Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2002 12:54:18 PM EDT
[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/pcf43dd9f6a836a8d95b22ea07264f997/fdbfef5b.jpg[/img]

[:D]

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]

somebody set up us the bom!

-Spaceman
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn.  That truck was backed up to the loading dock a minute ago!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#5]
[:\]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
All your forklifts are belong to us!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:18:20 PM EDT
[#8]
You have no chance to survive make your time.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Pucker Factor 9.89

Looks like they are going to have to blow that in-place. LOL
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are you not the spelling Nazi ?[:D]

Bom is Bomb right ?
Or am I missing something.
View Quote

You are missing something and it is extremely funny. But, I can't remember what the site is called. It was a bad voice over job on an 80's era video game from Japan. Do a search on "all your base are belong to us" to find out more. This is almost as funny as the Mall Ninja.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Still trying to get the bugs out of the delivery system?

Maybe they should try attaching it to a zig.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#12]
ROFLMAO!!!!!  I can picture everyone present squinting and inhaling sharply through their teeth as they put an arm up to their face.  Bet the drivers evaluation doesnt go well this year.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#13]
wished I knew some nomenclature....does the kaboomer outweigh the forklift??was ForkHog on Lift when the rest of crew shit there pants an beat him senseless for the flash moment thought My God my shit's done!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Even my entire life passed before my eyes and I'm home safe sipping on my third cocktail.

223REM
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Caption:  Immensely powerful weapons like these should only be in the hands of highly trained professionals like our military.

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 9:03:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Some of you guys would be surprised at how roughly treated things like artillery shells really get. Bombs, I don't know about, but arty shells take a real beating before they leave the tube.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#17]
That fork is only rated for 2500 lbs. 3000 max.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 4:54:55 AM EDT
[#18]
btt for the day crew....

I can't beleive only 17 comments [:(!] This is funny junk!!!!

Or, at least you should be impressed to death with my ability to take a picture from e-mail, get it to a photo host, and post a pic here!!!

garand(TheComputerIlliterate)man

Link Posted: 5/10/2002 5:01:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 6:23:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are you not the spelling Nazi ?[:D]

Bom is Bomb right ?
Or am I missing something.
View Quote

You are missing something and it is extremely funny. But, I can't remember what the site is called. It was a bad voice over job on an 80's era video game from Japan. Do a search on "all your base are belong to us" to find out more. This is almost as funny as the Mall Ninja.
View Quote

"Zero Wing" is the game.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Oops!
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Judging by the condition of the truck cage, I think this is "par for the course," for this fork truck operator.

Garandman is still a looser.[:D]  
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#23]
WELL I FEEL SAFER EVERY DAY

[PEEP]
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
wished I knew some nomenclature....does the kaboomer outweigh the forklift??was ForkHog on Lift when the rest of crew shit there pants an beat him senseless for the flash moment thought My God my shit's done!!!
View Quote

Well I guess it's time for the resident forklift/aerial lift mechanic to give his 2 cents [:D] - the forklift is an electric model (Hyster E30XL or E35XL), with a nominal 3000lb or 3500lb capacity @ 20" load center. I'd have to say that this truck didn't fall off the loading dock, simply because the bomb and cradle should have been thrown a short distance when the truck hit the ground. Plus, it looks like the left side of the truck is outside the opening for loading dock. My guess is that the guy was travelling backwards after unloading the bomb from a truck or trailer, the load was too heavy for the truck, and the ass end lifted off the ground. This left him unable to steer which is why he went up the wall (braking would have rocked him backwards, until the mass of the bomb tipped him forward again - he should have been carrying it closer to the ground.) You can also see scrape marks from the fork tips (on the asphalt) ahead of the machine, which would lend credence to my theory that the truck was travelling backwards - if it had been going forward the asphalt would be dug up where the forks went in.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#25]
I saw an F4C goosed power leaving a revetment causing a bomb trailer dump two 750s on the ground. Everyone but the BB stackers (bomb loaders) scattered for shelter. Da Nang '67.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#26]
interesting theory. but how do we know those scrapes arnt from some other stone drunk redneck forklift runner?

