Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2002 9:55:19 PM EDT
This is interesting, I read this on a web site I can't remember the name it was something like redcell or blackcell.com, anyway it said there are 2 different types of bar codes and that this one pictured is the most widely used. notice the 6 is symbolized by two skinny lines, also notice there are three sets of these lines (one on each side and one in the middle) other than the one in the price code. This is weird and I checked bar codes on a lot of things and ALL of the bar codes of this type have
6 6 6 on them! see for yourself. Coincidence?

[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p819c81d3c3596ac62bbec4c01a191781/fdbec541.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:00:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:05:18 PM EDT
[#2]
it said there are 2 types of bar codes, this type was most widely used, it is not my opinion i just thought it was interesting. read the post again.

[stick]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm Not sure but I think I have seen reference to the catholic church,and the pope having the 666 on his hat.  Maybe something like if you have to talk to god then you have to do it through him. This is where TSHTF as nobody I know needs a mediator to talk to god.

So some people think that if you are going to meet the father,you must go by the way of his son.    And the pope has nothing to do with the whole gig.

Bob     [8D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#5]
my skoal can is safe but the cinderella dvd pictured seems to be cursed
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#6]
somehow i always knew disney was evil
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh no!  My Diet Coke is possessed!!

Does anyone know of a way that I can make it repent?
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:18:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Wolfpack   Did you know twinkies are made from ditamatious earth?  

Bob         [8D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#9]
There's more like 20 barcode symbologies. The one you posted is UPC and is commonly used to identify retail products.

No flame to you, but the 666 thing is BS. The bars they are speaking of are the guard bars and are used to configure the barcode scanner to the barcode being scanned. They help the scanner determine if it really is a barcode, identify the level of contrast between the bars, the width of the bars, etc. There is nothing devious in there.

Barcodes contain more than the representation of the numbers or letters coded. There are synchronization marks, very often a check-digit, and things like that.

God, I'd hate to see what they can find in a 2-dimensional barcode like PDF417 or MaxiCode.

[img]www.makebarcode.com/images/symbologies/pdf417.gif[/img]

[img]www.peninsula-group.com/images/maxicode.gif[/img]

Now, those are barcodes.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There's more like 20 barcode symbologies. The one you posted is UPC and is commonly used to identify retail products.

No flame to you, but the 666 thing is BS. The bars they are speaking of are the guard bars and are used to configure the barcode scanner to the barcode being scanned. They help the scanner determine if it really is a barcode, identify the level of contrast between the bars, the width of the bars, etc. There is nothing devious in there.

Barcodes contain more than the representation of the numbers or letters coded. There are synchronization marks, very often a check-digit, and things like that.

God, I'd hate to see what they can find in a 2-dimensional barcode like PDF417 or MaxiCode.

[img]www.makebarcode.com/images/symbologies/pdf417.gif[/img]

[img]www.peninsula-group.com/images/maxicode.gif[/img]

Now, those are barcodes.
View Quote

I don't care what you say.  My Diet Coke is still possessed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

DAMN! it used to be interesting
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Type in NYC on Word.  Put in on 72 font size and then change font to the first wingdings all the way at the bottom.  What's up with that?  You gotta love those darn computer programers.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I was going to make myself a tin foil hat, but I noticed that the box the foil came in had a BAR CODE!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Well you have definatly stepped over the codes now boys.  And I will have to lock this here and now!   Oh wait I'm not a mod [shock]rock on dudes.    

My cyuniric acid is high ,guess I had better dump the pool .  By Blaze....  

Bob [8D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Type in NYC on Word.  Put in on 72 font size and then change font to the first wingdings all the way at the bottom.  What's up with that?  You gotta love those darn computer programers.
View Quote

try typing "unable to follow directions", click on theasaurus (or f7 i think) replace with given synonym
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well you have definatly stepped over the codes now boys.  And I will have to lock this here and now!   Oh wait I'm not a mod [shock]rock on dudes.    

My cyuniric acid is high ,guess I had better dump the pool .  By Blaze....  

Bob [8D]
View Quote

Once more?...this time in English.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:41:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I just had and out-of-body experience with a piece of devils food cake.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Jonnie   Ask wolfpack when the chemicals needed to stabilize a pool cannot be brought about by soda-ash ,or clch,or other agents then the water is unstable and needs to be drained partually or all.  Then with new water added you can obtain,max alk,ph,free chlor.ect   Its just hard to know everything jonnie so you will just have to trust us.    

Bob      [8D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:50:28 PM EDT
[#21]
HELP!!! I'M BEING ABDUCTED BY A 30PACK!!!
NO WAIT DON'T HELP!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Jonnie   Ask wolfpack when the chemicals needed to stabilize a pool cannot be brought about by soda-ash ,or clch,or other agents then the water is unstable and needs to be drained partually or all.  Then with new water added you can obtain,max alk,ph,free chlor.ect   Its just hard to know everything jonnie so you will just have to trust us.    

Bob      [8D]
View Quote

Al-right-y...you just stay right there and I'll just slide out the door here...no, no...don't get up...I can show myself out...buh-bye.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:05:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow the first three numbers in my birth date are 6-6-6. Does this make me evil?
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wow the first three numbers in my birth date are 6-6-6. Does this make me evil?
View Quote

only if you have a pre ban
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't worry jonnie every body says that ,hell i even put an owl with a swivel head next to the pool to keep the ducks from  landing there and duck shiting all over the pool.

