Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2002 4:27:18 AM EDT
For those so inclined to...

We are getting more rain here in the midwest. Even more down south where the BRC is to take place. They have allready gotten their fair share this spring, with no end it sight.

Alot of families have planned their complete summer vacation around this event so some nice weather for that weekend would be appreciated!

I know there are worse things in the world that need the man upstairs attention, but couldn't hurt to ask?

Unless someone else has a better idea to try to stop it?

Later

IAJack
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 4:40:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Not to worry......everything is under control...........[:)]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 4:45:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I woke up to the sound of severe t-storms again this morning, and I'm litterally fighting back the tears.

These storms have been dumping an average of 1.5" - 2" of rain each day, several days a week, for the past 3 weeks...  Wednesday, we got nearly 3" in about 2 hours.

This is insane!
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 4:47:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:20:39 AM EDT
[#4]
How about sending some of it our way? Our main lakes for water are at about 70%, and my favorite fishing lake  is still below 50%. We are lingering in the late stages of a 7yr drought. Swap prayers with us, and gook luck...fullclip
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:27:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I've had large fish swimming across my lawn, dammit!

We have a pond in our yard, but it has been overflowing so much, that the fish are simply being washed out...  It's kinda wierd to have to go searching though your yard for "escapes" after each storm.  These are not little fish either, they are goldfish that are the size of Nerf footballs.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:33:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Wait a minute, I thought I heard on the Weather Channel that this area was going through a drought and that the rain that was occurring was [b]much needed.[/b]

Is that true or not?

'Cause if it's true my heart goes out to the small farmers, whose fortunes rise and fall with the precipitation.

So let it rain!

Eric The(ICanTryOutMyGermanRainwear)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:37:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe if you take the averages of several years we are behind on precipitation, but certainly not for this spring!

Link Posted: 5/11/2002 5:39:49 AM EDT
[#8]
The rain 3 weeks ago was much needed, but now we're expierencing severe flooding...  

Because of all of the rain at this point, many of the fields have yet to be planted, which puts the farmers at least a month behind in the growing season.  To make matters worse, it's been very cold, so what has been planted is having a difficult time propagating.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Ah, yes, flooding.

But even that serves a useful purpose. How do you think that bottomland got that fertile in the first place?

Whether it rains or not, I will enjoy the BRC.

I can drive 20 miles and shoot full auto to my little old heart's content.

I'm gonna drive 685 miles to see some friends I haven't met yet!

Eric The(HappyHappy)Hun[>]:)]

PS - All right, all right, I'll pray for sunny weather.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:08:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh goody, I just chacked todays forcast, and we're on tap for 3" this afternoon... and more tomorrow! [>(][0j]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:20:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Humm the national radar showed like it may be clearing this afternoon. There must be more building behind it.

Like I said, prayers needed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 6:38:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Tim, looks like some of your white water experience might just come in handy.  How about kayak rides at the BRC??
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#13]
There's been standing waves in my front yard for the past 2 hours, and my pond now encompass' my entire yard.

I think I actually caught a glimpse of a conning tower drift past, but it was hard to tell, since it was well below parascope depth! [0j]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/11/2002 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Lord, can you send some of this to South Texas?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top