User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2002 6:55:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
its a virus. i dont get the point, but just avoid them as best you can
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Uh, not an expert, but I'm thinking that yahoo and hotmail accounts may protect you.

I got another one today: "Hi,MichShooter69,honey"

Is there an NWillis on the board?
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I've been averaging about one a day of this crap.  One of mine was "hello stevegino darling".  Sending out a virus should be a capital crime.  No joke.

BTW, the name of the sender is irrelevant because the virus will emulate names from other peoples address books.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 3:36:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm still getting 1 or 2 a day.  Had a few of the "darling" ones also...
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 3:58:06 AM EDT
[#5]
So you mean these mails that I have been getting calling me darling and honey is a virus?  I thought someone finally cared!
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 4:27:51 AM EDT
[#6]
klez virus!!!! stay the f@*k away from it!!!
i got it and my protection was up to date
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So you mean these mails that I have been getting calling me darling and honey is a virus?  I thought someone finally cared!
View Quote

You and Imbroglio. *LOL*
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I had one today that Norton identified as KLEZ virus.  It caught and quarantined it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I got one a couple days ago supposedly from Lordtrader, who I've NEVER had any contact with(though I have envied him on occasion, lol).   Was around 150K in size and titled something like "Klez Virus Removal Tools". Being the naive trusting sort that I am, I instantly deleted it without opening.     [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/9/2002 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm guilty as charged.  Didn't know for 4 days as I just started a new school and have not been to the computer for a while.  

Picked up some free software from www.jumbo.com.

It's a bitch to get rid of.

Sorry about that.

Charlie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top