Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2002 1:47:27 PM EDT
alQiada is suspected to be behind it.

[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&ncid=514&e=7&u=/ap/20020508/ap_on_re_as/pakistan_bombing[/url]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#1]
"While authorities blamed external forces, many Islamic militants inside Pakistan have close links to al-Qaida. They have vowed revenge for Musharraf's banning of five militant groups earlier this year after he sided with the United States in its anti-terrorism campaign and war in Afghanistan."

"external forces" my ass.  Pakistan probably has more al-Qaida in it than Afghanistan these days.

I'd make the typical "France Surrenders" joke, but I rather that didn't happen this time around.

I should look up the latest on the U.S. anti-terrorist forces operating in Pakistan.  I haven't heard much about it in several days.

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:03:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The bombers must have been blind !!  How could they not see all those white flags waving !!
[:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe they'll send in Jerry Lewis to negotiate
a cease of hostilities? [:D]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#5]
The French are such selfish bastards, but have quite the long history of wars and such.  Maybe this will remind them of their militaristic roots and they'll kick some Al Qaeda ass.  That'd be cool.  They still have planes and bombs and guns and stuff, right?

I wonder if Le Pen would have so miserably lost the recent election if this had happened a couple of weeks ago?
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Do they David? I don't know, they seem to be quite serious about avoiding any potential bloodshed. Remember Chirac, sitting in the White House next to Bush sometime after 9-11: "What will you do?" he asked, with a perplexed look on his face. And he was!

Yes, on the second point. It took place far away from home and would only reinforce their views to appease the Islamaniacs even more. The French are great rationalizers.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Sigh.  They were once so bloodthirsty.  What happened?  Too much cream sauce?
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 8:29:16 PM EDT
[#8]
come on guys,
a bunch of frogs working on the paki sub program.
the french will somehow find a way to blame us all the while India's secret police get away with it.
rescue92
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#9]
American foreign policy is to blame.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
American foreign policy is to blame.
View Quote

Should we ban it for the children?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top