Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/11/2002 11:19:10 AM EDT
I was just wondering how many of you guys live in GA and would like to meet?
I was thinking of a BBQ & Shoot or something like that.
I have no idea where to do it, but any input would be great, especially if one
of you had some out of the way property.
Respond here or email me [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good to me.
I live in Atlanta. Where in GA do you live?

ARH
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Sounds good to me.
I live in Atlanta. Where in GA do you live?

ARH
View Quote

Lilburn, Gwinnett Co., around 20 miles from Atlanta.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool.  I live in the Lilburn/ Stone Mountain area myself (Gwinnett County.)  

Anyone ever go hang out at Bernie's or Bullseye?
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Columbus
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cool.  I live in the Lilburn/ Stone Mountain area myself (Gwinnett County.)  

Anyone ever go hang out at Bernie's or Bullseye?
View Quote

I was just up at Bernie's this morning, I live right down Killian about 2 minutes away.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#6]
So, out of the 3 that have responded,
any ideas on how to pull this off or where to do it?
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm all the way in Valdosta, but I end up in the Atlanta area quite often.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Columbus
View Quote

I'll be out that way next weekend.
I haven't ben there in years, not sinse my brother-in-law was stationed out there.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm all the way in Valdosta, but I end up in the Atlanta area quite often.
View Quote

Any place out there for this to happen?
I'll drive anywhere to do this.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 1:06:30 PM EDT
[#10]
How many others besides me are members at River Bend? We could each take a guest.
I don't have property where we could do this, or know of a public range where we could meet.
Do y'all want to meet at the Eastman show next week end? Bernie always has a table close to the door, so why not there?

ARH
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I'll be going to the Eastman's next weekend.
I don't know if Bernie's would want any kind of gathering at their store, I guess I could ask.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm on the Lilburn side of Norcross, about 5to10 minutes from Bernie's store,  and I'll be at Eastman's show next week (looking for AR15 stuff, what else[:D]).  Keep me advised of what's happening.  Must be something in the air out here in Gwinnett.  Lots of AR15 guys around.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm on the Lilburn side of Norcross, about 5to10 minutes from Bernie's store,  and I'll be at Eastman's show next week (looking for AR15 stuff, what else[:D]).  Keep me advised of what's happening.  Must be something in the air out here in Gwinnett.  Lots of AR15 guys around.
View Quote

Ok, looks like a meet at the Eastman's next weekend. Which day, Sat or Sun?
You, ARH, the_reject, myself and who else?

C'mon, this is a start......
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm game.

Dave S of Dallas.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Greetings DaveS in Dallas!

Game for the Eastman's, or trying to organize a
BBQ Shoot somewhere?
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok, looks like a meet at the Eastman's next weekend. Which day, Sat or Sun?
You, ARH, the_reject, myself and who else?

C'mon, this is a start......
View Quote

I could meet either Sat or Sun.
These shows are usually pretty good. The last couple I have been to out there, there was a guy selling NIW 30 round Sanchez mags for $20.00 a pop.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#17]
ARH, just email me like on Thurs or Friday,
I'll give you my Cell#, Sat or Sun is fine with me. By Thurs maybe we will have a bunch of us and decide which day.....
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I just moved back to the Atlanta area from Tybee Island.  Live in Winder, which is up I85 above Suwanee, near Road Atlanta.  Where is the Eastman show this coming weekend?  My Eastman card apparently hasn't caught up with the mail being forwarded and all that.  What day and time is everyone going to be there?

Isn't Riverbend up near Gainesville or Cumming?  For those in Gwinnett and Barrow and that general area, there is a range just the other side of Athens with a 600 yd lane.  It's where ArmaLite held their shoot last year.  I can't remember the name of it.  I don't think they would be as strict on rapid fire, etc as Riverbend, but I don't know.  They were pretty laid back when we up there for the ArmaLite thing.

Anyone know of a DNR range in the area?  No charge and no range officer.  I had taken to shooting at one in Richmond Hill, Bryan County, near Savannah because, believe it or not, there is not one single rifle range in Chatham County, which shocked the hell out of me with it being south Georgia.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#19]
LARRYG it will be at the North Atlanta Trade Center. Since you will be taking I85 South, go to exit 101 and take a left. Turn right on Oakbrook Parkway and then take a right on Jurgens Court. We still have not set a day and time yet. Hope you make it.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Larry,

The best public range that I know of is the Charlie Elliot range run by the DNR.  It has a cement floored, covered shooting area with shooting benches.  They have several 50 yard ranges (like 8 or so) and several 100 yard ranges.  They used to have target stands to hang paper targets but I have not been out there in a long time - maybe they are still there.  It is (or it was the last time I went) a very nice place to shoot.

Here are directions from Atlanta (stolen from the Georgia Tech Marksmanship Club website at http://cyberbuzz.gatech.edu/firearms/Places.html).  The exit number may or may not be right, not sure if the directions are pre or post exit renumbering.

Take I-20 East to exit 98, Hwy. 11 (Mansfield, Social Circle, Monticello) and take a right. Exaclty 10 miles from turning onto Hwy 11 there is a small road to the left and a sign for the Charlie Elliot Wildlife Management area on the right. Take the left onto the road and the range is on the left about 1.5 miles.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#21]
If it falls on my weekend off I'm in. Usually I go to John's Mountain WMA range about 45 minutes north of Atlanta up I-75 near Calhoun. I have gon to a few indoor ranges such as Hotshots, ED's, and Master Gunman. I used to spend a lot of time at Bernies when I had more time off. Bernie, Maria, and Jeff are good people.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#22]
This is sounding great!
Maybe at the Eastman's all of us can figure out the how/when/where to do a BBQ & Shoot.