the goverment doesnt trust us with guns but they trust that yoyo with bombs?

i suspect your right. besides had that thing really gone nose first over the edge th would have flipped over from the sudden drop. the sheer momentum would have flipped it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Well I guess it's time for the resident forklift/aerial lift mechanic to give his 2 cents [:D] - the forklift is an electric model (Hyster E30XL or E35XL), with a nominal 3000lb or 3500lb capacity @ 20" load center. I'd have to say that this truck didn't fall off the loading dock, simply because the bomb and cradle should have been thrown a short distance when the truck hit the ground. Plus, it looks like the left side of the truck is outside the opening for loading dock. My guess is that the guy was travelling backwards after unloading the bomb from a truck or trailer, the load was too heavy for the truck, and the ass end lifted off the ground. This left him unable to steer which is why he went up the wall (braking would have rocked him backwards, until the mass of the bomb tipped him forward again - he should have been carrying it closer to the ground.) You can also see scrape marks from the fork tips (on the asphalt) ahead of the machine, which would lend credence to my theory that the truck was travelling backwards - if it had been going forward the asphalt would be dug up where the forks went in.
View Quote

Fork lift dork !! Fork lift Dork!! [;)]

Could this have been a staged photo?  

Is there anyone who knows the EXACT weight of that bomb?

Is it a bomb casing that was damaged in shipping, and loaded with lead weights to make a funny hoax?
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Geez !!!

All of you are overreacting,
the guy simply went to lunch.

the thing is If someone takes his lift before he comes back from lunch, he will have to work with a pallet jack...

The high expolsive thingy is simply a way to get people away from his lift while he is at lunch..

anyone that has worked on a dock well know that the real reason behind this.....
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 11:31:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Geez !!!

All of you are overreacting,
the guy simply went to lunch.

the thing is If someone takes his lift before he comes back from lunch, he will have to work with a pallet jack...

The high expolsive thingy is simply a way to get people away from his lift while he is at lunch..

anyone that has worked on a dock well know that the real reason behind this.....
View Quote

ROFLOL!!!
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#30]
I've seen worse.  When the bomblets start trickling out the holes made by the forks, it's time to seek shelter.  

Had a kid working for me who bounced a casket of four AMRAAMs off the forklift.  Missles are much more sensitive than bombs.

Eddie
Link Posted: 5/10/2002 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Garandman is still a looser.[:D]  
View Quote

Very funny.

Tho I think the REAL "loser" is the guy who mis-spells his insults.  [}:D]

Unless you were suggesting I'm "loose" with my morals.....but no one would beleive you. They're convinced I'm a do-gooder.  [:D]

Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#32]
NOVA[stick]"the goverment doesnt trust us with guns but they trust that yoyo with bombs?" You know you must be in the military to play with the Big Boy Fun Toys!!! Wassamattaaayou? [:D]

Link Posted: 5/10/2002 12:44:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Fork lift dork !! Fork lift Dork!! [;)]
View Quote

Well, I actually prefer rough-terrain aerial lifts - playing around anywhere from 25 to 85 feet in the air is more fun (I didn't have the stones to go all the way up in our 126' boomlift.)[:D]

Could this have been a staged photo?
View Quote

It sure could have - but one should never think that something was staged when stupidity or carelessness could have caused it instead!  

Is there anyone who knows the EXACT weight of that bomb?

Is it a bomb casing that was damaged in shipping, and loaded with lead weights to make a funny hoax?
View Quote

Something I just thought of - aren't the tail and nose sections usually left off of bombs till they're prepped to be hung on the aircraft? If you set all of them up as plain ol' iron bombs, then it just means more work later on if you need retarded or guided bombs and have to switch tail and guidance sections.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top