Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 10:35:10 AM EDT
So I was flying my Mini Super Cub ––

And then for some reason...

...it just abruptly stopped flying. (ETA: By which I mean I crashed the shit out of it.)

Anyway, the Rx/EXC/servo board adhesive broke loose, so I decided to superglue it back in place (Z-foam, so the glue didn't eat the foam up). Now when I power the plane back up, the servos go crazy back and forth for no reason. Is the superglue the problem here, or is it something else (yes, some superglue on the circuitry)? RF interference? Doesn't seem likely though. Board damage? Wasn't doing this immediately after the nose-first landing.

Here's a video of what's doing –– http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNltJsu06fo

I know it's just crappy 27MHz gear, and I've got a 2.4GHz Tx, so I could convert it, but I don't really have the funds or inclination to do so right now. That said, I'm also not going to buy a new Rx just to keep having to use the crappy Tx that came with it. If I have to break out the soldering iron, it's definitely going to get an upgrade.

Anyway, if any of you guys have any ideas, I'd appreciate them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
ill bet u hit lipo cutoff thats why it topped, when u crashed you destroyed the servos and rx assembly, they are very delicate, buy a whole new board setup and should be GTG. I do recommend the parkzone micros over those. The PZ are very robust
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
if you ever need another tx/rx im selling 2 right now, brand new never used http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=139&t=854412&page=1

I tried flying 2 planes, one a foam pusher and crashed that. The second a slow stick but some reason under power it goes to the left like crazy, but glides fine. So I gave up.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:58:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a plane similar with the reciever and servo motors all on one board and it eventually did the same thing.
It was after a crash that my problem started same as yours.  
Trashed mine and bought a more advanced model.  Used it as a stepping stone
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ill bet u hit lipo cutoff thats why it topped, when u crashed you destroyed the servos and rx assembly, they are very delicate, buy a whole new board setup and should be GTG. I do recommend the parkzone micros over those. The PZ are very robust

Nah, it was me pointing the plane at the ground, and then not pointing it elsewhere before it hit that caused it to stop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top