Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2002 11:19:54 AM EDT
As you are aware my wonderful wife has been in the hospital since last Friday after coming down with Kidney stones....

Even though she was in the hospital she still insisted that my son and I go turkey hunting last Saturday...

Well they attempted to get the stone out Monday but could not as it turned out to be some 9mm in diameter!!

She got out of the hospital yesterday to go to her parents house ( where she had been visiting when this all happened) to spend two nights before they attempt another proceedure tomorrow..

I brought the kids up for a visit last night for a couple of hours and we decided that it would be best if she stayed there as it was closer to the hospital....

GOOD THING WE DID!!

About 20 minutes after we left...she had a seizure!!!!
If she had been with us we would have been in the middle of nowhere by then.

Luckily my father in law got her to the hospital...( did not wait for an ambulance).

Her BP was down to 72/34 and she was flailing her arms and head..

A nurse was able to identify that she was having a reaction to one of the meds that they had her on.....

They stabalized her by this morning when they called to tell me about it..

I am NOT going to tell the kids as they are in the middle of standardized school testing and I do not want them to freak out over almost loosing Mom!  

Anyway....just needed to vent a bit and borrow a shoulder to cry on.  I do not know what I would do if I lost her.

We just moved away from home last July and we have nobody around now......

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Best wishes to you wife for a speedy recovery.

I know from experince what both of you are going through.  I had kidney stones when I was 19.  They are no fun.

I also nearly lost my wife during routine out patient surgery.  I was in the waiting room and her doctor had already stopped by to say things went fine, my wife was in the recovery room and should be down in about an hour.  He was leaving to go back to his office.

About a  20 minutes later the Dr. came back by the waiting room to let me know there had been a "problem".  The problem was my wife went into repratory arrest after they removed the breathing tube and they had a hell of time getting her breating again.

They took me right up to see her and she was doing fine, but seeing the fear on the faces of those recovery room folks really shook me up.  They thought they had killed her for sure.  Scared me pretty bad to see that.

Again, I hope for a speedy recovery for your wife.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank God that nurse caught it on the meds.  I hope everything turns out ok for you.

I was thinking the same thing the other day, we have been together for 7 years, married for three and some...if I lost her right now, I would be in outer space for a long time.

There is a guy who lives over in mesa, lost his wife and daughter in a bus accident when the bus plowed into the bus stop a few years ago...he lost it and even though there was a nice settlement for him, he has since spent his days riding a bicycle down the main st, a bible in one hand and a rosarie around the other.

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn! Thank God she is stable. Are they going to operate or wait for it to pass? You know we are all thinking and praying for her speedy recovery. Also know you always have Bro's here...!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:40:31 AM EDT
[#5]
You know, [b]Stormbringer[/b], what I will do. I will do exactly what I would do if it were my own beloved wife.

I know how it is being away from your family. When trouble comes, where can you run and to whom can you run?

But always know that you have a family very close to you at all times. We are, in fact, as close as your keyboard.

If you need anything. [u]Anything[/u] at all, just e-mail me whenever you get the chance.

Tell your wife that our thoughts and prayers are with her and y'all's family.

Eric The(Now,I'veGotToGoVisitMyFather)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#6]
sounds like a great woman, she got any sisters?
seriously, she has my prayers for a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#7]
You should inquire about a "lithotripsy" procedure.  Its availability depends on your location - likely near a big city. Your location and schedule (i.e., how urgently your wife needs this) may prevent your travelling for it, I dunno.

Lithotripsy uses acoustic waves (focused ultrasonic sound waves) to break up stones. As I understand it, very often this results in complete passing and no invasive procedures required (i.e, invasive surgery or even catheter-based methods).

Best wishes!

Bill Wiese
San Mateo, CA

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys...

Who ever knew that a bunch of Gun nuts could get me all choked up....

bweise....that is what they are going to try tomorrow.  They are taking her to London Ontario to give it a try.  It was the catheter method that failed on Monday.

At 9mm diameter there is little chance that an elephant could pass it.

As for you guys praying.....well as an athiest I will not be doing any....BUT...hey I could be wrong so I do appreciate your efforts on our behalf..

I just wish I could make it to the BRC to meet a great bunch like all of you!!

Perhaps the next one??
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#9]
See, 9mm IS better than .45 in some situations!  [:)]

Seriously, here's wishing you and your family the very best, and a speedy recovery for all!

Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Best wishes and prayers to your wife and to your family.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyway....just needed to vent a bit and borrow a shoulder to cry on.  I do not know what I would do if I lost her.
View Quote

Any time, any reason...this is a great bunch of people to which you can vent.  Prayers coming.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
As you are aware my wonderful wife has been in the hospital since last Friday after coming down with Kidney stones....
About 20 minutes after we left...she had a seizure!!!!
Luckily my father in law got her to the hospital...( did not wait for an ambulance).
I am NOT going to tell the kids as they are in the middle of standardized school testing and I do not want them to freak out over almost loosing Mom!  

View Quote

I would like to wish the Misses a speedy recovery. Its shows you that there definitely risks even though it is "routine."

A buddy of mine had kidney stones, it was really painful.

If something like were to happen to me, I would definitely would have freaked. It goes to show you should live your life to the fullest every because you never know what will happen.

Please feel free, this is what your internet buddies are here for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top