I have only a 18,000 gal pool to keep for all the residents of this 80 unit apt comp. The pool says 20 people limit, ha I would say 10 people having fun.  

By the way all the other apt comps have their pools closed down by the health dept all the way down the strip, so I got mantinance,heat-air ,make-ready,pool and grounds   guess what I have no problem telling some one to hit the road if they don.t live here.

But as you can tell I'm much more mellow now that  I have quit this shit(check out the firearms for sale) I;m unloading a bunch.  And by the way ditamasious earth is dinosaur fossels ground up (which very few people use anymore)  We now use sand filters.   I have a Pool and sauna licence,and should get a purple heart for putting up  with the crap it takes to get this pool water in balance so your kids will have  a clean place to pee.

Bob        [8D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just tried that - this is what you get:

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/EricE%2FNYC%2Ejpg[/img]

Now THAT is FU**ED UP!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Don't worry jonnie every body says that ,hell i even put an owl with a swivel head next to the pool to keep the ducks from  landing there and duck shiting all over the pool.

I have only a 18,000 gal pool to keep for all the residents of this 80 unit apt comp. The pool says 20 people limit, ha I would say 10 people having fun.  

By the way all the other apt comps have their pools closed down by the health dept all the way down the strip, so I got mantinance,heat-air ,make-ready,pool and grounds   guess what I have no problem telling some one to hit the road if they don.t live here.

But as you can tell I'm much more mellow now that  I have quit this shit(check out the firearms for sale) I;m unloading a bunch.  And by the way ditamasious earth is dinosaur fossels ground up (which very few people use anymore)  We now use sand filters.   I have a Pool and sauna licence,and should get a purple heart for putting up  with the crap it takes to get this pool water in balance so your kids will have  a clean place to pee.

Bob        [8D]
View Quote

Blaze? - Is that you?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:03:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Well I have a preban. So I guess I'm evil.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:16:12 AM EDT
[#29]
I think it was about a clean place for his bots to swim where DONR couldn't blast them, Ha wrong because you know DONR killed blaze. So if you have an issue with blaze or his newly orphaned bots you will have to make your replys to (orphaned Bots Of Blaze Of Glory Trust Fund)

Or POS (Puff-Of Smoke)

Bob          [:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 2:11:16 AM EDT
[#30]
I found this one doing a search for 666

[url]http://www.rense.com/general20/666.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:14:31 AM EDT
[#31]
I saw this thread, and was reminded of a Tenacious D song, and then I laughed, and then I forgot what song it was, and I should probably go to bed now.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:37:22 AM EDT
[#32]
the number of the beast is the number of a "Man" :  

Rev 13:18   Here is wisdom. He that hath understanding, let him count the number of the beast; for it is the number of a man: and his number is Six hundred and sixty and six.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:12:35 AM EDT
[#33]
I think a lot depends on what languages John knew; and, if he was looking or thinking in Greek, what system of numbers the Greeks used at that time.  (Right around that time, they switched from a Roman type to something more modern, letter for number, but I don't know the specifics.)

My theory is:

1) The "666" everyone talks about is meaningless as a number in this context.  Those numerals were not in use in the 2nd century AD. At best, those symbols would only have been a decoration, and would not have meant anything.

2) If one accepts that John was relating a "vision", which I do, and that much of this can be taken literally, then the issue is to try to figure out what he "saw" in the vision.  

Remember that we are talking about someone nearly 1800 years ago, having no benefit of hindsight with modern knowledge or terminology. Think how someone only 150 years ago, or even your own great-grandfather would have described a lot of the stuff we have around the house today.  A television?  Maybe a "picture brought to life?"  (That's in Revalation, also.)

John, as a Greek, of course would have known that language.  In the Roman world, even if he didn't have an extensive knowledge of Latin (he may or may not have), he certainly would have known enough to get around.  He would have known for example, that DCLXVI was six-hundred-sixty-six.  Then there would have been the Greek (Lambda-lamda-lamda ?? ) or the other system, as mentioned above.  Could have been another language/alphabet, as well.

Given a vision, much of which he could not comprehend, he did his best to relate it.  He saw something which meant 666 to him, but it could have meant someting else.  As a previous poster said, it was the mark of a man.  Therefore, the symbols identified the man, and could simply have been a name to us, or possibly a political party symbol (less likely, because it seems to indicate one man). Or, a comapny or other mark relating to the mechanism to conduct trade.  In the hand?  A chip perhaps, manufactured by some co. with that symbol.  Forehead?  Retinal scan, perhaps.  Yes, I know where the eye is. But, how would the machine used to check glaucoma look to someone 1800 years ago?  Or, as some have indicated, it be a tattoo relating to a political loyalty.  Whatever it is, I'd say the answer lies in finding the numeric symbols for 666 in John's time.  Ancient language scholars out there?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Try NYC at 72 then change it to Webdings instead of Wingdings.....

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/GreenTalon%2FNYC%2520in%2520Webdings%2EGIF[/img]

Look at the eye.....looks like a clock doesn't it?  Its set for 9:55 or something, when did the collapse happen????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top