Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2011 3:56:50 PM EDT
Is this true? Most insurance mandates cold ranges? I don't know about ranges but I know a bunch of instructors that have their own insurance and they run hot ranges all the time.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is this true? Most insurance mandates cold ranges? I don't know about ranges but I know a bunch of instructors that have their own insurance and they run hot ranges all the time.

I own a range. Not True in our case.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I own a range. Not True in our case.

How exactly do you go about setting up a range as a business?  I've been wanting to do this once my wife and I get on our feet...
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, I know at my club, they are 100% NRA because of various tax and insurance breaks being a NRA club.  They also have a few interesting rules that are in place because of stupid people's actions in the past.

As far as insurance requiring it, I don't know for sure.  I do know one of the public ranges around here is simply self insured, according to the owner.  I'm not sure how that works now a days, in a world where people sue for millions for slipping on the floor or spilling coffee on themselves.  I can't imagine how much one would have to have socked away to self-insure a gun range!
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Well, I know at my club, they are 100% NRA because of various tax and insurance breaks being a NRA club.  They also have a few interesting rules that are in place because of stupid people's actions in the past.

Does the NRA insurance mandate certain rules?

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#6]
So when a club says they cannot host a class with a hot range or allow shooters to have  hot range due to insurance they are full of shit?

When I was trying to put something together and was looking at insurance I didn't find the insurer mandating range rules either.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:50:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Does the NRA insurance mandate certain rules?

I have no idea.  Our special rules are in place because some people failed to be sure of their backstop, and bullets hit houses down range.  As far as I know, the only special rule the NRA requires is that every member is NRA.  But, I haven't looked into it any further into it than that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:01:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, but depends on the range.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top