Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2002 2:36:03 PM EDT
[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20020508/capt.1020875359.mideast_israel_palestinians_jrl808.jpg[/img]

Caption: An Israeli police robot drags a critically wounded Palestinian bomber at Megido Junction, south of Haifa, Israel, Wednesday, May 8, 2002. In this new attack, coming just 12 hours after the pool hall bombing in Rishon Letzion which killed 15 Israelis, the bomber detonated explosives near a bus stop. The assailant was critically wounded but caused no injuries to others (AP Photo/Yigal Levy)

Eric The(TooBad!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Should've grabbed him by the crotch.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Somehow I don't think the Bot is one of the promised 72 virgins, but it sure seems to like the bomber a lot.

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
"The assailant was critically wounded but caused no injuries to others"

You just can't get good suicide bomber anymore?
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#4]
hell, looks good to me. except for that robot needing an ar15 attached to it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Doesn't look all that bad to me.  I agree, go for the croth.

Sgtar15

PS We need a robot icon.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:07:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Any chance they could use the bot to pick him up and drop him a couple times before it's finished moving him?

misanthrope747
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know what the Arab equivalent for WTF might be, but I can bet this guy was saying it over and over to himself!

Loud explosion, ear drums gone, certain shock, certain concussion, serious critical injuries and this damn lego sumbitch jerking your good right arm!

He musta known that something had gone really wrong!

If [u]this[/u] was paradise, he didn't know how much longer he could stand it!

Eric The('WhatNext'HeThinks)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Should've grabbed him by the crotch.
View Quote

That's funny as hell!!
That claw would've done a great eye gouge!
Then drag him back by the socket!
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#12]
What the IDF needs for these types of missions are battle bots !!!!!!!

[img]http://www.battlebots.com/images/battlebots/BBSF01/Medium/bot-00684.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What the IDF needs for these types of missions are battle bots !!!!!!!

[img]http://www.battlebots.com/images/battlebots/BBSF01/Medium/bot-00684.jpg[/img]
View Quote

I'd PAY to see that!!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#14]
LOL !!! what they REALLY need is one or two of those battlebots !!  Maybe the one with the big ass saw blade or the one with the huge trip hammer with the spike on the end.
[:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I was reading about this earlier. They thought the dude was dead until he lifted his head up as they drug him across the road. I heard they had already stuffed some bologna under his shirt though. [}:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#16]
I have read posts here, and also some news articles, that suggests that one or more of the different terror groups doesnt trust their martyer canidates very well. Their bombs are fitted with a hidden radio reciever as well as a timer and the expected manual detonator.

The bomber is followed- without his/her knowledge, and if there is any sign of chickening out they blow him/her up.

The timer is in case security gets too suspicious and decides to shoot your bomber. Then they have to call the bomb squad and evacuate the area, and the handlers can slip out with the crowd during the evacuation.

In this case, since the bomb went off and he is still ALIVE, it appears we might have a chicken. He tried to take off his bomb, and because it wasnt fully around him when his handler set it off, he lived. He must of also broken up the charge in trying to jettison it, cause he looks to be in entierely too GOOD a conditon to have been exposed to the usual bombers payload.

Perhaps he ripped out the detonator, and then only it exploded and not the charge?

Another thing, during the raids in the Occupied Territories, there were a couple attempts made by suicide bombers that were foiled by their premature explosion.  Speculation is that the IDF has confirmed the use of remote detonation of suicide bombers and is using RF signal generators to induce premature explosions...

Like I said though, this is all speculation...
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#17]
He's a human bomb, right?  So why not treat him like one?  Pack him in the EOD bomb truck container, drive to a desolate area and detonate him with a bit of C-4, just to make sure he's not hiding any more 'splosives up his rear portal.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Too bad they didn't program the Bot to shoot a handgun.  [:|]
View Quote

They can use a 12 gauge disrupter for some suspected bomb packages. Think laser sight and 12 gauge OO buck.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Too bad they didn't program the Bot to shoot a handgun.  [:|]
View Quote

Don't laugh...the robot the FBI sent up to Randy Weaver's house had a phone on it...oh yeah it also had a 12 guage shotgun connected to it [:O]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Evil Israeli robots torturing innocent Palestinian children again I see. Will it ever end!!! [>Q]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I like the battlebot idea!  Add a saw and pounding hammer to that robot and let her go.

medcop
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:42:42 PM EDT
[#23]
While this may be a reasonably good use for one of these robots, consider the slippery slope:  How long will it be before the terminator prototype in the pic becomes smarter and more sophisticated?  How long before Mayor Daley starts using them to round up "illegal" gun owners in Chicago?  It's for the children--yeah, having their parents dragged out into the street and shot by R2D2.  Not only do we have to plan for JBTs, now you have to consider what to do about this goddamn menace!  I hope they never fully develop AI.  

Next thing you know there will be robots wars, and after that, clone wars.  It's starting to look just like Star Wars.  I was at Wal Mart today and I could swear there was a tall Jawa (I think it was a woman in a big, brown, cape with a headdress from some pissant Asian country)  standing behind me in the line at the merchandise return counter. Where the fuck do these people come from and why do they keep letting them in the country?  Actually, that Wal Mart was waaaaay too much like the cantina in Star Wars.  

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Maybe it was another movie set like they say the fake funeral was.

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
While this may be a reasonably good use for one of these robots, consider the slippery slope:  How long will it be before the terminator prototype in the pic becomes smarter and more sophisticated?  How long before Mayor Daley starts using them to round up "illegal" gun owners in Chicago?  It's for the children--yeah, having their parents dragged out into the street and shot by R2D2.  Not only do we have to plan for JBTs, now you have to consider what to do about this goddamn menace!  I hope they never fully develop AI.  

Next thing you know there will be robots wars, and after that, clone wars.  It's starting to look just like Star Wars.  I was at Wal Mart today and I could swear there was a tall Jawa (I think it was a woman in a big, brown, cape with a headdress from some pissant Asian country)  standing behind me in the line at the merchandise return counter. Where the fuck do these people come from and why do they keep letting them in the country?  Actually, that Wal Mart was waaaaay too much like the cantina in Star Wars.  

View Quote

I saw a remote controlled .308 on the discovery channel.  Cops simply pushed/ tossed the tri-pod mounted weapon around a corner from behind cover.  Operator then aimed and fired the weapon remotely using a camera mounted on top.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You just can't get good suicide bomber anymore
View Quote

Funny how that works.  All the good ones just don't come back for second assignments!
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 8:16:44 PM EDT
[#27]
When I was taking a machine tool course the school was trying to upgrade their PC's in the CNC class and my instructor worked out a deal with local law enforcement for a sizable donation. Our end of the deal was we had to upgrade their robot which consisted of hydraulically operated wheels which raised it up off of it's tracks(this of course sped it up and conserved battery power)and the machining of 10,000 hardened steel slugs for the shotgun it carried. After it was done they tried it out an said it had blown off every lock they'd tried and was capable of detonating pipe bombs at a considerable distance, never mind what it could do to a perp. It was probably half the size of the Isreali bot but still intimidating with a spotlight and a automatic 12 gauge, so i'd say the Palestinian was freakin pretty bad. Oh, the 12 gauge was mag fed and the slugs were fired sabo style, couldn't tell much more they got real uptight when i'd try to inspect it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top