and newer WRX will do 0-60 in about 4.7 seconds.  It costs under 30K, comparable to the mustang.  What part of what he said is "derp"-worthy, exactly?

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:16:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't recall mentioning the WRX STI in my post.

FWIW, I like both the Subaru and the Mustang.  It would be a hard decision to make, but I'd probably go Subaru for the All Weather capability.

But I'd get the Mustang over either the Challenger or Camaro (its real competition) without a thought.  The Challenger and Camaro are bloated, cut-down sedans, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I do too , but not at that cost and performance
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:22:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They are beautiful cars!

Have you priced them?

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:23:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

They are beautiful cars!

The LX platform (Charger / 300 / Challenger) are extremely overweight! Think 4300+ lb curb weight. A Camaro is already heavy, at 3800 lb. The Mustang is the lightest at 3600 lb or so. The older S197 Mustangs were 3450 lb and already fairly heavy!

The Challenger looks great but it handles poorly.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:29:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Forget the landyacht and get a real sportscar. Get a used vette for the same price.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:31:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Get one Im sure youll have alot of fun with it. I almost got one but ended up with a 5.0 mustang.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:35:41 AM EDT
[#21]
If you do get one put a 100hp shot of NOS on it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:36:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Forget the landyacht and get a real sportscar. Get a used vette for the same price.

My thoughts exactly.

I drove one a few weeks ago, and it handles like my Tahoe.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:40:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Save up a couple more grand and get a GT500.  Much better car with much more potential.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:48:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

My thoughts exactly.

I drove one a few weeks ago, and it handles like my Tahoe.

It weighs almost as much as a Tahoe.

In fact, I'd rather get a Denali and put a blower on it than get a Challenger SRT.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:49:53 AM EDT
[#25]

I love them but I wish they would make a 'Cuda model with the Barracuda styling.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:50:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

In fact, I'd rather get a Denali and put a blower on it than get a Challenger SRT.

You gonna put some bitchin rimz on that ride too, G?

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#27]
I still cant figure out why they dont just make an aluminum 426 for the freaken thing. which is 6.9 or 7.0
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:54:24 AM EDT
[#28]
OP, the challenger looks awesome.  If that is what you want, I am sure that you will get it.  Furthermore, it is more unique than the Mustang.

I'm sure that being a big bore v8, you can make is sound sweet even if it doesn't from the floor.

The ford will spank it, esp after the 5.0 comes back out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

LOL! Big time FAIL!

FMC borrowed money from 3 different banks and now they have nil on their books.

Know WTF your posting before you post it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#30]
I'd rather have a Charger with the same drivetrain and no special emblems.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:57:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You gonna put some bitchin rimz on that ride too, G?

No, I hate low profile tires on trucks.  

People don't appreciate the value of reasonable sidewall height anymore.

16s and a set of Scorpion ATs would be perfect on something like that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tells you how much I know about performance modded engines lol.. should it not be cutting out?  I have heard that sound many times at drags before and figured it was desirable for whatever they were trying to attain.

a computer controlled motor with a good tune will keep a smoother idle instead of the lope or "searching" as we like to call it.
I love the way it sounds. my '74 cuda is a cold natured old woman and when first started will sit there and search like that. has to do with how much gas the car is getting at a idle basicly with the big cam its loading up on gas
mine has to run rich at idle otherwise it runs very lean at high rpm. its a trade off i guess
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:09:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Chrysler just gave a really nice one to Bad Brad for winning the '10 Nationwide series for Penske Racing;

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Ha it's a great looking car, but there's a reason why nobody road races it. Mustangs win all the time in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge. I mean if performance is what you're after, get the Mustang. If not, I'm sure you'll be super happy with the Challenger.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:31:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

a computer controlled motor with a good tune will keep a smoother idle instead of the lope or "searching" as we like to call it.
I love the way it sounds. my '74 cuda is a cold natured old woman and when first started will sit there and search like that. has to do with how much gas the car is getting at a idle basicly with the big cam its loading up on gas
mine has to run rich at idle otherwise it runs very lean at high rpm. its a trade off i guess

Thank you for the explanation!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:33:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
OP, the challenger looks awesome.  If that is what you want, I am sure that you will get it.  Furthermore, it is more unique than the Mustang.

