Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2002 1:04:25 PM EDT
[url]http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=293163[/url]

This time the US and UK aren't just going to rebuild the PA security troops for Arafat-they are going to RUN it for him as well...

Oh my how embarrasing! I left the tags off...
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#1]
"The security team will follow 10 former police officers and soldiers sent from Britain to supervise the detention of six Palestinians at a prison in Jericho."

Did I miss something?  I thought Americans were slated for this duty.  Not that I'm complaining for keeping a few Americans out of harms way.  It's seems that Bush would have no right to pledge Brits to do this since he's the one who made the (really screwed up) deal.  They either volunteered (yea right), a deal was made, or the news was wrong.

Link Posted: 5/8/2002 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT (I edited a whole new reply [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top