Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2002 10:18:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope you get your guns back. I wonder if the people who stole your guns have been following you around ? Maybe they watch and waited till the right time to break in .
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like an inside job of some sort.  I hope you get your stuff back.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Not good at all...did anybody see you "while you were cleaning stuff and getting everything ready"?
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#5]
DVDTracker I feel for you.
I know you feel like shit but I hope you learn from this and maybe get an alarm system or turn the one you have on. I have an extra horn and strobe lights directly above my gun safe to scare off any thieves. I know alarms are not fool proof protection but most criminals are grab and run types so the lights and sound will scare them off, hopefully. I know most people are proud of their gun collection and want to show them off but sometimes it is best to keep it a secret on the exact number, type and location of your guns to only your most trusted friends and then only tell them half the story.

Security is not convenient.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry DVDTracker....I hate to hear it....
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry DVD, that SUCKS!!!!  You have my deepest sympathy.

We had crap like that going on in our neighborhood.  Someone was stealing garage door opener codes and breaking in and stealing stuff.  Neighbor lost a couple grand in tools.  If you haven't upgraded your garage door opener, I reccommend it.  We did ours about a couple months before this crap started happening.  I make sure to always keep the safe locked, even during the day.  When that crap started happening is when my (formerly) anti gun wife wanted me to start keeping one inside.

They finally caught the shitbag.  He was running a meth lab out of his parents house a couple blocks over.  His kid was a twelve-year-old shit that would pick on my neighbor's kid.  Like they say, there are people in this world who just need shot.

I can't believe there are people in this world who think you shouldn't shoot people for property crimes (are you listening you British bastards).  As you probably feel now DVD, they took part of your life.  There was a lot of work and time involved in your hobby, and when they took your stuff they took part of your life.  It is one of the worst feelings in the world.  I feel for you, man.

At least this guy will end up in the lowest pit of hell.  I truly believe, what goes around, comes around.  Just wish you had the pleasure of shooting him yourself.

[:(]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#8]
That blows!!!
Do your neighbors kids know about your gun hobby, and where you keep them?

ARH
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#9]
This is why my safes are in the house. Garages are too easily penetrated.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Last year I had a burglary in my home,They took alot of ammo and gun accessories but they weren't able to get in to the gun safe(it was locked),so thats the only good thing that came out of it all! I keep my gun safe in my closet along with alot of my mags and ammo. After the police and crime lab left I couldnt sleep im my room for a week after what had happened,I just felt violated.
I pray they recover your guns!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#11]
That sucks.  Do you have any shady neighbors?
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#12]
oh, man, that sucks! I hope they recover your guns before they get used in a crime somewhere, thus tying them up in an evidence locker somewhere for some archeaologist to find. It's probably some neighborhood sh*tbag.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Man that realy sucks I'm very sorry to here that happen to you! I sure hope you get you stuff back and they find the douche bag that did it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:35:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#16]
I am so sorry, DVD.  What a horrible thing to have happened.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that they catch the perp somehow.

I'm glad they didn't come into your house.  That would have been a life-changing decision.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Sorry to hear about that.

I'll keep an eye on the classified ads in the local papers for those guns.  It may not help, but it sure can't hurt.

I hope you get 'em back.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 12:21:19 PM EDT
[#18]
As a victim myself of house robbing shitpiles,
I feel for you - I hope you get your guns back,
and in good shape.

I know how violated you may be feeling.
I came home from work to find the cops at my house and what wasn't stolen was trashed all over...
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#19]
That sucks man.  I hope they catch the bastards and you get your stuff back.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#20]
  A couple weeks back we had some guys in the area decide to hit a bunch of houses in the "rich" part of town.
  Almost all of them hit unlocked garages, cars, etc.
  I'm sorry to hear of your happenstance, sir, but do not be too hard on yourself, as you are not the only person who has "left themselvves open" so to speak.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#21]
well since there stolen and your donwe with the police ,why don't you post serial numbers and pics so we can watch for them if they turn up in a nearby state or maybe some of the other ar15 people in ca can be on the lookout.
check it out nation wide apb on your weapons.
rescue92
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Happy to hear you and your family are ok! Will be on look out for your firearms.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Sorry man that stinks.

Technically you were burgled.

Also I would checke the garage door code. If you have an older, non digital "rollingtype code" system it is entirely possible that the code is still set to what it was when built. All new garage door openers are set the same. Most people don't change the code. All a theif has to do is buy an opeener and drive up and down the street pressing the opener. About 10-25% of the garage doors will open. Then they wait and see if anyone recloses the doors. After a little bit they drive back through and look into the open doors to see if there is anything worth taking visible.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#24]
That Bites DVD! Sorry to hear about your loss. I live in CoCo County and will definitly keep an eye out for your firearms. If you don't mind could you post the serial numbers.

