Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2002 11:48:13 PM EDT
So I'm coming home from work about 11:30pm tonight.  Just picked up some Krispy Kream donuts and I'm about 2 miles from my house.  As I'm driving down the road, I look up to see a pair of bright head lights coming up behind me really fast.  At first, I thought it was a cop that was going to pull me over for something.  Strange, I was driving the speed limit and not breaking any laws.  Well, the guy was accelerating and still coming up behind me.  Then *BAM*, the jerk rear ends me.  So I hold on for dear life and ride it out.  I end up flying off to the side of the road and ended up facing the opposite direction.  From what I could see in my rear view mirror, I think it was a big white pickup truck.  I come to a rest.  The guy keep on going and leaves me there on the side of the road for dead.  I can't get out of the driver's side door because there is a tree next to me.  So, I crawl over and out the passenger side.  Well, my car is seriously screwed up.  Totaled.  I get out my wireless and call 911.  Eventually, a cop shows up and takes a report and calls a tow truck.  The tow truck arrives and he drags my car up onto his truck bed.  After securing my car, the tow truck driver gets a broom and goes out to the street to sweep all the glass from my car away.  The cop pulls his car up so that he's blocking the lane the guy's sweeping up.  His lights are flashing and I'm waiting for him to give me and what was my car a lift home.  Well, this is where it get's interesting.  A woman coming down the road goes around the cop car and hits the tow truck guy sending him flying into the air and over her car.  It was a horrible thing to see.  The guy is screaming and the cop runs over to his aid.  In the next 5 minutes at least 6 cop cars show up to completely block off the street.  The guy crawls over to the curb and blood is pouring from his head.  The woman gets out saying how sorry she is.  She looks to be about 18 and tells the cop that she doesn't have her license with her.  Finally the paramedic shows up and takes the tow truck guy to the hospital which is right down the street.  So, 2 hours after I get rear ended by a hit and runner, I finally get home.  So here I am.  I was looking forward to a long weekend off since I had Friday off.  Now I have no transportation.  I am grateful that I wasn't harmed, but the whole situation still sucks.

Just thought I'd share my crappy night.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:01:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Ah yes. Now you know what my entire life has been like.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:03:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn buddy, lock the friggin' doors, bolt the windows and get your gun 'cause the night is young and you are having some bad luck tonight!

On second thought, lock your guns away, you might shoot yourself in the foot.

I hope you're okay and they catch the dips**t who did this to you.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:14:02 AM EDT
[#3]
JFHC!!! Glad you're home ok. I hope the tow truck guy will be, too...I hope you find the dirtbag and make him pay for your doughnuts.... Krispy Kreme's open at 11:30? Wow.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:17:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:18:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Holy Cow!
That's horrible!

Is the tow truck guy going to make it ??
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:24:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Holy crap! Glad you're okay.

WTF is with that pick-up driver? Maybe he was drunk. Anyway, sounds like someone you would like to find so you can kick the crap out of him. What an a-hole!
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:33:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I think the tow truck driver will be ok.  He was able to walk to the ambulance.  The guy that eventually showed up to tow my car was the original guy's son.  I know he wanted to hurry up so he could go to the hospital and check on his dad.

I was completely calm the whole time.  I don't know if I was in shock or what.  Guess I couldn't believe what was happening.  I would LOVE to find the guy that hit me.  I'm sure he was drunk and that's why he didn't stop.  He turned his truck right when he hit me, so he ended up hitting my left rear corner.  My rear window shattered and my left side rear window shattered.  The whole left rear corner of my car is completely smashed in.

I was amazed that I came out without a scratch.

Oh, the Krispy Kream I went to is open 24-7.  Now I wish I would have just gone straight home and skipped Krispy Kream.

USPC40

Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:37:33 AM EDT
[#8]
WTF!!!!!! that really sucks. Do you know what kind of truck it was, maybe the cops can look for a that kind of truck with front end damage.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:42:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
WTF!!!!!! that really sucks. Do you know what kind of truck it was, maybe the cops can look for a that kind of truck with front end damage.
View Quote

The 911 lady did ask me if the truck that hit me would have front end damage.  I would think so, but it was like a F-150 or something in that class.  Pretty big truck and here I was driving a little Honda Civic hatchback.  I'm sure more damage was done to my car than to his truck.

Just a side note.  This is the second car I've ever had.  The first one was also totaled by someone rear ending me.  What the hell is wrong with these people?  Now I understand why so many people die in car crashes.

USPC40

Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:45:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Glad to hear you came out in one piece.  I'll buy you a drink next time I'm in your neighborhood (or two or three . . . you could probably use it).  [beer]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:50:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Glad you're ok, USPC40 - hope the tow truck driver is ok too.

Hope they find the driver of the white truck and roast his ass.

Imbroglio - you crack me up!  [:D]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 1:14:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Since this is the second time you were rear ended I have to ask, Do you have a habit of driving in reverse, going th wrong direction on the road.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 1:33:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Since this is the second time you were rear ended I have to ask, Do you have a habit of driving in reverse, going th wrong direction on the road.
View Quote

No. [>:/] Just bad luck.  The first time, I was waiting for a red light to change and a woman that wasn't paying attention slammed into me.

