Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2011 6:43:43 PM EDT
All interested persons may submit comments on this study.
Comments may be submitted by e-mail to [email protected] or by fax to (202)648-9601.
Faxed comments may not exceed 5 pages.
All comments must include name and mailing address.
ATF encourages submission of comments no later than May 1, 2011.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a comment. From our Constitution:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#2]
First post wins it.  Again.

I'll just throw this reminder out there.  However tempting it may be, and we all know they deserve it "Go climb a wall of dicks, you petty thugs with delusions of adequacy" may get you put on a list.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'll just throw this reminder out there.  However tempting it may be, and we all know they deserve it "Go climb a wall of dicks, you petty thugs with delusions of adequacy" may get you put on a list.

What list?
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Filling out a 4473 and posting here probably puts you on a list. People shouldn't fear their government, the government should fear its people. Time for some soap box revolution.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What list?

you know... THE LIST!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 6:31:52 AM EDT
[#6]
This is the scoop huh - The ATF Wants Our Shotguns now?

I found a link in an email from Ron Paul, and it allows anyone to sign a pre-written petition which tells the ATF to stop trying to redefine the law to take our shotguns away.

Sign the petition here

So apparently the ATF is trying to re-define the law? And they've got their anti-gun sights set on our Shotguns. How can they do this?

From the email:

In January, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives released a document announcing their study that would dramatically tighten regulations on shotguns.
With the approval of the Obama Administration, the ATF hopes to use bureaucratic rule changes to ban the importation and sale of certain shotguns based on their twisted view of the “sporting purposes” clause in the 1968 Gun Control Act.

There’s one major problem. As you know, the purpose of the Second Amendment isn't to protect “sports.”
It’s to protect citizens –– like you and me –– from a tyrannical government. This proposal by the ATF is an all-out flank attack on our right to keep and bear arms.

The ATF’s ridiculously anti-gun study suggests that certain, and in many cases very random criteria would make a shotgun unable to be imported. Those random criteria include:

• Folding, telescoping or collapsible stocks;

• Bayonet lugs;

• Flash suppressors;

• Magazines over 5 rounds, or a drum magazine;

• Integrated rail systems;

• Light enhancing devices;

• Excessive weight (greater than 10 pounds for a 12 gauge);

• Excessive bulk;

• Forward pistol grip.

You read that right. Excessive weight and bulk will get your shotgun banned.
We all know that none of the items listed make a firearm more or less dangerous.

It is a list of completely arbitrary items that have more to do with appearance than anything substantial.
The ATF might as well say they don’t want anything “black” to be imported – it would be just as logical.

But their blatant disregard for the truth doesn't stop there.
The United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) and the International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC) might be interested to know that the ATF doesn't consider their matches a “sport”...

We need to capitalize on the fact that the ATF has made a mistake. They have opened up a comment period – open until April 30 – by which the general public can voice their opinions on this “study.”
That means ALL gun owners simply MUST make our voices heard by the anti-gun bureaucrats in Washington. They think that they can quietly slip these regulations through without taxpayers and voters making a fuss. Gun owners must let them know we’re watching their every move. That’s why we all need to contact the ATF, tell them to keep their hands off our shotguns and to ditch their ridiculous anti-gun study.

Over the next week, I urge you to flood the ATF with emails stating exactly how ridiculous their proposal is. This ban is not about public safety.
It is nothing less than the Obama administrations latest attempt to use bureaucratic wrangling to trample over your Second Amendment rights like he did with Health Care.

It is another example of a power grab by an already out of control government agency & it is Un-Constitutional. Apparently it wasn't enough for them to funnel firearms into Mexico.
Now they want to keep you from having a home defense shotgun.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 6:42:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't have much to say other than FUCK the ATF!

Maybe this will get the FUDDS fired up...probably not.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 6:43:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Instead of infringing on law abiding American Citizens CIVIL Rights, the BATFE would be better served and have more respect going after real criminals like the murders that are crossing the border into our country.  

It's okay though, Grassley and Issa are going to ass rape the BATFE over the next few months.  BATFE has no idea what Sen. Grassley has and their obstruction is giving him everything he needs to bring the pain.  They also don't seem to get that he's playing them like the Pied Piper and they are following the script like sheep to the slaughter.  

If I were running BATFE, I'd be doing everything I could to get gun owners on my side.  I'd stop the "lets find ways to ban XXXXXXX" bullshit and declare a General Amnesty of the NFRTR (open ended) to get some support behind them.  Right now, I'd say about 99% of gun owners will dance on the headstone of the BATFE when Grassley and Issa is done with them.  They aren't going to find any public support no matter how many BS public relation stories they try to find in their agency.  

And for the BATFE folks that are reading this, you know me and who I am.  You know I'm trying to give some constructive ideas here.  Pass it up the chain before it's too late.  Make management aware that they are not doing themselves any favors staying the course they are on now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2011 6:52:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Email sent:

Competitive shooting is a sport (an increasingly popular and growing one, by the way) and accessories or design features intended to improve shooting competition scores obviously meets the definition of a "sporting purpose".  Further, many of the design features targeted by the shotgun study are useful in other shotgun sports, such as hunting.  I am strongly opposed to new importation rules targeting shotguns based on these criteria.

I would add, it would be a nice change of pace if the BATF would provide statistics on the shotgun bayonet attacks that are undoubtedly ravaging our nation and the increased lethality of vertical forward grips when used in crime to justify proposed rule changes, rather than randomly picking "tactical" features to target for a ban.  

Thank you
Link Posted: 4/25/2011 11:26:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Email sent:

Competitive shooting is a sport (an increasingly popular and growing one, by the way) and accessories or design features intended to improve shooting competition scores obviously meets the definition of a "sporting purpose".  Further, many of the design features targeted by the shotgun study are useful in other shotgun sports, such as hunting.  I am strongly opposed to new importation rules targeting shotguns based on these criteria.

I would add, it would be a nice change of pace if the BATF would provide statistics on the shotgun bayonet attacks that are undoubtedly ravaging our nation and the increased lethality of vertical forward grips when used in crime to justify proposed rule changes, rather than randomly picking "tactical" features to target for a ban.  

Thank you

Good email
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#11]
bttt - please send an email before COB on Sunday, 5/1/11.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What list?

People who will not be hired to work at the Bureau of Novel Insults.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I get it. If a handgun is too light, it may not be imported; if a shotgun is too heavy, it may not be imported.

No, wait. I don't get it. My mistake.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If I'm not on the list, then it's not a very complete list.  They need to step up their game.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top