Alex
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Man I’m sorry to here about this… that sucks that you can’t replace the AR15.  Well at least they will let you replace more than on pistol if it were stolen, wouldn’t have to wait 30 days per pistol.  

I hope they catch the guy and get your AR15 back.
- Sulaco
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh wow, that hurts. Before they banned realistic toy gun sales here in Cali, I bought a few of the fake ones, plus a few expired cameras that I "hide" in the around the house in case so not so savory people break into my place. Most of the time, if some crooks break-into a house, they want to grab the obvious and split real quick so that they won't caught. The fake guns weigh, look and function like a real gun, except when you pull the trigger it doesn't go BANG! Of course the cameras don't take pictures either, but you can't tell until you develop a roll of film, and I don't think the bad guys are going to go thru that much trouble.

When I clean my guns, people & neighbors can't see me. And all of my guns are in cases, so that some actually did see me carry something to the car, they don't know what is inside. Also if you have children caution them not to blab it out to their friends, because a friend of a friend....
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Sorry to hear about that DVD. That really bites since you can't replace the AR. Hopefully the thiefs will get caught but I wouldn't hold out much hope. Might not be a bad idea to post the serial numbers so those of us in the northern CA area can keep a look out for them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Sorry to hear the bad news DVD. I usually keep my guns locked up in a safe in my house in a locked room. Then one day, for some stupid reason, not only did I leave the gun safe door open, but the room was unlocked also.
Lucky for me, I have no kids that could of gotten to those guns.

I only can stress that you can't be too safe, secure and responsible with firearms.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#29]
That just sucks the hind teat big time...Good luck on getting them back....
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#30]
DVD    Sorry to hear about your losses,They was punk kids or (da gang) as If any body I would have sent to your house to rob it ,and left a M1Garand there I would have personally drawn and quarterd him.   Not being an ass hole or such what would you take for the M1,hell I might even have a bushy that i would trade for a good one.

bob          
  contact me please!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Bad news. You use to clean your guns in the garage with the door open right? If you have any idea which neighbors know you have guns, that might be the place to start. At least you can replace most of them. Get an M1A and a FAL to make up for the AR. It will make you feel better.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#32]
why don't you post serial numbers and pics so we can watch for them if they turn up in a nearby state or maybe some of the other ar15 people in ca can be on the lookout.
check it out nation wide apb on your weapons.
View Quote
This is a good idea; the more eyes on the lookout, the better.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Sorry to hear about your loss.

About three years ago my place was broken into twice in 10 days time.  They took all of my guns (about 5K worth), ammo, laptop, electronics, etc.  Fortunately I had a good home insurance policy and everything was replaced.  I have since bought a nice safe and have a home security system.  Hopefully some if not all of your stuff is found.  Don't get your hopes up too high though.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Hey DVD, sorry to hear it.  This really pisses me off, not so much that the guns were stolen as because of some lame ass Californistan law that won't let you even replace what was stolen.  I need to cut another check to the NRA and send Ashcroft a thank you note.  I sure hope you get your stuff back.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#36]
I know what you are going through. First thing to do is to make several copies the gun pics along with ser#, distinguishing characteristics, and contact info (case #, pd phone #, etc). Hand these out at all of the local gun stores, pawn shops and shooting ranges. People there usually are very understanding and will keep an eye out if the crooks try to sell your stuff there.

Another thing is to watch for your guns or other identifiable accessories being sold at the next gun show.

Sometimes it takes a while for your guns to show up again. I know a guy whose family's pawn shop got burgled. 2 years later they got one of the stolen desert eagles back when it was confiscated by the cops from a kid who got busted for a concealed weapons violation.

Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#37]
[X] [size=5]Hung[devil]Drawn[devil]Quartered [X].[/size=5]
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#38]
i hpoe DVD thinks of me as a close friend so he wont get pissed or offended when i say....
"dumb ass, lock your safe" !!!!!
that said, DVD i got a present for ya soon!
peace out hommie!
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#39]
THAT SUCKS!! Having my gun(s) stolen is one of my worst fears!  I have never been robbed and can only imagine what your feeling.  I hope they catch them and you get your stuff back!

Shok
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#40]
thanks for reminding me to write down all my serial numbers.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#41]
DVD,

I'm so sorry dude! Hey, we all make mistakes now and then, don't beat yourself up over scumbags who steal!

Good luck on finding the weapons!
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#42]
That really sucks!  Hope you get some or all of them back.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Sorry to hear about you guns.

I used to store stuff in the garage until I woke up one morning and the door was left open.

Nothing was taken, but I learned my lesson.

I hope your stuff shows up.
Link Posted: 5/13/2002 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Have you heard anything from the Police yet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top