USPC40

----------------------------
[url=www.nra.org][b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

Link Posted: 5/10/2002 2:44:56 AM EDT
[#14]
From [perspnal experience, I bet the pick-up driver was a drunk. Almost every accident I have been to that happened after about 8 or 9 at night, there was a drunk driver involved. They are more frequently leaving the scene these days because of the tough DWO laws. Glad you made it through okay.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 2:58:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Glad ya ok and all.

But now the important question.

What happened to the KK's? [:p]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 3:15:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Glad you are okay.  Let us know about the truck driver and if they find the SOB that hit you.

Oh, did the KK survive?

medcop
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 4:26:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 4:30:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Damn man, that sucks!

Was this right in town, or in a somewhat rural area? Were their any other witnesses?

Anyway, glad you didn't get hurt. Keep us up to date on the tow driver. And of course if you find that shithead in the truck.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 4:37:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ah yes. Now you know what my entire life has been like.
View Quote
.....Imbro....you crack me up !,I hope you did'nt run out of bathroom literature...... USPC40....KK's attract bad MoJo[;)]! glad your not hurt.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 4:51:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
From [perspnal experience, I bet the pick-up driver was a drunk. Almost every accident I have been to that happened after about 8 or 9 at night, there was a drunk driver involved. They are more frequently leaving the scene these days because of the tough DWO laws. Glad you made it through okay.
View Quote

Ah, yes.  The Law of Unintended Consequences.  I'll bet the laws for hit-and-run with no injuries are less onerous than DUI.  Is it any surprise you get H&R's?
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 4:57:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:44:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Ok 5/9/2002 must have been a day for bad karma  for all of us! 7am just one block from my aunts house,I hit a lady in a mini van.Here I am at a stop sign,i look one way clear,look the other way clear.As im pulling out here she is coming from my left.lol i about took her sliding door off.Cops say it was my fault,failure to yeald.Ok ill accept that,but guy I all ready pay 320$ per month for inc!!! and i just have a little GMC pickup! so now i bet its going to be like 400$!

So i drive the 45 min to St Louis for work.Mad as hell at myself all the way there :)So a call my girlfriend back in Kansas City to tell her what happened to me.Well after i told her all this we were just talking and she decides this is the time that she wants to tell me that she wants to dump me,that she dont know what she wants......... so last night i went out and got blitzed with some people from work .... the end
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:49:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Ah, yes.  The Law of Unintended Consequences.  I'll bet the laws for hit-and-run with no injuries are less onerous than DUI.  Is it any surprise you get H&R's?
View Quote

Nice logic, H+R's and DUI are onerous by themselves, and not because there are laws against it. From the sounds of it the other driver didn't care what happened to USPC40 in the least.

Did you ever think that even if H+R and DUI weren't against the law the other driver wouldn't stop because they didn't want to take responsibiility for thier actions, ie pay for the damage they caused?
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ok 5/9/2002 must have been a day for bad karma  for all of us! 7am just one block from my aunts house,I hit a lady in a mini van.Here I am at a stop sign,i look one way clear,look the other way clear.As im pulling out here she is coming from my left.lol i about took her sliding door off.Cops say it was my fault,failure to yeald.Ok ill accept that,but guy I all ready pay 320$ per month for inc!!! and i just have a little GMC pickup! so now i bet its going to be like 400$!

So i drive the 45 min to St Louis for work.Mad as hell at myself all the way there :)So a call my girlfriend back in Kansas City to tell her what happened to me.Well after i told her all this we were just talking and she decides this is the time that she wants to tell me that she wants to dump me,that she dont know what she wants......... so last night i went out and got blitzed with some people from work .... the end
View Quote

I feel for you. Women have a real knack, an instinctive talent, to know when you're
feeling your worst and then drive the dagger in!
I have a knack to always find the most talented of them all......
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 7:16:21 AM EDT
[#25]
In spite of the fact you said you were ok I hope you get yourself checked out.  I was hit about 3 months ago and while at the scene I said I was ok.  The next day my neck started hurting.  I went and saw the Dr. and after xrays and an MRI it turned out I have 2 bulging discs in my neck.  Now after 3 months of treatment I feel pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#26]
medcop wrote:
Oh, did the KK survive?
View Quote

The KK's didn't survive.  I ate them as soon as I got home. [:D]
ShamusMcOI wrote:
Was this right in town, or in a somewhat rural area? Were their any other witnesses?
View Quote

It was in the suburbs.  Nice clear night on a wide multi-lane street.  If he just wanted to get past me, he had another lane that was open.  There were no witnesses that I know of and we were the only 2 on that stretch of the road.
Dukota wrote:
In spite of the fact you said you were ok I hope you get yourself checked out. I was hit about 3 months ago and while at the scene I said I was ok. The next day my neck started hurting. I went and saw the Dr. and after xrays and an MRI it turned out I have 2 bulging discs in my neck. Now after 3 months of treatment I feel pretty good.
View Quote

I did wake up a little stiff, but I attribute that to all my muscles tensing up so much during the "ride".  I'm fine, but if I do experience any neck pain I'll get it checked out.

Thanks everyone for your concern.  I'm not holding my breath that the cops will find the guy, but you never know.  If anything new comes up, I'll update this thread.

USPC40

----------------------------
[url=www.nra.org][b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top