Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2002 3:16:41 PM EDT
http://[url]http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/134452661_ndig11.html[/url] (third item)
[b]State insurance officials to sue Vatican over fraud[/b]

JACKSON, Miss. — Insurance commissioners of five states are suing the Vatican, alleging the church was involved in a $200 million-plus insurance fraud scheme run by now-jailed financier Martin Frankel.

The federal lawsuit, filed Thursday by commissioners of Mississippi, Tennessee, Missouri, Oklahoma and Arkansas, says that Frankel in 1998 tried to use the church as a front to purchase insurance companies.

The Vatican said it had no immediate comment.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
So I guess this is gonna turn into another Lets bash the Catholic church thread. Great.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:21:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, if they're doing the stuff...
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So I guess this is gonna turn into another Lets bash the Catholic church thread. Great.
View Quote

need not be that kind of thread....the catholic church does a fine friggin job of bashing themselves. f'n bunch of hypocrites!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#4]
This would be news? Seriously, Frankel went through one priest in NY who believed the lies he was selling about the charitable benefits. People get taken in by con men. There are many better examples of church chicanery then this.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

No one has to say a word, the Catholic church does a fine job revealing it's true nature.  You'll see the corruption all the way from the bottom up.
Maybe it's time for some change in dogma, eh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top