Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2011 3:15:56 PM EDT
I am trying to find some people who have had good luck using RIT dye on their UCP gear, I have some gear I got on clearance, but its UCP, which doesnt jive with my AO. I would appreciate any pointers out there. Pics would be very much appreciated as I would like to get an idea of the end result before I stuff a couple hundred $$s worth of gear into a dye filled washing machine. Thanks guys!!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have RIT dyed a glock before.

Link Posted: 2/22/2011 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#2]
First of all what is the materal made of?  Rit doesn't work on Nylon or Polyester very well.  you would be better off using an Acid Dye like Jacquard or Dharma Trading.  Also Washing Machine doesn't get hot enough to set dye very well,  boiling does better or "setting" dye in oven both messy.

good info here:

http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/2499574-AA.shtml?lnav=dyes.html

I've also used IDye with some sucess

Theo
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 3:48:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The user who started that here (BTW, it's UCP, not ARPAT), is Gamma762
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

OP, go to the Tactical Gear forum in the Armory and search for the MOLLE FLC mega-thread. There were several people who dyed ACU FLCs. At least one poster had a spreadsheet of dye/time/water temp.
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#5]
the dye will likely glow like the moon under night vision

Link Posted: 2/22/2011 6:26:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
the dye will likely glow like the moon under night vision

Ha, I didnt even think of that! Good point! I need to research that. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP, go to the Tactical Gear forum in the Armory and search for the MOLLE FLC mega-thread. There were several people who dyed ACU FLCs. At least one poster had a spreadsheet of dye/time/water temp.

I will defintately check that out, I appreciate the direction.
Link Posted: 2/22/2011 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Does UCP jive with anybody's AO? Guys stationed on the moon maybe?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top