ARH, don't forget to email me Thurs to get my cell#.

So, which day (Sat/Sun) is best for everybody?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#23]
It's got to be Saturday for me.  Sunday is Sunday School "graduation" for my 5 yr old, and Daddy can't miss that [:D].  Hope we can do it then.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:26:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Wish I could make it out there, but classes have me bound during the week and there are some guys trying to convince me to buy a handgun on the weekends (free range time, why not?).
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey guys,
I'm originally from Gwinnett, more toward Winder (Dacula). I come down that way every now and then. If you guys set something up let me know.
ACFTGRUNT
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It's got to be Saturday for me.  Sunday is Sunday School "graduation" for my 5 yr old, and Daddy can't miss that [:D].  Hope we can do it then.
View Quote

OK, Saturday would be best for most I guess.
Everyone Agree for Saturday? Just post it here & send me an email.
Can't wait to meet all of you guys.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

OK, Saturday would be best for most I guess.
Everyone Agree for Saturday? Just post it here & send me an email.
Can't wait to meet all of you guys.
View Quote

Saturday works for me.
s0ulzer0 I will email you on Monday.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#28]
That'll work ARH!

Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll try to get out there on Saturday also, I live in Kennesaw.  I,m not sure if I'll have the weekend off yet.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 5:57:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Time to give this a bump and report in...

Geezus, I head out of town for the weekend and I miss the rollcall...

I live out in Suwanee...

the_reject
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#31]
What time do y'all want to meet on Saturday?
I will be at a bachelor party Friday night, so I don't want to meet too early Saturday morning.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm game.  I live 1 hour south of Atlanta.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm automatically out on this one...  Headed down to Columbus that morning.  [>(]

I'll keep up to date via s0ulzer0, though...  Need to talk with him about this weekend anyhow...

the_reject
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:58:00 AM EDT
[#34]
So, where will the meeting place going to be?  I'm in Macon, and I will be at the gun show this weekend (Saturday).
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 1:37:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So, where will the meeting place going to be?  I'm in Macon, and I will be at the gun show this weekend (Saturday).
View Quote

How about if we meet at the food stand at the front that is close to where Bernie sets up.

s0ulzer0 email sent your way.

ARH

Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#36]
I live in cherokee Co.  I wish I could go ,but gotta work!1 I would love to get together in the future though!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 6:47:43 PM EDT
[#37]
It's growing!
I'm bumping this to try and get a few more to go.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 9:23:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Bumping for the night folks...

the_reject
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Do we have a time set yet? I'm for late morning,but can be flexible if that doesn't work for a lot of others.

By the way, don't know about any one else, but I'm bringing some stuff that I want to sell to start working on getting an M4gery barrel assy.  Mostly some odds and ends AR stuff and a handgun that's kind of surplus to my needs. Have a complete A2 butt assembly; stock, tube, buffer, etc. unused, taken off a Bushie. If anyone's interested, let me know. I'd rather sell it to "one of the gang" than to a total stranger.

Looking forward to Saturday[:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Do we have a time set yet? I'm for late morning,but can be flexible if that doesn't work for a lot of others.

By the way, don't know about any one else, but I'm bringing some stuff that I want to sell to start working on getting an M4gery barrel assy.  Mostly some odds and ends AR stuff and a handgun that's kind of surplus to my needs. Have a complete A2 butt assembly; stock, tube, buffer, etc. unused, taken off a Bushie. If anyone's interested, let me know. I'd rather sell it to "one of the gang" than to a total stranger.

View Quote

Still waiting to confirm time w/ARH, what time is good for you?
I'm totally flexible, I live less than 10 min down the road from it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

How about 11:00 am on Saturday. I don't think that I will get to bed before 4:00 or 5:00 am Friday night so I would like to get a few hours of sleep before the funshow. I can be flexible.
What times do others have in mind?

ARH
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

How about 11:00 am on Saturday. I don't think that I will get to bed before 4:00 or 5:00 am Friday night so I would like to get a few hours of sleep before the funshow. I can be flexible.

ARH
View Quote

Strippers at this party of yours Friday ARH?
[:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#43]
I live in Snellville, off Bethany Church road (directly across from Killian Hill when you cross 78).  I am a member of Cherokee gun club which is off exit 20, up 985.  Bullseye is my second home.  Keep me informed.

The Azalin
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 2:49:17 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm still game.

Dave S

{and another bump [:D] }
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

ARH
View Quote

View Quote

Why yes there will be strippers at the party.
Have you ever heard of the "Salad Sisters"?
Between the salad sisters and a few others, ther will be five or six at the party. It's going to be a freak show for sure.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 3:53:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Between the salad sisters and a few others, ther will be five or six at the party. It's going to be a freak show for sure.

ARH
View Quote

Salad Sisters? LMFAO! [:D]
Do they toss your salad? Why are they called
The Salad Sisters?
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

ARH
View Quote

The Salad Sisters?
View Quote

No salad tossing, but sometimes produce finds it's way into the show. I'll tell you more on Saturday.

ARH

Link Posted: 5/14/2002 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

ARH
View Quote

The Salad Sisters?
View Quote

No salad tossing, but sometimes produce finds it's way into the show. I'll tell you more on Saturday.

ARH

View Quote

I'm gonna hold you to that ARH! [:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#49]
I'll probably get there a little earlier than  11, but I'll be at the food stand at 11.  Looking forward to it [:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Shhhhhh!!!

We keep this line of discussion up, and the entire board is gonna think that we Georgians are nothing but pervs!

Oh wait...

[;)]

the_reject
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top