I'm sure that being a big bore v8, you can make is sound sweet even if it doesn't from the floor.

The ford will spank it, esp after the 5.0 comes back out.

lol wut

Check the fender...

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#38]
I love how they look, and they're "fast enough" for those of us who don't do track days.

But FUCK, Chrysler is right proud of the damn things. I can't sink that kind of cash into one, and even the used prices are ridiculous.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are beautiful cars!

They are awesome...I bought a 09 for $42,420 Cash out the door. I had the SRT8 Model with the 6.1 Hemi....Very nice car, rode smooth, great performance..Gave it to the wife in the divorce Jan. 12 2011.....

I paid $329xx. OTD for my loaded auto 5.0 that would eat your x-SRT alive...

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL! Big time FAIL!

FMC borrowed money from 3 different banks and now they have nil on their books.

Know WTF your posting before you post it.

FMC /= Ford Credit.

Corporations know how to hide things. You obvious don't know how to read.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I love how they look, and they're "fast enough" for those of us who don't do track days.

But FUCK, Chrysler is right proud of the damn things. I can't sink that kind of cash into one, and even the used prices are ridiculous.

I think They are the least expensive over 400hp vehicle out there...  There are some 2010 SRT 6.1L challengers with auto out here for mid 30's.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think They are the least expensive over 400hp vehicle out there...  There are some 2010 SRT 6.1L challengers with auto out here for mid 30's.

There are a few. Getting harder to find. This one followed me home:

OP,
I never thought I would stray from the 'Stang stables (81 beater, 88 GT, 97 Cobra).  The SRT8 is a fat girl with a pretty face and pretty good performance.. My gun club is almost 2 hrs away and it is a great cruiser on longer trips.  Very smooth ride. Visibility is pretty good as well (I thought the Camero was terrible).

If you want performance some of the other options mentioned would be better, IMO. All depends on your wants and needs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:34:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The real world does not comport with your statement.  My 6.1 automatic has no problems with run of the mill GTs.  Looking forward to seeing a Boss 302 in the real world.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Love muscle car threads
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:38:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Not the best value for the $, but certainly are still very cool and a good performer..especially the 2011 392.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

They are beautiful cars!

The LX platform (Charger / 300 / Challenger) are extremely overweight! Think 4300+ lb curb weight. A Camaro is already heavy, at 3800 lb. The Mustang is the lightest at 3600 lb or so. The older S197 Mustangs were 3450 lb and already fairly heavy!

The Challenger looks great but it handles poorly.

Have you driven one?  Most of the paper racers cannot push either car to their respective limits.  The Boss 302 on the track looks to be a superlative performer.  The LX based cars on the road will be able to dish out more than enough for anything up to to the GT500.  Doing it with a NA motor.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are beautiful cars!

They are awesome...I bought a 09 for $42,420 Cash out the door. I had the SRT8 Model with the 6.1 Hemi....Very nice car, rode smooth, great performance..Gave it to the wife in the divorce Jan. 12 2011.....

I paid $329xx. OTD for my loaded auto 5.0 that would eat your x-SRT alive...

LOL!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#48]

That blue with the stripes looks awesome. Great choice!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That blue with the stripes looks awesome. Great choice!

I decided to quit telling folks what a great performer the LX cars are with the 6.1.  I have driven a 2011 392ci with a six speed - its A LOT better car than the 6.1.  ChryCo has reconfigured the suspension geometry and as a result can carve an apex better than most drivers can drive.

Anywho - the 5.0 fanboys who think they're gonna roll up on any SRT8 and smoke it are gonna be in for a rude awakening
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Chrysler just gave a really nice one to Bad Brad for winning the '10 Nationwide series for Penske Racing;

http://www.streetlegaltv.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/10/files/2011/03/22.jpg
http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/KeselowskiChallenger_11.jpg

This pic shows exactly why I want to like them but can't : they are fucking enormous. They make twice as much power as my car but the damn thing weighs twice as much too. The factory donk,I just don't get it
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top